Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any new pool regs experts out there?

Any new pool regs experts out there?

Old Feb 20th 2011, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

Max&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to all
Default Any new pool regs experts out there?

As with all legislation there is always some devil in the interpretation bit and annoyingly my particular scenario isn't conveniently covered in the FAQ section. Any experts out there able to advise or have opinion on the following.

We have a 100mmX100mm vertical steel post (holding up a huge outside roof area) which we are intending to locate a new pool fence near to. No one has mentioned it yet (out of the 5 pool design people we've had to quote) but I'm wondering if it could be considered a climbing point. It doesn't have any horizontal foot holds but it would be annoying if, after all is built, the inspector decides it's non compliant? Speaking of which, some regs seem to say 1.2m arc away from the top of the fence and some sites show a 900mm non climbable zone??? Which is it?

thanks in advance
Old Feb 20th 2011, 2:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any new pool regs experts out there?

Phone your local council.... Get their advice...

When we put in for pool regs they sent a bloke round to talk to us about all the ins and outs, luckily ours was simple....
Old Feb 20th 2011, 5:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Unless anyone on here has that particular issue in your particular council area, they won't know for sure. As has been suggested, call the council and ask them.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 11:10 pm
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

If they can climb a 100x100 post, they can climb a pool fence. So long as there is nothing they can step on to aid climbing it I think you would be OK. Any worries wrap barbed / razor wire around the post - that'll sort it
Old Feb 21st 2011, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

I know in my council area the plans have to be submited and passed by council. If amendments are require you are notified. This is normally done by the pool builder,so all you have to do is discuss the amendments with the builder, if they are required. Neighbours approval is also sought by council.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 4:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gibbo
I know in my council area the plans have to be submited and passed by council. If amendments are require you are notified. This is normally done by the pool builder,so all you have to do is discuss the amendments with the builder, if they are required. Neighbours approval is also sought by council.

My council didnt seek neighbour approval....

Every council is different. You need specific information from your own local one.