Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007

Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007

Old May 30th 2007, 8:50 am
Moving to Perth 2007

est71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007

We are hoping to be in Perth around Sept/Oct 2007.Me(35) OH(34) Kids Lucy aged 9 & Josh aged 15. House still not sold so fingers crossed. We will be stopping with family in Joondana while looking for a rental around ocean reef.

Can anyone recommend good primary and senior schools around Mindarie, Kinross, Ocean Reef for my two kids. The oldest is into footbal (soccer) and plays for a local team here in the UK and is big into sports. He also loves playing cricket and badmington. The youngest also likes playing football and swimming. Also advice on TAFE colleges would be welcome.

Thanks In Advance
Old May 30th 2007, 8:58 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ozzy7
Hi Chris,
Thanks for giving us your update, the STNI visa sounds like they are going through quickly we hope to be over in OZ before xmas, we have already done our police checks and will be sending them off with the visa next month, were not sure if we should have the medicals now before being asked for them as were not sure where they have to be sent and as we dont have a CO yet we dont want them to get lost!
Loads of people frontload Meds no problem. Meds go to LCU Sydney, there are 2 different addresses depending on whether you send them by mail or courier them. They will then be processed & sent to ASPC where they should be filed with your Visa stuff. If you get your CO not long after Meds are sent, then you can contact LCU with your file number

Chris

Old May 30th 2007, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by est71
We are hoping to be in Perth around Sept/Oct 2007.Me(35) OH(34) Kids Lucy aged 9 & Josh aged 15. House still not sold so fingers crossed. We will be stopping with family in Joondana while looking for a rental around ocean reef.

Can anyone recommend good primary and senior schools around Mindarie, Kinross, Ocean Reef for my two kids. The oldest is into footbal (soccer) and plays for a local team here in the UK and is big into sports. He also loves playing cricket and badmington. The youngest also likes playing football and swimming. Also advice on TAFE colleges would be welcome.

Thanks In Advance
Hi there

We to will be arriving at the same time as you, got 2 boys, callum who is ten and josh who is 13, and are also looking at the same area so any info you get would be grateful to know also.

Cheers

Mick
Old May 30th 2007, 10:11 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Is anyone heading to mandurah at all?

Although we are still thinking about Secret Harbour & Rockingham also

Chris

Old May 30th 2007, 10:13 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by est71

Thanks In Advance
2 primary schools in Ocean Reef. Ocean Reef Primary and Beaumaris Primary. Kinross Primary in Kinross. I don't have any first hand experience of those schools but I know people who send their kids there and are quite happy. Ocean Reef SHS and Kinross College are the 2 high schools that cover those suburbs. I am not as familiar with Mindarie though. There is a TAFE in Joondalup.

Plenty of sports clubs around best thing is to ask around when your child starts school. Joondalup Arena is on the doorstep for swimming and other sports and Stateswim is also good for lessons. They have a pool in Joondalup.
Old May 30th 2007, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rach & Den
Hello all, we are off to Perth in September too (house sale permitting) We are Denis (38) Rachel (36) Theo (4) & Seth (2). We have friends that live in Kinross and will stay with them initially, then look to get a rental around that area I think (although can't be sure till we get there) I've never been to Oz, although Rachel spent about 1 year, 10 years ago but funnily enough never made it to Perth. Let's keep this thread going and definitely see about a newbie Perth meet up.

Good luck all & see you on the sunny side.

Denis.
yes we should have a big bbq /meet up have a few beers and make some new friends. as we will all be in the same boat.
i dont mind doing the cooking haha with a beer or two in my hand.
dave
Old May 30th 2007, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

Kelly C is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I am off to Perth on the 31st August from Manchester with Singapore - Husband flies out this Saturday so hopefully will have somewhere for us to live by the time i get there!! I can't wait to get there but unfortunately couldn't get the dog in quarantine before August so he flies on the 26th August from Heathrow - just hope he likes his new home!
Looking for a rental in lots of places as we did a recce in March - well worth it as hubby managed to secure a job whilst we were there so 457 visa came in in just under 5 weeks (result)!
Am now counting down the weeks - 13 left on Friday yipee!
Kel
Old May 31st 2007, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

Hi Chris

We are heading to Mandurah. We are going there on the 8th June for 2 weeks to validate visas, house just gone on the market and we hope to have sold and be there by mid Aug - beginning of Sept.

Been to Perth twice before and love it.
Old May 31st 2007, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

denise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nice

Originally Posted by mad.chef
Hi all
just want to see if anyone is going to perth in september or october this year?
we fly from birmingham on the 1st october 2.20 pm ?? it would be good to speak to people in the same boat in the same place at the same time
many thanks
Dave
We're flying to Perth via Mauritius on 2nd August. Absolutely can't wait.

We are currently looking at possibly settling in Secret Harbour, but to be honest we change our minds on a daily basis.

Denise
x
Old Jun 1st 2007, 8:56 am
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by denise6372
We're flying to Perth via Mauritius on 2nd August. Absolutely can't wait.

We are currently looking at possibly settling in Secret Harbour, but to be honest we change our minds on a daily basis.

Denise
x
Snap we are also going to Perth Aug / Sept house goes up for sale in July

Also thinking of Secret Harbour

Carol
Old Jun 1st 2007, 10:34 am
Just Joined

cander is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all
just want to see if anyone is going to perth in september or october this year?
we fly from birmingham on the 1st october 2.20 pm ?? it would be good to speak to people in the same boat in the same place at the same time
many thanks
Dave
I'm moving to Perth in August. I'm American, but I have lived the the UK for a little over one year now. I'll be flying out of Manchester at the end of August. Where do you plan to live in Perth? I'm looking at a place in Cottlesloe now.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=cander;4859458]I'm moving to Perth in August. I'm American, but I have lived the the UK for a little over one year now. I'll be flying out of Manchester at the end of August. Where do you plan to live in Perth? I'm looking at a place in Cottlesloe now.[/QUOTE
we got a 3 week rental in joondalup until we can find a long term rental ?? if there is any,we will look around joondalup and around that area??
got to look at the schools first before we settle. then it will be time to get a vw camper van,get the fishing things out and bbq and start to enjoy life.
we hope
Dave
Old Jun 1st 2007, 11:39 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Hi all Perthies

Perhaps we could do a list of who's who, when they are going & where they plan to settle in Perth area? That way it would be easier to see the bigger picture, perhaps do it for everyone going this year to keep it managable

Whadda you reckon?

Chris

Old Jun 1st 2007, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Hi all Perthies

Perhaps we could do a list of who's who, when they are going & where they plan to settle in Perth area? That way it would be easier to see the bigger picture, perhaps do it for everyone going this year to keep it managable

Whadda you reckon?

Chris

i think that would be a good idea,then we could do some sort of meet up in perth for a beer and bqq. and make a few friends.
Dave
Old Jun 1st 2007, 12:09 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

i think that would be a good idea,then we could do some sort of meet up in perth for a beer and bqq. and make a few friends.
Dave
Yeah, sounds good, perhaps start a new thread & then when people post you could edit the first post & edit the list?

Anyway, something to think about gotta go to work now, so catch you later

Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.