Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any new ideas for your new life

Any new ideas for your new life

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 3:38 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any new ideas for your new life

When we get yo Oz I want to get more into scuba diving, body boarding and maybe windsurfing. Heather and Leah will be doing more horse riding.

Has anyone else got there sites set on new hobbies and pastimes for there new life
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 3:41 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to get flying again - got my private licence in the UK about 8 years ago,but can't afford to keep it current. Hiring a plane in Oz is about a third of the price, so I might have a go at converting my licence.
:scared:
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

Yeh,

I am going start training to become a helicopter pilot! a little bit different from making signs, which is what I do here. We also want to get a boat, which has so far been a little pointless in land locked Staffs.

Cheers Mark
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

sydneybound is an unknown quantity at this point

Definately want to get more outdoor hobbies / sports going, Scuba diving / Body Boarding deffo on the list (did PADI in thailand last year), had a quick look on the web for SCUBA clubs in Sydney, there are a few out there.

Want to do more Hiking / Cycling as well, as I'm heading for Sydney there will be plenty to explore.

Thought about being a helicopter pilot (ok, thats work really, but kinda fun too !), but looked into it and its v expensive to learn and not that many jobs about.
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 3:55 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any new ideas for your new life

I love diving now (in UK), and I am bound to miss it when I go to Oz. But with so much on offer - Ningaloo, Coral Sea, GBR and NZ and Pacific islands etc it should make up.

Hopefully being near the coast a couple of dives will not take the whole day up like it does now, leaving time to for walking and to get a bicycle (I may even ride it )
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any new ideas for your new life

might start going to tupperware parties
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 4:13 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Helicopters are more expensive than fixed-wing, thats true. Wouldn't be thinking of it for work though, just for relaxation - I'm not professional pilot material!
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

mmm where do I begin,

more surfing, windsurfing, scuba diving, swimming in an outdoor pool in the morning doing my lengths, chance to volunteer to be a life guard, yoga outside.

Hubby hopes to coach football out there,

basically being in the outdoors
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Grow my own veggies and cook scrummy food in my lovely big kitchen (anything will be bigger than the broom cupboard I have currently). Swim more, carry on with pilates and stuff at gym.
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

suffolkdiva is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm going to become a stunt woman!!

Only kidding, but having once owned my own horse, I would love that dream to become a reality.
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 5:51 pm
WBB

the usual stuff more sand, more sea and plenty of sport and hopefully have enough time left for a few

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 5:57 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by Pollyana
I'd love to get flying again - got my private licence in the UK about 8 years ago,but can't afford to keep it current. Hiring a plane in Oz is about a third of the price, so I might have a go at converting my licence.
Interesting. I've been thinking about learning to fly. How much does it cost, and how long does it take?
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 6:04 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point

Cant wait to start Scuba Diving again.

Want to buy a boat to enable us to go Sea Fishing. Although will probably get lost first time out and end up in NZ.

Would love to learn to Water ski.

Cheers.
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Scuba diving is a definite, it is so cheap to get your qualification out there. Swimming, cycling and possibly horse riding again.

Oh and I am going to stop dreaming and get doing!!
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 6:48 pm
Home and Happy

If you do it over here, its very expensive and can take quite some time because of the lousy weather. Cost me about £6000 (large bank loan!) and took about 18 months. The length of time also depends on how quick you want to do it - and how good you are of course.
Much easier over there, also they have a "restricted" pilots licence, which means you stay within a certain range of the field, and is cheaper cos theres less navigation training.

Have a look at www.acst.com.au (Tassie)
or
www.keymariah.com.au/gillayts/frame_training.htm
(Archerfield, Brisbane)

Certainly worth doing, you'll never regret it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.