Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

To any Mt Tamborine residents ....

To any Mt Tamborine residents ....

Old Feb 5th 2007, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

timbuktoo is just really nicetimbuktoo is just really nicetimbuktoo is just really nicetimbuktoo is just really nicetimbuktoo is just really nicetimbuktoo is just really nicetimbuktoo is just really nicetimbuktoo is just really nicetimbuktoo is just really nice
Default To any Mt Tamborine residents ....

Hello
Congratulations on living in what looks like one of the more beautiful places in Oz.

Possibly moving here later in the year, any ideas if there are already any private Guitar Teachers on Tamborine Mountain. Or do the schools provide individual guitar lessons already? Do you think the population on the Plateau would sustain 30 private students (adults as well).

That is for my husband. I would be looking for part time admin / website work. Do many people rent up there, or is it more full of the rich and successful and the retired?

So grateful for any info.
Lizzy
Old Feb 5th 2007, 8:02 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To any Mt Tamborine residents ....

Hi Lizzy, a friend of mine lives on the top of mount tamborine with the most amazing views over the gold coast. I will send her the link to your thread to see if she can help. Good luck.

Jackie x
Old Feb 5th 2007, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

timbuktoo is just really nicetimbuktoo is just really nicetimbuktoo is just really nicetimbuktoo is just really nicetimbuktoo is just really nicetimbuktoo is just really nicetimbuktoo is just really nicetimbuktoo is just really nicetimbuktoo is just really nice

Thanks so much.
Lizzy
Old Feb 5th 2007, 10:25 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by timbuktoo
Thanks so much.
Lizzy
I have sent her an email Lizzy, hopefully she will respond soon. Its very beautiful up there but just a bit too remote for us.

Jackie x
Old Feb 5th 2007, 11:44 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

We went there on holiday - beautiful spot.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 5:24 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
We went there on holiday - beautiful spot.
Could you see yourself moving over ?

We have family up there and they have the best of all worlds - beach, access to the city for work, fresh country air. They also do alot of motorcross somewhere nearby.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 7:45 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebears
Could you see yourself moving over ?

We have family up there and they have the best of all worlds - beach, access to the city for work, fresh country air. They also do alot of motorcross somewhere nearby.
No, not now. We thought about it but on returning to Perth we decided Perth was "home". I couldn't face the pain of moving my family somewhere totally new again.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 7:47 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
No, not now. We thought about it but on returning to Perth we decided Perth was "home". I couldn't face the pain of moving my family somewhere totally new again.
fair enough - and now you have a home to move into
Old Feb 6th 2007, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by thebears
fair enough - and now you have a home to move into
We went there on holiday and it was beautiful.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Possibly moving here later in the year, any ideas if there are already any private Guitar Teachers on Tamborine Mountain. Or do the schools provide individual guitar lessons already? Do you think the population on the Plateau would sustain 30 private students (adults as well).

Yes to both guitar lesson questions. We used to live next-door to the head of the music department of the state school! The local paper www.tamborinetimes.com.au has an ad for private lessons in the classifieds, under 'music lessons'. That isn't to say that there may not be room for another - why not contact the person who gives the lessons?

That is for my husband. I would be looking for part time admin / website work. Do many people rent up there, or is it more full of the rich and successful and the retired?

There are all sorts up here - 6500 at the moment, to be capped at about 9000. You can rent......and lots do.

www.lanerealty.com.au
www.ptmr.com.au

Just don't expect nightlife or restaurants to stay open after 8.30pm
Old Feb 6th 2007, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lesleys

Yes to both guitar lesson questions. We used to live next-door to the head of the music department of the state school! The local paper www.tamborinetimes.com.au has an ad for private lessons in the classifieds, under 'music lessons'. That isn't to say that there may not be room for another - why not contact the person who gives the lessons?

There are all sorts up here - 6500 at the moment, to be capped at about 9000. You can rent......and lots do.

www.lanerealty.com.au
www.ptmr.com.au

Just don't expect nightlife or restaurants to stay open after 8.30pm
Or streetlights to walk back from the pub with (although a mobile phone is just about enough to illuminate the tree roots etc. you're stumbling over!)

I hadn't heard about the 9000 cap - it seems too high. Is that a planning "suggestion" under the spread of Logan etc. round the back of the mountain?
Old Feb 6th 2007, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Thanks so much for info, Tamborine Times a great find, gives a good insight to the type of community.
Nightlife not needed..................having spent 16 years playing music in pubs and restaurants up in (5 yrs in Airlie Beach and 11 yrs here in the Uk,) now that I have 2 young boys that is the last thing on my mind !

We live rurally here in UK and want same peace and quiet in Oz, but need to be near to husband's Oz family in Brisbane.

This site has been such a good find, only stumbled accross it yesterday, but just reading all the different posts has answered so many questions going round my mind about the big move.
Here's to more happy reading while we make our minds up !
Lizzy
Old Feb 6th 2007, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CHnJ

I hadn't heard about the 9000 cap - it seems too high. Is that a planning "suggestion" under the spread of Logan etc. round the back of the mountain?
No. I think that's how many people it will be once all the subdivisions are occupied.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

No. I think that's how many people it will be once all the subdivisions are occupied.
Yes, I was looking at he SEQ development plan, with the footprint for Mount Tamborine - doesn't leave much room for small rural properties. Inevitable, the relentless march of human locusts on the beauty spots of the worlds, yes I know I am one of them.......

It never ceases to amaze me how many properties they squeeze into areas in what is always described as a country with so much space !

My husband grew up rurally North of Brisbane, now looking at it on Google Earth is horrifying what covers that area now. His parents are still clinging onto their 3 acre strip along with 5 neighbours with similar sized strips, all the other strips have been sold and 12-15 houses built on each one..............

Supply and demand...... big sigh............back to planning the rest of my life after that little aside........
Lizzy
Old Feb 6th 2007, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Joy. We'll get more monstrosities like the St Bernards hotel plan, and those new shops on Gallery Walk to service the new builds *sigh*.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.