Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007

Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007

Old Jun 3rd 2007, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007

Originally Posted by The_Effys
OK, here is the Excel sheet I was doing, just in case we can't get your up & running

Chris
hello chris
yes mate thats good ,dont know why i cant upload one?if we keep yours running then people can add to it can you put a section on it for ozzi mobile numbers for when people get one ?just a thought, it will be good to speak and see people all in the same boat.and we all got trades that can be a big help to each other . ha i dont think anyone will get me to cook for them ha.
lets see how many people put there names on it
Dave
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 10:44 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mad.chef
hello chris
yes mate thats good ,dont know why i cant upload one?if we keep yours running then people can add to it can you put a section on it for ozzi mobile numbers for when people get one ?just a thought, it will be good to speak and see people all in the same boat.and we all got trades that can be a big help to each other . ha i dont think anyone will get me to cook for them ha.
lets see how many people put there names on it
Dave
OK Dave,

I will try & edit it for future Mobile numbers & perhaps proffessions as well, would like to keep it as simple as possible though so people could see everything at a glance.

Am just making a few adjustments & then will upload for everyone to put their details in or I can add them if they are unsure how

Chris

Old Jun 3rd 2007, 11:01 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

OK Perthies, we have a list! and if you're not on it - you're not getting in!

I've attached a list, it's an Excel doc so if you are unsure of how to add yourself & how to re-upload it I can enter details for you, no probs

Would be great to know at a glance where & when people are going instead of trawling through all the posts!

Cheers all,

Chris

Attached Files
File Type: xls
Perth Bound 2007.xls (16.0 KB, 118 views)
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=The_Effys;4866367]OK Perthies, we have a list! and if you're not on it - you're not getting in!

I've attached a list, it's an Excel doc so if you are unsure of how to add yourself & how to re-upload it I can enter details for you, no probs

Would be great to know at a glance where & when people are going instead of trawling through all the posts!

Cheers all,

Chris

.sounds good to me m8, lets see how many people put there names on . off to take kids swimming speak latters
Dave
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 11:50 am
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Chris,

Tried to update sheet, but does not save data to spreadsheet. Could you stick details in for us please?
user name - mabozar
ian(39) offshore technician oil & gas, carol(35) medical receptionist, greg(6), beth(3).
Going to Mandurah / Secret Harbour Sept / Oct 07.

Cheers,
Ian
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 11:59 am
On Our Way in Nov!

kbdb is an unknown quantity at this point

This is a great idea. I'm on mac rather than windows and don't have excel, so are you also able to add ours in too?

Darren, Electrician (40), Karen (trainer) 36, Louise (8), Martin (4)

Hoping to arrive Sept/Oct - not sure suburbs yet but def north.

I've know there is a MySpace for young single twentysomethings alone in Perth - does anyone know if there is a similar one for families also in need of friends? If there isn't, do you think there's a market to create one? I'd happily do if I thought it would help people out, but obviously these things only work if people going to use them. People could easily post their details on, as well as messages, and we could have details of meets on their too. Don't want to take anything away from this site, but I'd like one that focusses more on Perth, rather than all expats generally (i've been on the Poms in Perth site, and doesn't get populated too much). I reckon there must be a myspace already in existance to help us new guys meet up once over there?

Karen
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 12:36 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Originally Posted by mabozar
Chris,

Tried to update sheet, but does not save data to spreadsheet. Could you stick details in for us please?
user name - mabozar
ian(39) offshore technician oil & gas, carol(35) medical receptionist, greg(6), beth(3).
Going to Mandurah / Secret Harbour Sept / Oct 07.

Cheers,
Ian
Originally Posted by kbdb
This is a great idea. I'm on mac rather than windows and don't have excel, so are you also able to add ours in too?

Darren, Electrician (40), Karen (trainer) 36, Louise (8), Martin (4)

Hoping to arrive Sept/Oct - not sure suburbs yet but def north.

I've know there is a MySpace for young single twentysomethings alone in Perth - does anyone know if there is a similar one for families also in need of friends? If there isn't, do you think there's a market to create one? I'd happily do if I thought it would help people out, but obviously these things only work if people going to use them. People could easily post their details on, as well as messages, and we could have details of meets on their too. Don't want to take anything away from this site, but I'd like one that focusses more on Perth, rather than all expats generally (i've been on the Poms in Perth site, and doesn't get populated too much). I reckon there must be a myspace already in existance to help us new guys meet up once over there?

Karen
Ok guys, yer on the list!

Not sure about a Myspace site, I'm ashamed to say I have only been there a couple of times but I'm sure it would be a good idea

Been to Poms-in-Perth site & to be honest I'm not that keen on it. Aussie Move is quite a good site that seems to be Perth biased but the format of the site is horrible!

OK here is the updated list!
Attached Files
Perth Bound 2007.xls (16.5 KB, 88 views)
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 2:40 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Ok guys, yer on the list!

Not sure about a Myspace site, I'm ashamed to say I have only been there a couple of times but I'm sure it would be a good idea

Been to Poms-in-Perth site & to be honest I'm not that keen on it. Aussie Move is quite a good site that seems to be Perth biased but the format of the site is horrible!

OK here is the updated list!
with you all heading south you should try expatswa.com. Is very much more Mandurah area and south people on there.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 2:57 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Originally Posted by northernbird
with you all heading south you should try expatswa.com. Is very much more Mandurah area and south people on there.
Yes, I think that's the one Bridie set up isn't it? I think she lives in Bunbury. I haven't been on there in a while as it wasn't very busy & I got the feeling that it was mainly women posters(not that I've got anything against women ) Will have to check it out again as it may have changed since my last visit

Chris

Old Jun 3rd 2007, 2:59 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I think that's the one Bridie set up isn't it? I think she lives in Bunbury. I haven't been on there in a while as it wasn't very busy & I got the feeling that it was mainly women posters(not that I've got anything against women ) Will have to check it out again as it may have changed since my last visit

Chris

It is run by Bridie. Personally, and I am a member of all the sites you mention, BE is by far the best.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

denise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nice

Originally Posted by northernbird
It is run by Bridie. Personally, and I am a member of all the sites you mention, BE is by far the best.
I've added my details now too.

Denise
x
Attached Files
Perth Bound 2007.xls (16.5 KB, 101 views)
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 3:21 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Originally Posted by denise6372
I've added my details now too.

Denise
x
Welcome aboard Denise

My OH is also a Hairdresser, she is worried about the work, although she would get a job easily I think, it's the crap wages she'll be on! She has done assessing & training so she was thinking of apply at the TAFE in Freo perhaps. Have you got a job to go to?

Chris

Old Jun 3rd 2007, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Peter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nice

Hi

We're going to Perth probably about Aug/Sept, our dog flies out on the 19th August so hoping to go not long after that. Hubby will already be out there, staying with my relatives south of the river. We have heard good things about Secret Harbour so we will take a look there, but still not sure where to settle. We have 2 kids Bethany (11) and Daniel (8 nearly 9) and I have an older son who is 17 (who is staying in the UK, with his grandparents) and as it's getting closer I'm getting more stressed about leaving him. A meet up would be great to help us all settle in as smoothly as possible.

Karin & Peter
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

phillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant future

Is anyone heading to mandurah at all?

Although we are still thinking about Secret Harbour & Rockingham also

Chris

Hi chris we are heading over mid sept to secret harbour, our house is sold just waiting for it to complete which will be end of july.

phillip.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

Wendy007 is just really niceWendy007 is just really niceWendy007 is just really niceWendy007 is just really niceWendy007 is just really niceWendy007 is just really niceWendy007 is just really niceWendy007 is just really nice

OK Perthies, we have a list! and if you're not on it - you're not getting in!

Cheers all,

Chris

Sorry any chance you could add us too (you will wish you never offered)

Wendy 36 Midwife Darren 39 George 11 Lily 8 Max 2 and Isaac 10 months all headed Northern suburbs. Hoping to arrive late August early September.

thankyou

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.