British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Any midlanders off to Gold coast want to meet? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/any-midlanders-off-gold-coast-want-meet-486147/)

sammyg Oct 9th 2007 6:46 am

Any midlanders off to Gold coast want to meet?

We live in Derby and were wondering if there are any lovely peeps out there who are off to the Gold coast area who want to meet up to have a bit of a knees up:lol:

we are hoping to be off jan 08, let us know;)

sam :)

sunny somers Oct 16th 2007 5:42 pm

Re: Any midlanders off to Gold coast want to meet?

hi sammyg i think there is a meet planned for nov 4th in bromsgrove not sure of the pub, will keep an eye out, not going to gold coast but hey would still enjoy a meet.
kate

sammyg Oct 16th 2007 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by sunny somers (Post 5432613)
hi sammyg i think there is a meet planned for nov 4th in bromsgrove not sure of the pub, will keep an eye out, not going to gold coast but hey would still enjoy a meet.
kate

hya kate,
will check that out then:thumbup:

brum isn't far from us!

sam x

gazclaire Oct 20th 2007 8:36 pm

Hi all,
Just sent off visa in October so new to this, but we live in Northampton and would love to meet up with some others going through the same stuff!!:confused:Will be going to the Gold Coast too.:thumbsup:
Have two small kids which we could leave with baby sitters so let us know if anyone is around and when, please.:D
Claire and Gary.x

sammyg Oct 22nd 2007 8:31 pm

brill:thumbup:

We'll leave this on for another week or so and then we'll sort a date!

sam x

Lindsayc Oct 22nd 2007 9:09 pm

Hi Sammy and All

We lodged our visa in August and are up for a get together. Which part of the Gold Coast are people off to? Would be good to hear of others plans. We are heading to Brisbane with our two small boys. We went to the last Bromsgrove meet - did someone say there is another one planned for 4th November only I couldn't see anything on the Bromsgrove/Worcestershire thread.....

Cheers
Lindsay:)

sammyg Oct 22nd 2007 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by Lindsayc (Post 5455030)
Hi Sammy and All

We lodged our visa in August and are up for a get together. Which part of the Gold Coast are people off to? Would be good to hear of others plans. We are heading to Brisbane with our two small boys. We went to the last Bromsgrove meet - did someone say there is another one planned for 4th November only I couldn't see anything on the Bromsgrove/Worcestershire thread.....

Cheers
Lindsay:)

hi lindsay!
we are looking into coomera, helensvale area. we have 11 yr ols daughter and are early 30s. We have our visa and are just waiting to sell/let house out. We are aiming for jan 08.

Will check the bromsgrove thread out, as we could join them:thumbup:

spk soon
sam xx

gazclaire Oct 23rd 2007 8:10 am

Hi,
We fancy Robina, Reedy Creek looks really modern or the broadbeach area's, just see what our money will buy out there. We fancy building as hubby is a plumber and our agent is in the Gold Coast and her husband is a house builder and roofer and can introduce us to lots of English peps in the trade.:rofl:
Claire.x

Lindsayc Oct 23rd 2007 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by sammyg (Post 5455361)
hi lindsay!
we are looking into coomera, helensvale area. we have 11 yr ols daughter and are early 30s. We have our visa and are just waiting to sell/let house out. We are aiming for jan 08.

Will check the bromsgrove thread out, as we could join them:thumbup:

spk soon
sam xx

Hi Sammy,

Thanks for your reply. Lucky you having your visa, did it take long to come? We lodged ours 17/8 so we don't think we'll here anything for a while. We have our house on the market too - but still no viewers and it's been up over a month!!! The market is so slow at the moment, frustrating isn't it! We used to live up on the Notts/Derby border. We haven't researched many areas as of yet - my partner's job will probably be based in Brisbane so we'll look near to there so he doesn't have too far to commute. Let us know if you hear about the Bromsgrove meet...
Cheers
Lindsay

sammyg Oct 23rd 2007 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by Lindsayc (Post 5459026)
Hi Sammy,

Thanks for your reply. Lucky you having your visa, did it take long to come? We lodged ours 17/8 so we don't think we'll here anything for a while. We have our house on the market too - but still no viewers and it's been up over a month!!! The market is so slow at the moment, frustrating isn't it! We used to live up on the Notts/Derby border. We haven't researched many areas as of yet - my partner's job will probably be based in Brisbane so we'll look near to there so he doesn't have too far to commute. Let us know if you hear about the Bromsgrove meet...
Cheers
Lindsay

hey Lindsay, i've just replied to you on another thread...didn't realsie it was you!!:blink:!!

i'm going to check that bromsgrove thing out now;)

sam x

jodakin Oct 28th 2007 10:31 pm

Hi Sammy

We live in South Staffs so Bromsgrove not too far for us. Would love to attend meet if thats okay. We applied for visa a few weeks ago now, have our TRA and are heading to the Gold *oast (*my letter see isn't working!!):curse:. Not too sure what area yet maybe Robina, Pa* Pines - who knows?

sammyg Oct 29th 2007 7:42 am

Originally Posted by jodakin (Post 5480798)
Hi Sammy

We live in South Staffs so Bromsgrove not too far for us. Would love to attend meet if thats okay. We applied for visa a few weeks ago now, have our TRA and are heading to the Gold *oast (*my letter see isn't working!!):curse:. Not too sure what area yet maybe Robina, Pa* Pines - who knows?

Hi,
I checked the last meet thread out but it mentioned peeps going to Adelaide so i left it. I will have a look at a map and see where is central for us:thumbup: if we aim towards mid Nov, weekend??

Anyone else??

BTW we are looking at Coomera, Helensvale etc so not far from where you are looking.

Sam xx

Clippy Oct 29th 2007 8:02 am

I am a midlander going to the gold coast :blink:

sammyg Oct 29th 2007 8:05 am

hey you!!!!!:D

i didn't realise you were off to the Coast of Gold...well, you'll have to join us then:eek:

I'll get back to you's laters, i've got to go to work - i'll be late.:unsure::o

sam xx

Clippy Oct 29th 2007 8:07 am

Originally Posted by sammyg (Post 5482206)
hey you!!!!!:D

i didn't realise you were off to the Coast of Gold...well, you'll have to join us then:eek:

I'll get back to you's laters, i've got to go to work - i'll be late.:unsure::o

sam xx

Ha, I keep my cards close to my chest :rofl:

jodakin Oct 30th 2007 2:23 pm

Hi Sam,

Yep a weekend mid Nov sounds good to us, would be great to meet people in the same boat as ourselves.

Jo & Shaun xx :thumbup:

tedeschicat Oct 31st 2007 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by gazclaire (Post 5448205)
Hi all,
Just sent off visa in October so new to this, but we live in Northampton and would love to meet up with some others going through the same stuff!!:confused:Will be going to the Gold Coast too.:thumbsup:
Have two small kids which we could leave with baby sitters so let us know if anyone is around and when, please.:D
Claire and Gary.x

Hi all... We too are off to the coast in Jan 08.. From Northampton. We have two children aged 10 and 7.. anyone else?

sammyg Nov 1st 2007 7:45 am

Hi guys,
Been looking at a map and trying to find something between Derby, Bromsgrove and Northampton (sorry if i've missed any area), so far i've found Tammworth and Nuneaton! What are these like for distance? let me know or if anyone else can come up with somewhere better, please do so;)

sam x

jodakin Nov 1st 2007 2:17 pm

Hi all,

Tamworth and Nuneaton are both only about a 45 min drive so not too far for us. :thumbsup:

Oh by the way we are in our late 30's and have 2 kids aged 12 and 10.

Cheers, Jo x

sammyg Nov 1st 2007 7:31 pm

Right, shall we say Tammworth on Sunday 18th of Nov?...i'll look for a family pub so kiddies are sorted.

If anyone knows of a good pub around there let me know, otherwise i'll do a search.

If you can put down how many peeps in each family are coming then i can get an idea of how big a table etc!!

Sam xx

gazclaire Nov 1st 2007 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by tedeschicat (Post 5493291)
Hi all... We too are off to the coast in Jan 08.. From Northampton. We have two children aged 10 and 7.. anyone else?

Hello Tedeschicat,
Would be nice to meet you as both in the same area, where abouts in Northampton are you?
Have looked at map quest and Nuneaton is 40mins away and Tamwoth is 57mins away so not much in it.
We dont mind a drive to meet Gold Coasty's!!
We have 2 kiddies of 6 and 2 years old so would be good if we could get somewhere with play area where you could watch them, sorry this prob narrows the field abit. We may even be able to leave them with nanny but would be good for them to come too if poss.
Claire and Gary.x

sammyg Nov 3rd 2007 8:17 am

Yep, i'm on to it, no worries i'll find somewhere with play area:thumbup:

sam:)

gazclaire Nov 5th 2007 12:28 pm

We have just watched a dvd called living down under Gold Coast Queensland which was exciting! It was made by an English lady living there, it is quite homemade but very informative. My friend also bought us a copy of the same dvd bought on ebay new still wrapped for £20 so if anyone would like to buy it from us as we dont need two just pm me with your details and i will post it to you free of charge.:thumbsup:
Cheers Claire.x

Jamesfam Nov 5th 2007 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by gazclaire (Post 5513263)
We have just watched a dvd called living down under Gold Coast Queensland which was exciting! It was made by an English lady living there, it is quite homemade but very informative. My friend also bought us a copy of the same dvd bought on ebay new still wrapped for £20 so if anyone would like to buy it from us as we dont need two just pm me with your details and i will post it to you free of charge.:thumbsup:
Cheers Claire.x

Have PM'd you. Thanks, Clare

Clippy Nov 5th 2007 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by sammyg (Post 5498606)
Right, shall we say Tammworth on Sunday 18th of Nov?...i'll look for a family pub so kiddies are sorted.

If anyone knows of a good pub around there let me know, otherwise i'll do a search.

If you can put down how many peeps in each family are coming then i can get an idea of how big a table etc!!

Sam xx

Just a thought..there is the Snowdome in Tamworth, they've got bars etc inside and they usually have a snow play area for the kids, but you do have to pay and would need supervising.

So perhaps not a good idea after all :lol:

There is pub I think called The Lady Bridge not far from there but again not sure of the kids facilities :unsure:

I'll have a think and see if I can come up with any decent suggestions :lol:

gazclaire Nov 5th 2007 1:46 pm

Nice avatar clippies, makes me feel all cosy!!
Hopefully next year will be abit warmer eh!!!!
Claire.x:o

Clippy Nov 5th 2007 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by gazclaire (Post 5513529)
Nice avatar clippies, makes me feel all cosy!!
Hopefully next year will be abit warmer eh!!!!
Claire.x:o

Thank you :)

Next year we'll all be moaning we're too hot :rofl:

gazclaire Nov 5th 2007 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Clippies (Post 5513531)
Thank you :)

Next year we'll all be moaning we're too hot :rofl:

Yeh! Put on another pair of socks and crank up the heating or jump in the pool and crack open a tinny!! eeerrrmmm let me think for a momment?
See you there next year.:thumbsup:

Clippy Nov 5th 2007 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by gazclaire (Post 5513547)
Yeh! Put on another pair of socks and crank up the heating or jump in the pool and crack open a tinny!! eeerrrmmm let me think for a momment?
See you there next year.:thumbsup:

:thumbsup::rofl:

sammyg Nov 5th 2007 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by Clippies (Post 5513407)
Just a thought..there is the Snowdome in Tamworth, they've got bars etc inside and they usually have a snow play area for the kids, but you do have to pay and would need supervising.

So perhaps not a good idea after all :lol:

There is pub I think called The Lady Bridge not far from there but again not sure of the kids facilities :unsure:

I'll have a think and see if I can come up with any decent suggestions :lol:

Yes, the snowdome entered my mind!! We've been toboganning and tubing there before and it was ace but it's pricey from what i can remember and you don't get enough goes:(

i'm not doing vey well trying to find somewhere so any help would be greatly appreciated;) i've been looking for a brewsters or something but can't find any websites apart from 'pub, pub' type searches!!

I have another lok tonight though.

sam xx

Clippy Nov 5th 2007 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by sammyg (Post 5513940)
Yes, the snowdome entered my mind!! We've been toboganning and tubing there before and it was ace but it's pricey from what i can remember and you don't get enough goes:(

i'm not doing vey well trying to find somewhere so any help would be greatly appreciated;) i've been looking for a brewsters or something but can't find any websites apart from 'pub, pub' type searches!!

I have another lok tonight though.

sam xx

Sam I'll have a think and look tomorrow too :)

sammyg Nov 6th 2007 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Clippies (Post 5514030)
Sam I'll have a think and look tomorrow too :)

cheers hun:) xx

Clippy Nov 6th 2007 6:41 am

Originally Posted by sammyg (Post 5516570)
cheers hun:) xx

I haven't thought of anything yet :lol:

I don't think I can make this meet though :unsure:

Will keep thinking though :)

Clippy Nov 6th 2007 11:47 am

Ok I've been searching but not found much that would compare to the snowdome to be honest. At least there you have the option of play or just watching and you can eat drink, hot chocolate, beer whatever you want :) I know what you're saying though..a pub may be better.

I've found this list of pubs in Tamworth:
clickety click

But it doesn't give much info. There is a Brewers Fayre there somewhere, just not sure where. Actually my sister in law lives in Tamworth, I'll text her see if she can reccommend anywhere.

Unless someone else jumps in with some info :thumbsup:

sammyg Nov 8th 2007 6:22 am

I've checked the Brewers place out and they don't have a play area! Maybe somewhere slightly out of Tammworth may be better if anyone knows of anywhere with a play area??

sam:)

shiels Nov 8th 2007 8:53 am

Originally Posted by Clippies (Post 5482197)
I am a midlander going to the gold coast :blink:

:thumbsup::thumbup::thumbsup: C x

Clippy Nov 8th 2007 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by sammyg (Post 5526694)
I've checked the Brewers place out and they don't have a play area! Maybe somewhere slightly out of Tammworth may be better if anyone knows of anywhere with a play area??

sam

ahh...sorry Sam, I don't really know the area very well at all, I only really know the Snowdome :unsure: (and only if my satnav takes me :eek:)

Originally Posted by shiels (Post 5527147)
:thumbsup::thumbup::thumbsup: C x

:thumbsup::wub::thumbsup::D:wub:

Scott Nov 8th 2007 6:33 pm

well i guess i am , so i may just pop along to this

gazclaire Nov 12th 2007 10:37 am

Sorry we are well out of the area being in Northampton so can't help with venues but would love to meet up next weekend tho!
Claire.x

Jamesfam Nov 12th 2007 7:51 pm

I would love to come along but we won't be able to make this weekend now as something has come up. I will watch this thread though in case the date of the meet changes.
Clare xx