Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any new arrivals Northern Beaches / North Shore (Sydney)?

Any new arrivals Northern Beaches / North Shore (Sydney)?

Old Jan 14th 2011, 6:01 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any new arrivals Northern Beaches / North Shore (Sydney)?

Wanting to organise a meet for anyone new to the area (or any oldies!) on Monday or Tuesday (sorry for short notice!) Under the guise of FTC but it is clearly not the first Tuesday of the month!

Hoping it could be a beach or a park picnic. . . . . Anyone around?

It'll be me and my three girls (aged 12, 11 and 9). Anyone. . . . .

B
Old Jan 14th 2011, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Ron the Pom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any new arrivals Northern Beaches / North Shore (Sydney)?

me and one girl aged 11, possibly two girls (the other aged 13) depending on what day we meet
Old Jan 14th 2011, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

I can do Monday (I think). It'll be me and 7 year old boy, along with possibly other 2 plus the various blow ins that seem to be around all the time at the moment!
Old Jan 15th 2011, 7:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Might be able to, but trying to fit everything in on tuesday will be a nightmare- DD is off to swim camp on weds, provided it isn't underwater. I know that sounds odd, but you wouldn't want to swim in the river atm.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 9:26 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

A few of us are trying to get together on Monday.

A beach day it is though we are still trying to decide which one! Spoilt for choice, that's our problem!

Hope to be able to post the decision by 9am tomorrow. . . .
Old Jan 16th 2011, 7:56 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

Collaroy - somewhere near the rock pool so the children can easily have the choice of pool or ocean without us having to move!

No-one can get there before midday so if you are coming we'll be out in the midday sun in true Brit style! Lots of sun screen and hats all round!

Last edited by binbird; Jan 16th 2011 at 8:27 pm. Reason: Time!
Old Jan 20th 2011, 10:51 am
hsp
Just Joined

hsp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by binbird
Wanting to organise a meet for anyone new to the area (or any oldies!) on Monday or Tuesday (sorry for short notice!) Under the guise of FTC but it is clearly not the first Tuesday of the month!

B
Hi Sorry we just missed the meet up, we are moving to Narrabeen tommorrow(21st), after spending 3 weeks in North Sydney (having left the Uk in December), and are keen to meet anyone living there or nearabouts already. We have an 11 year old daughter Nina who is missing her friends from home, and we would love to meet up with anyone who has children of a similar age. Our email is <snip>. Would also like some advice re schools in the area. Looking forward to hearing from you

Hilary and James

Last edited by Sue; Jan 20th 2011 at 8:11 pm. Reason: email address and last name removed. Probably not a good idea to share personal info on a public forum ;)
Old Jan 20th 2011, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

Dimples01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I missed it too as saw the posting too late. Would love to meet-up with anyone in the area (Northern suburbs/Northern beaches) for coffee and a chat or with the kids for a trip to the park/beach - I arrived in November have a nine year old daughter and am living in St Ives.

Clare
Old Jan 21st 2011, 7:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Dang- also missed the post! Hope some people turned up!!!
I'm in st Ives so could meet for a coffee. My daughter is 15 though.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

Undecided99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there - I missed the meet-up too but just wanted to say that I have 3 children (boy, 14, girl 12 and girl 9) and have been living in Avalon for the past year. I would be happy to meet with any new arrivals and introduce children if you're interested. Could do Friday this week (28th).
Old Jan 24th 2011, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

sammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by binbird

B
Well I'm up for it and I'm on the Northern Beaches.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 7:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sorry, but I work Thursdays and Fridays.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

Dimples01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I am free Friday so would love to meet up - I have a nine year old daughter. Where were you thinking of going?

Clare
Old Jan 26th 2011, 6:07 am
Birds of a feather . . .

Just a heads up to all that we will be having our regular monthly meet the second Tuesday of the month (8th) to allow kids time to settle back into school. So look out for a thread which I will start in the next fews days along the lines of Sydney FTC meet - February 2011. . . .

Keep it free!

And welcome to hsp - hope you are settling in at Narrabeen - my kids started off at Narrabeen North Public School and we were very happy with the school. Guess you need to be thinking ahead to High schools too! Come along and meet us and perhaps you'll go away with some ideas!
Old Jan 26th 2011, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Undecided99 is an unknown quantity at this point

How about 3.00 at Bilgola Beach? We could meet by the cafe. We could then grab a takeaway coffee and let the kids mess around on the beach while we talk.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.