British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Any midlanders off to Gold coast want to meet? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/any-midlanders-off-gold-coast-want-meet-486147/)

gazclaire Nov 13th 2007 7:05 pm

Re: Any midlanders off to Gold coast want to meet?

Where do you all live i could maybe find a place nearer to northampton with play area but i dont know the tamworth area at all! would be a shame not to meet up.:(
Claire.x

Jamesfam Nov 13th 2007 7:24 pm

Hi Claire,

We live in North Wales (near Rhyl). I don't know Northampton at all or how far it is from us, but I'm sure my hubby won't mind driving!
Clare

sammyg Nov 13th 2007 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by Clippies (Post 5549944)
yeah I know what you mean Sam! See you on the other side :)

oh yes, we'll have to make sure we do the nice wine and good music night;)

gazclaire Nov 13th 2007 7:30 pm

Hi Clare,
Sounds like a long way to drive to me but will look on a map later!
Did you watch the dvd?

Clippy Nov 13th 2007 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by sammyg (Post 5550643)
oh yes, we'll have to make sure we do the nice wine and good music night;)

:thumbsup: defo up for that!

Jamesfam Nov 16th 2007 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by gazclaire (Post 5550645)
Hi Clare,
Sounds like a long way to drive to me but will look on a map later!
Did you watch the dvd?

Hi Claire,

Apparently it is quite far!! I have watched most of the video and found it really useful. Thanks. Whereabouts on the Gold Coast are you planning to go? Clare

gazclaire Nov 16th 2007 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Jamesfam (Post 5562445)
Hi Claire,

Apparently it is quite far!! I have watched most of the video and found it really useful. Thanks. Whereabouts on the Gold Coast are you planning to go? Clare

Hi Clare,
It was good wasnt it although a bit wierd seeing where we might be living!
We are hoping to move to the robina, broadbeach, coomera, mudgeraba, reedy creek kind of areas but we have to go and have a look around and see what areas are nice and what we can afford! What about you where do hope to land?
Claire.x:confused:

Jamesfam Nov 18th 2007 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by gazclaire (Post 5562977)
Hi Clare,
It was good wasnt it although a bit wierd seeing where we might be living!
We are hoping to move to the robina, broadbeach, coomera, mudgeraba, reedy creek kind of areas but we have to go and have a look around and see what areas are nice and what we can afford! What about you where do hope to land?
Claire.x:confused:

Hi Claire,

We were thinking about Robina or North Lakes areas. These are the
areas we have narrowed our search down to but like you say it all depends on what the areas are like when you get there. :unsure:
Clare

gazclaire Nov 19th 2007 11:42 am

Thats good what made you choose there? Have you been out there for a visit, we havent yet its mad planning a whole new life away from the family and we havent even been to oz!! Its such a gamble and i dont want to keep moving the kids school.x

tedeschicat Nov 20th 2007 3:56 pm

Anyone out there? Anyone from Northampton? Going to the Gold Coast Jan 08

Scary!!!!!!!!!!

gazclaire Nov 20th 2007 4:31 pm

Hello Tedeshicat,
Yeh we are in Northampton and going to the Gold Coast, maybe we should arrange a meet nearer to here. It all went abit quiet on the meet front but would be nice to get us all together.
You lucky thing i'm soo excited for you, Jan not that far away, scary!:eek:
Where abouts are you planning to go and why?
Claire.x:rofl:

Jamesfam Nov 20th 2007 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by gazclaire (Post 5574023)
Thats good what made you choose there? Have you been out there for a visit, we havent yet its mad planning a whole new life away from the family and we havent even been to oz!! Its such a gamble and i dont want to keep moving the kids school.x

I based my research on looking for a good school in a nice area, but not too expensive, and we wanted to be near to beaches with plenty of things to do with the kids. This site was a god send in researching all the suburbs and both schools have really good reviews. We went to Oz 4 years ago and loved the place and ever since we have wanted to move there, but we were there for a holiday and didn't look around any of the suburbs with the intention that we may actually emigrate! It is a gamble but hey you only live once! Take care and keep in touch. Clare x

gillnbri Nov 20th 2007 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by jodakin (Post 5480798)
Hi Sammy

We live in South Staffs so Bromsgrove not too far for us. Would love to attend meet if thats okay. We applied for visa a few weeks ago now, have our TRA and are heading to the Gold *oast (*my letter see isn't working!!):curse:. Not too sure what area yet maybe Robina, Pa* Pines - who knows?

thought it was strange that more than one person 'C' didnt work on the keyboard, then looked again its you!!!!!!!!!!

lolylew Nov 28th 2007 2:50 pm

hi,

hope you dont mind me butting in on your post - but just thought i'd let you know there is a meet up in bromsrove this sunday, and your all welcome to come if you'd like to, the link is below, if you do want to come please post a little message on the thread to let us know .
(its for all areas of oz!)

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...28#post5582828

thanks
lisa
:thumbsup:

jodakin Nov 28th 2007 8:31 pm

Hi Lisa

Would have loved to have come to the meet on Sunday but unfortunately hubbie is at work.

Hopefully we can make the next one - whenever that may be??

Cheers, Jo :thumbsup: