Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any new arrivals Northern Beaches / North Shore (Sydney)?

Any new arrivals Northern Beaches / North Shore (Sydney)?

Old Jan 26th 2011, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Undecided99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any new arrivals Northern Beaches / North Shore (Sydney)?

Originally Posted by Undecided99
How about 3.00 at Bilgola Beach? We could meet by the cafe. We could then grab a takeaway coffee and let the kids mess around on the beach while we talk.
Sorry - correction - can we make it 2.30? I will need to leave by 4.00......
Old Jan 27th 2011, 5:38 am
Just Joined

Dimples01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Undecided99
Sorry - correction - can we make it 2.30? I will need to leave by 4.00......
Hi
Sorry but I need to be somewhere at 3pm so it is going to be a bit late for me. Hopefully we can meet up another time.
Regards
Clare
Old Jan 27th 2011, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Undecided99 is an unknown quantity at this point

OK no problem - perhaps we can catch up at one of the FTC meetings sometime.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 11:45 am
Just Joined

Am111 is an unknown quantity at this point

We have just moved to Collaroy from the UK 3 months ago. I have twin 10 year old girls and a 5 year old boy, all at school. Happy to meet with or without kids for coffee as not working yet, so have some time on my hands!

Please let me know if there are any regular meet ups-PM or other. Also happy to do some power walks, runs(not too long!) etc.
Old Jun 10th 2011, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by binbird
Wanting to organise a meet for anyone new to the area (or any oldies!) on Monday or Tuesday (sorry for short notice!) Under the guise of FTC but it is clearly not the first Tuesday of the month!

Hoping it could be a beach or a park picnic. . . . . Anyone around?

It'll be me and my three girls (aged 12, 11 and 9). Anyone. . . . .

B
Hi
Are you still organising the FTC meets? - I haven't seen anything posted for a while it would be nice to get together for lunch soon.
Old Jun 10th 2011, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Am111
We have just moved to Collaroy from the UK 3 months ago. I have twin 10 year old girls and a 5 year old boy, all at school. Happy to meet with or without kids for coffee as not working yet, so have some time on my hands!

Please let me know if there are any regular meet ups-PM or other. Also happy to do some power walks, runs(not too long!) etc.

Hi, Hope that you are all settling in well.
I am living in St Ives and have been here for 7 months with my husband and 10 year old daughter. I am not working at the moment so would be free to meet for coffee or walks during the day - not sure I am fit enough for running yet!!
Send me a PM and we can arrange a meet-up. Clare
Old Jun 11th 2011, 2:43 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not new to Australia but new to Sydney, we live in Lindfield east I was wondering if there is going to be any meet up happening soon I can always drive there, I'm also not working and not fit either but can do walks too. I'm not a pom but British, I'm Persian & feeling very lonely with kids at school & hubby at work, lucky man.looking forward to a meet up.

Farideh x
Old Jun 11th 2011, 4:42 am
Just Joined

Am111 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi...send me a PM. We are hopefully meeting up on wed around 10am somewhere on the Northern Beaches for a little walk and coffee/lunch. All welcome!
By the way..I'm don't know anything about the tuesday meet ups and am a newbie to this whole thing. Seems there are lots of people in the same position.
Old Jun 11th 2011, 6:28 am
Mermaid

Hoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really nice

Binbird used to arrange the monthly meet for FTC but I believe she has (or is about to) started working 5 days so unavailable to organise...

I often meet with others on a Thurs or Fri as those are my 2 days not working & happy to meet up, I have a 9 yr old girl, also at school so within school hours is best for me.
Pm me any time
K x
Old Jun 11th 2011, 11:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there...feeling a bit lonely too as FTC seems to have dried up. Living in St Ives with 15yr old daughter. I work Thur/Fri usually, so don't get to meet up with Hoola any more either. Awww.
Keep us posted of details for the meet on Wednesday, as I might just be able to make it.

There are a lot of coffee/chocolate shops in St Ives if anyone fancies a visit, and the wildflower garden is good for walks of varying difficulties. (I don't run, or power walk, but a gentle stroll is more my thing.)

Last edited by carolinephillips; Jun 11th 2011 at 11:10 pm. Reason: new info