Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any One Feeling Stressed like me???

Any One Feeling Stressed like me???

Old Sep 9th 2005, 11:04 am
experienced member

Lordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud of
Default Any One Feeling Stressed like me???

Feeling stressed

I need to get to Australia!!!! I've got my visa - that's burning a hole in my passport, I've booked my flight for November 26th 2005. My house is on the market and still not had one viewer to look at it. I haven't sorted out shipping yet either. ARGGHHHH!! :scared: And on top of that I'm really busy at work - all my staff are off sick and I've got deadlines!! Please I need some Karma!!!

Old Sep 9th 2005, 11:08 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any One Feeling Stressed like me???

Thats Life!!!,only YOU can organise it

Donna.
Old Sep 9th 2005, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

Maybe you could rent your house out until it sells??? Where are you going to in Oz. I fly out on the 28th November.
Old Sep 9th 2005, 11:20 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

I am stressed, gone 12 now and no news from solicitor or estate agent that we've exchanged..... :scared:
Old Sep 9th 2005, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pako
Maybe you could rent your house out until it sells??? Where are you going to in Oz. I fly out on the 28th November.
That's what I'm doing but I know what you mean it is quite stressful getting everything organised.
Old Sep 9th 2005, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

I cannot even begin to tell you how stressed I am, although I have to admit it is because we went about things in a kind of arse about face way.

Whilst we were going through the assessment process we decided it would be prudent to put our house on the market as the market is so crap, we didn't want to have our visa and not be able to move - we sold just after the assessment was granted. We are now waiting to exchange and our buyers want to move in a the end of this month. We passed our assessment on the 18th July and our agent has only just lodged our application with the DIMIA (bloody slow idiot) - almost 2 months later. Our dilemma now is that we have nowhere to live. We don't want to take out a 6 month lease because we are hoping to have our visa sooner than that, we have no family support to speak of (at least no-one's offered it ) and quite frankly, I am quietly having a heart attack.

To top things off, we had our medicals done at the suggestion of our agent on 19th August, saying that they should be forwarded to him unopened so he can send them when requested. Our doctor told us that any medicals sent via any other source other than the doctor becomes invalid so we think he has sent them to Sydney before our agent lodged!! We now live in fear that our medicals have gone astray and our agent has gone incommunicado because he is pissed off at us for badgering him about when he was intending to lodge in the first place.

Oh God, I feel faint....

I seriously need some time off from this whole process, but it is pretty much the tiger by the tail thing. Once you start, you just can't let go - especially as we are so close (yet so far, if you know what I mean!)

Good luck everyone, good luck!!
Old Sep 9th 2005, 11:40 am
experienced member

Lordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=coxfamuk]I cannot even begin to tell you how stressed I am, although I have to admit it is because we went about things in a kind of arse about face way.

Congratulations in Passing your Skills assessment(s) !! And in selling your house under the current climate!! WoW - wish I was in that position - I had loads to do on the house last year, so couldn't put it on the market until recently!

I'm off to Narangba, North of Brisbane.

I guess I could rent my house out, was just hoping to not have any responsibilities back in the UK.

Just so many things to juggle and organise!! The visa process was bad enough - things don't get any easier do they......then there's more red tape facing me once i'm in Australia!!

Thanks for sharing your situations with me!! - It does help just to get it off your chest!!

Old Sep 9th 2005, 11:41 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coxfamuk
I cannot even begin to tell you how stressed I am, although I have to admit it is because we went about things in a kind of arse about face way.

Whilst we were going through the assessment process we decided it would be prudent to put our house on the market as the market is so crap, we didn't want to have our visa and not be able to move - we sold just after the assessment was granted. We are now waiting to exchange and our buyers want to move in a the end of this month. We passed our assessment on the 18th July and our agent has only just lodged our application with the DIMIA (bloody slow idiot) - almost 2 months later. Our dilemma now is that we have nowhere to live. We don't want to take out a 6 month lease because we are hoping to have our visa sooner than that, we have no family support to speak of (at least no-one's offered it ) and quite frankly, I am quietly having a heart attack.

To top things off, we had our medicals done at the suggestion of our agent on 19th August, saying that they should be forwarded to him unopened so he can send them when requested. Our doctor told us that any medicals sent via any other source other than the doctor becomes invalid so we think he has sent them to Sydney before our agent lodged!! We now live in fear that our medicals have gone astray and our agent has gone incommunicado because he is pissed off at us for badgering him about when he was intending to lodge in the first place.

Oh God, I feel faint....

I seriously need some time off from this whole process, but it is pretty much the tiger by the tail thing. Once you start, you just can't let go - especially as we are so close (yet so far, if you know what I mean!)

Good luck everyone, good luck!!

Bloody hell I got stressed out just reading all of that ! Just wanted to say good luck. It will all work out in the end
Old Sep 9th 2005, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sel
Bloody hell I got stressed out just reading all of that ! Just wanted to say good luck. It will all work out in the end
LOL - thanks for making me laugh - I KNOW it is sooooo stressful. The thing is that hubby and I are at odds about it - he thinks I am trying to tell the agent how to do his job, I am saying he is clearly overworked and has put us to the bottom of the pile and isn't treating us like a valued customer and also is shirty in his emails to us. So, not only do we have this all to deal with, we may end up divorced before we even get the damn visa

Still, I am grateful that we have passed our assessment and (hopefully) sold our house (stc). Think postive, think positive, think positive......
Old Sep 9th 2005, 12:03 pm
experienced member

Ok Positive thinking - I will be positive!

Damn Still stressed ! -perhaps that will help?? lol
Old Sep 9th 2005, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

At least you have your visa mate. We need to sell our house to raise the cash for the capital investment, which the request for came through yesterday. Once we do that then we can start thinking about visas.

Why dont you rent your house and move over. After all the negative comments on here this morning about how bad it is to live in the wretched country that is Australia, you'll be back before you know it and still have a house to live in...

...as if!! Im sure Australia will be just right for you.

Good luck it will sell eventually.
Old Sep 9th 2005, 12:29 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coxfamuk
LOL - thanks for making me laugh - I KNOW it is sooooo stressful. The thing is that hubby and I are at odds about it - he thinks I am trying to tell the agent how to do his job, I am saying he is clearly overworked and has put us to the bottom of the pile and isn't treating us like a valued customer and also is shirty in his emails to us. So, not only do we have this all to deal with, we may end up divorced before we even get the damn visa

Still, I am grateful that we have passed our assessment and (hopefully) sold our house (stc). Think postive, think positive, think positive......
I see your agent is in Adelaide no wonder your hubby is stressing he's thinking of when the phone bill comes in

But ... yes we must all stay positive, it is a very long roller coaster ride ... I find a few glasses/bottles of wine helps
Old Sep 9th 2005, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

I think relocating to another country is the most stressful thing you could ever experience...it's huge you give up everything you have ever known and venture into the unknown. At least we're all in the same boat..
Old Sep 9th 2005, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Jempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to all
Red face Re: Any One Feeling Stressed like me???

I don't think you need Karma, You need Karmasutra
Old Sep 9th 2005, 1:20 pm
experienced member

Originally Posted by manxfamily
At least you have your visa mate. We need to sell our house to raise the cash for the capital investment, which the request for came through yesterday. Once we do that then we can start thinking about visas.

Why dont you rent your house and move over. After all the negative comments on here this morning about how bad it is to live in the wretched country that is Australia, you'll be back before you know it and still have a house to live in...

...as if!! Im sure Australia will be just right for you.

Good luck it will sell eventually.
LOL that's a very good point! Perhaps I should just stay here in the UK -avoid all the expense, the stress, !! It's a good job I know what I'm letting myself in for - It certainly is worth all of this and more ! And it's good to know that we're all in the same boat too!

Good luck with obtaining your visa(s) and it'll all be worth it in the end!

Cheers Mate!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.