Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Mods with Scooters in Brisbane Oz

Any Mods with Scooters in Brisbane Oz

Old Jan 4th 2008, 1:48 pm
Banned

forkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Any Mods with Scooters in Brisbane Oz

Originally Posted by adriang
I love Scarborugh, but it's a crap trip into the city every day, and a bit 'out of the action' for night life. Had a GF up there when I first moved here so was up there quite a lot.

Just off the Redcliff Peninsula, places like Brighton or Sandgate are similar, and closer to the train line.

Getting a scoot here, I reckon getting a Lambretta would be about $5000. Getting an SX would be hard, more likely an Li or a GP.

Getting a Vespa PX or an older one about 3-4000. I've never seen a T5 here, not sure they were sold here. But the P200e is still sold new.
Cheers,

Touching 40, but still love a good night out; 'out of the action' for night life, with regards to Scarbourough, umm, making me nervous now. The geography of the place seems just about right to me, especially considering we will be new to Brisbane, rents seem about right, 25 miniutes into CBD, a few bars and resturants, and right in between the Gold and Sunshine Coast. Without ever having been to Oz, Brisbane, it kind of ticks all boxes. To be honest where i live in the UK will make anywhere in Brisbane feel pleasant, Concrete City, the Ghost Town, The Specials wrote a tune about it, today it is p!ssing it down, freezing cold, and even the birds in the trees look bloody miserable?
Old Jan 4th 2008, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

Sharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by forkandknife
I used to wear tonics to school along with loafers, thought i looked the bollox until stapress came in and shoes called diamonds!

http://com2.runboard.com/bmodrevivalforums

http://www.scooter-forums.com/

Nice Sites, Nice Scoot!
For those who remember the old MOD days of the early 80's, I was having a trawl through the above link to scooter forums and found this.

"'FROM THE JAM, US & AUSTRALIAN TOURS 2008!

From The Jam's 2007 Winter Tour of the UK is now complete and the boys are off to America. If you are one of our many US/Canadian members, then Bruce, Rick, Russ and Dave are likely to be appearing at a venue near you in January or February 2008 (you lucky people!). You can find the tour dates/venues here.

After that, From The Jam are touring Australia before returning to Britain to record (we hope) their new album... and we can't wait...'

'AUSTRALIAN MARCH 2008 TOUR DATES
Online Booking – www.liveguide.com.au
Tuesday 11th March Melbourne Prince Ballroom
Wednesday 12th March Brisbane The Tivoli
Friday 14th March Sydney The Forum
Monday 17th March Hindmarsh Governor Hindmarsh Hotel
Tuesday 18th March Perth Club Capital

Overall, public and media reaction in the UK to Foxton and Buckler's 2007 UK tours were filled with nothing but praise and adoration. "The fans have proven to us that they still feel passionate about the music of the Jam," says original Jam bassist Bruce Foxton. "We're still genuinely overwhelmed by the support and interest in the band."

Foxton and Buckler will perform all of The Jam's greatest hits and classic tracks from their studio albums including 'That's Entertainment', 'A Bomb In Wardour Street', 'This Is The Modern World', 'Going Underground', 'A Town Called Malice', 'The Gift', plus other Jam originals written by Foxton including 'Smithers Jones' and 'News of the World'."

Thats Bruce Foxton and Rick Buckler from the original Jam lineup minus a very rich Paul Weller

http://www.scooter-forums.com/webpag...jamoxford.html
http://www.noblepr.co.uk/Press_Relea...m_the_jam2.htm
http://www.fromthejam.net/

It'll take me down memory lane!

Last edited by Sharpy67; Jan 4th 2008 at 10:32 pm. Reason: punc
Old Jan 4th 2008, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

I had a GP in New Zealand, there is a place in Brisbane that sell's GP's. Yep they are the Indian ones but they are good quality, mine was.

Have a look on the Lambretta UK forum as there is a few blokes on there who run a scooter club in Brisbane.

My mate has just sold his GP for $6K

Good luck.

Here's a picture of my GP

Old Jan 5th 2008, 10:06 am
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

If you have an Italian Gp 200 for sale I'd be very interested.Drop me a PM please.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:03 pm
Banned

forkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
I had a GP in New Zealand, there is a place in Brisbane that sell's GP's. Yep they are the Indian ones but they are good quality, mine was.

Have a look on the Lambretta UK forum as there is a few blokes on there who run a scooter club in Brisbane.

My mate has just sold his GP for $6K

Good luck.

Here's a picture of my GP

I think i will have to get myself one of these when i arrive in OZ, a very very nice piece of kit!

Last edited by forkandknife; Jan 25th 2008 at 9:17 pm.