Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any nurses out there??

Any nurses out there??

Old Jul 22nd 2006, 11:38 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of
Default Any nurses out there??

Hi this is my first post I am due to qualify as a registered nurse in january 2007 and am really keen to go to OZ as soon as possible. My research seems to suggest that I need at least 12 months experience before they will consider me for a visa is this right? Hoping to go to Queensland. Any info would be gratefully received
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 12:08 am
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any nurses out there??

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
Hi this is my first post I am due to qualify as a registered nurse in january 2007 and am really keen to go to OZ as soon as possible. My research seems to suggest that I need at least 12 months experience before they will consider me for a visa is this right? Hoping to go to Queensland. Any info would be gratefully received

Hi, I'm a nurse and we fly on the 15th August to Adelaide.

It is right that you need 12 months under your belt (for a Permanent residency visa)- -but there are some graduate programs who will take newly qualified overseas nurses if they can't fill the places with Ozzie nurses - -not sure how the visa works with this option.

I know the Royal Adelaide has a program which is really sought after.

Pm me if you have more specific questions - - -or you might find the nursing forum helpful.

Hope this helps.

xRachx
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Have a look at this thread on the nursing forum

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=385373

There are others applying for the new grad programmes in Aus for after they qualify in the UK, so you might get more info off these. There might be more threads about it on the nursing forum, so doing a search might prove useful.

Cheers
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 10:54 am
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Thanks for that, didn't realise there was a nurses forum I'll go off and have a look cheers
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 12:22 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

No ,

only joking, as kitty said, the nursey stuff goes on in the nursing forum
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 6:36 pm
Im here!!!!!!

Dianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud of

Hi there, you DO NOT NEED 12 months experience only 6 months experience for a 134 Visa. Some hospitals offer the graduate programme but pay you a pittance. Why not spend 6 months with the NHS and get some money saved and then go out there as a fully qualified with experince like what Im doing?
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

JosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud of

Welcome to BE! I'm relatively new myself - it's a brill site with fab people. Hope you find it as good as me! OH gets fed up with me BE surfing all the time!!! x
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 7:55 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
it would be a good idea to get those 12 months under your belt ... its hard enough working as a newly qualified nurse, never mind contending with a very different system to the uk one!
but, you can get out to aus without the 12 months experience ... as diane kitty and rach have explained
and the nurses forum is a gold mine of information ...

sue