Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any one else going on a STUDENT visa?

Any one else going on a STUDENT visa?

Old Feb 27th 2009, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to all
Default Any one else going on a STUDENT visa?

hi all me and my familly are going to brisbane on a student visa if any one else is post here
Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:31 am
Just Joined

neil72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any one else going on a STUDENT visa?

Am considering it. What are you studying?
Old Mar 6th 2009, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

davidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by neil72
Am considering it. What are you studying?
my partner is studying hair dressing its a special course that should grant us pr at the end im not expecting things to be easy as were restricted to the amount of hours we can work as we do have a child but were up for the challenge and cant wait, its a very expensive route to take it wasnt our first choice but probably our only option
Old Mar 6th 2009, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

When are you going David? Is it all working out for you?
Old Mar 6th 2009, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
When are you going David? Is it all working out for you?
hi yes thanks its all going great we have paid for part of the course and all of the health insurance and also booked flights etc we fly out on the 4th of july cant wait now i feel it will suit us better than this country and feel that it opens up more opertunitys for all of us and will hopfully give charlie a better future.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light

I'm leaving the UK on 15th March

Studying Hairdressing at the Hervey Bay TAFE. It's gonna be hard but there's only me and hubby to think about, so living on beans on toast ain't a problem for us!
Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

canadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nice

I'll be on the sunshine coast. I start April 20th. Just applied for my student visa on Thursday. Hopefully things wil go as planned. It is expensive but in our case we value the education I am getting. Can I ask how much the hairdresing course costs? Just curious. I am shelling out just under 50K AUD$ for my trade. But it's not hairdressing..
Old Mar 6th 2009, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that is one expensive course canadiangal75, what is it you are doing? I am doing horticulture in Adelaide and that is a total of $21k for the two years.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by canadiangal75
I'll be on the sunshine coast. I start April 20th. Just applied for my student visa on Thursday. Hopefully things wil go as planned. It is expensive but in our case we value the education I am getting. Can I ask how much the hairdresing course costs? Just curious. I am shelling out just under 50K AUD$ for my trade. But it's not hairdressing..
Hair dressing 2 years $25,000
Old Mar 7th 2009, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

canadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nice

Aircraft Maintenance engineering- avionics... Something I looked into about 4 years ago but was not financially able to do it at the time. Dubai has been horrible and I hate it here, but the bright side is that it got us the money so I can go study again!
Old Mar 7th 2009, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light

Hairdressing Cert III and Diploma in Salon Management $22,000
Old Mar 7th 2009, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tasmas
Hairdressing Cert III and Diploma in Salon Management $22,000
yeh if you pay up front you get 10% discount that makes it $22,000 thats what where doing saves a few bob
Old Mar 8th 2009, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by davidb1989
yeh if you pay up front you get 10% discount that makes it $22,000 thats what where doing saves a few bob
I haven't paid upfront! I've paid $7000 approx for first term and health insurance ($1500) Then I owe $5500 x 3.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 12:43 am
Just Joined

neilalys is an unknown quantity at this point

my wife will be doing hairdressing as a student our only option and with 3 school age girls the school fees are a lot of money [ $24,000 ] a year for 3 ,so thats $48,000 and $ 22,000 for wife , big chunk when house sells , better hope i get some home maintenance work quickly , or at least a job will be tight but we will be there giving it a go hopefully in august / september
Old Mar 10th 2009, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

You need to factor in another year of school fees neilalys. When you finish your course you go onto a bridging visa (assuming you have enough points straight away) while you wait for your perminant visa to be granted. While on the bridging visa you still need to pay for school fees, and it seems at the moment the perminant visa are taking close to a year to be granted.

Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.