Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any new 138 Skilled Independent oz sponsor

Any new 138 Skilled Independent oz sponsor

Old Aug 13th 2006, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute
Question Any new 138 Skilled Independent oz sponsor

This is our first post on BE,. Our application for 138 has just been sent, any idea what the timescale might be. We were going for 139 designated area but our agent put us in for 138 due to the changes with 139. Anyone else in the same position? Any info will be gratefully received.

Thanks, Sam x.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 8:56 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any new 138 Skilled Independent oz sponsor

Sam,

Have a look at www.austimeline.com to see how long similar visas are taking.

It will depend if your occupation is MODL? If not, probably 7 or 8 months at the moment.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sam,

My hubby and I are going for a 138 too. Our application went in at the beginning of Feb and we haven't had a case officer assigned yet, but other 138's who were a few weeks ahead of us are starting to get them now, so we are hoping to hear in the next few weeks. I spoke to my agent a little while ago and she confirmed that the processing has slowed down a bit on this vsa recently.

There is a 138's thread going somewhere on here, I can't find the link to it just now, but if you go to the search function at the top of the page and do a search in the Oz/Immi forums for '138' you will find it.

According to the ASPC updates they are currently processing late Nov/Early Dec 05 applications.

Good luck with it all!
Suzi
Old Aug 13th 2006, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzimc
Hi Sam,

My hubby and I are going for a 138 too. Our application went in at the beginning of Feb and we haven't had a case officer assigned yet, but other 138's who were a few weeks ahead of us are starting to get them now, so we are hoping to hear in the next few weeks. I spoke to my agent a little while ago and she confirmed that the processing has slowed down a bit on this vsa recently.

There is a 138's thread going somewhere on here, I can't find the link to it just now, but if you go to the search function at the top of the page and do a search in the Oz/Immi forums for '138' you will find it.

According to the ASPC updates they are currently processing late Nov/Early Dec 05 applications.

Good luck with it all!
Suzi

Hi Suzi, OMG cant believe weve got that long to wait. As the saying goes "All good things come to those who wait", well I hope thats true. Does it matter that were not on the MODL as we are on the SOL, and will this mean a longer waiting period.

Thanks again

Sam X.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samnsam
Hi Suzi, OMG cant believe weve got that long to wait. As the saying goes "All good things come to those who wait", well I hope thats true. Does it matter that were not on the MODL as we are on the SOL, and will this mean a longer waiting period.

Thanks again

Sam X.
Hi Sam,

The main thing is whether you're MODL or not, as you're not you will be in the same boat as us I believe. It is a frustrating wait, but make the most of the time because once things start moving I bet you will come up with loads of things you wish you had done when you had the time. I've been lucky as our wait has been filled easily as my hubby was transfered to the US with his job, so we have plenty to keep us occupied instead of twiddling our thumbs. Looking back I wish we'd had more time to spend with friends and family because we do miss them now!

Hang in there and keep me up to dat with how you're doing
Suzi
Old Aug 15th 2006, 1:32 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sam,

The main thing is whether you're MODL or not, as you're not you will be in the same boat as us I believe. It is a frustrating wait, but make the most of the time because once things start moving I bet you will come up with loads of things you wish you had done when you had the time. I've been lucky as our wait has been filled easily as my hubby was transfered to the US with his job, so we have plenty to keep us occupied instead of twiddling our thumbs. Looking back I wish we'd had more time to spend with friends and family because we do miss them now!

Hang in there and keep me up to dat with how you're doing
Suzi
Hi everyone
We are 138'ers Non MODL. Applied in March, was hoping to be in Oz by Xmas, but I estimate our application will take 15 months, so it looks as though we will move next July - unless there is a miracle, but we are trying to be realistic and not raise our hopes. If it comes earlier then great! Good luck everyone
Old Aug 15th 2006, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Claire&Richard
Hi everyone
We are 138'ers Non MODL. Applied in March, was hoping to be in Oz by Xmas, but I estimate our application will take 15 months, so it looks as though we will move next July - unless there is a miracle, but we are trying to be realistic and not raise our hopes. If it comes earlier then great! Good luck everyone
Oh well, looks like we will just have to except that we have a very long wait ahead of us, Its not too bad for me and hubby but our 3 kids keep asking when are we moving, its hard to explain to a 9, 10 and 11 year olds that things aint ever that straight forward.

Thanks for all the replies
Sam x.
Old Aug 15th 2006, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Speargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really nice
Smile Re: Any new 138 Skilled Independent oz sponsor

We are in exactly the same boat!!! in fact timewise hopefully we'll be on the same plane! Application has just gone in after we had to change at the last minute!!! We used IAN HARROPs who have been superb throughout - I think its worth waiting those few months extra for the 138 and having the assurity that the visa is permanent rather than the temporary 139 Visa! Its just the waiting....youll just have to keep us company on here so we can keep each other spirits up!! Then again ...just think only one dreary depressing winter to go!! hopefully
Old Aug 15th 2006, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Speargun
We are in exactly the same boat!!! in fact timewise hopefully we'll be on the same plane! Application has just gone in after we had to change at the last minute!!! We used IAN HARROPs who have been superb throughout - I think its worth waiting those few months extra for the 138 and having the assurity that the visa is permanent rather than the temporary 139 Visa! Its just the waiting....youll just have to keep us company on here so we can keep each other spirits up!! Then again ...just think only one dreary depressing winter to go!! hopefully
I keep thinking the same thing(1 more winter) fingers crossed were right on that one. Hubby's been offered a job in QLD but we would rather not go out on work visa, and hang out for 138. With kids on tow we need the security.

Sam x.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice

Hi Suzi, we re exactly the same as you. On a 138 non modl and our visa was acknowledged at the beginning of February and we are still waiting for a CO. How frustrating is'nt it!! It s so slow!!! I do the email thing every Tuesday as soon as i get up and it just never changes!!

Still waiting Sarah

Good luck with it all!
Suzi[/QUOTE]
Old Aug 16th 2006, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ormrod7
Hi Suzi, we re exactly the same as you. On a 138 non modl and our visa was acknowledged at the beginning of February and we are still waiting for a CO. How frustrating is'nt it!! It s so slow!!! I do the email thing every Tuesday as soon as i get up and it just never changes!!

Still waiting Sarah

Good luck with it all!
Suzi
[/QUOTE]

I know - we'll just have to hang on in there! It's nice to have someone else out there who is at the same stage as you though. I was speaking to a couple of others a while back who were few months ahead of us with their application, and one of them is actually moving this Saturday so that has made me feel a bit more hopeful.

I check the email religiously too, and check in on Austimeline every now and again, we are near th front as far as people who have signed up on there who are going for our visa now, but that doesn't mean much without knowing what proportion actually sign up on Austimeline. Still I do like to check! I just took a look back at the ASPC updates and the last time there was a movement in the processing times was mid July, it's got to move on a bit again soon.....

Where is everyone heading?

Keeping everything crossed that it won't be muh longer

Last edited by suzimc; Aug 16th 2006 at 10:09 pm.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice

I know - we'll just have to hang on in there! It's nice to have someone else out there who is at the same stage as you though. I was speaking to a couple of others a while back who were few months ahead of us with their application, and one of them is actually moving this Saturday so that has made me feel a bit more hopeful.

I check the email religiously too, and check in on Austimeline every now and again, we are near th front as far as people who have signed up on there who are going for our visa now, but that doesn't mean much without knowing what proportion actually sign up on Austimeline. Still I do like to check! I just took a look back at the ASPC updates and the last time there was a movement in the processing times was mid July, it's got to move on a bit again soon.....

My Husband has a brother that lives in Adelaide but we don t fancy there for some reason we quite like the idea of Brisbane but were up for any where my husband can get work really.
Let's hope things start moving soon the thing is were not looking to go until maybe late 2007/2008 but its just the piece of mind that you can go whenever because you have your Visa already.

Where is everyone heading?

Keeping everything crossed that it won't be muh longer [/QUOTE]
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Just got our request for assurance of support today
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

Just got our request for assurance of support today
Hi Suzimc, Its all going now!!! Are you with an agent? I dont know if you seen my thread beginning of this week because we were at the same point were'nt we? (beginning of February). Our agent rang and said they were going to grant our visas if we were going to go before the 18th November (there was a mix up with our police checks!) Our agent said they don't always ask you to pay the bond it just depends on the case. I so hope to god they don't because we have nt got that until we sell the house!!!! They have'nt asked for it so far so fingers crossed!!

Sarah
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ormrod7
Hi Suzimc, Its all going now!!! Are you with an agent? I dont know if you seen my thread beginning of this week because we were at the same point were'nt we? (beginning of February). Our agent rang and said they were going to grant our visas if we were going to go before the 18th November (there was a mix up with our police checks!) Our agent said they don't always ask you to pay the bond it just depends on the case. I so hope to god they don't because we have nt got that until we sell the house!!!! They have'nt asked for it so far so fingers crossed!!

Sarah
Hi Sarah,

That's great news...I missed your post earlier in the week so I'm glad you said here! So are you going to go by 18 November then? How exciting!

We are with Global Visas. Are you using an agent or going it alone?

Suzi

Last edited by suzimc; Sep 2nd 2006 at 2:22 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.