Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any meets organised in the north of England?

Any meets organised in the north of England?

Old Aug 26th 2005, 7:52 am
Heading for Adelaide ASAP

empyrean is on a distinguished road
Default Any meets organised in the north of England?

I'm a bit of an erratic poster on this site (partly due to moving house,no net connection for ages etc) but there seems to be some real camaraderie on this site almost like you know each other? We're feeling a bit lonely as none of our friends are thinking of leaving (most think we're barmy or brave). Anyway, I see there are lots of people in the north of England - do you ever get together? Or do you think it would be a good idea? Would be great to have some friendly faces when we get to the other side!!

Also have lots of questions which I daren't ask online as you guys seem to know soooo much about your applications and we seem to have left in the hands of our agent and just done what we're asked to do. Don't want to look like an idiot.............
Old Aug 26th 2005, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Keith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any meets organised in the north of England?

Originally Posted by empyrean
I'm a bit of an erratic poster on this site (partly due to moving house,no net connection for ages etc) but there seems to be some real camaraderie on this site almost like you know each other? We're feeling a bit lonely as none of our friends are thinking of leaving (most think we're barmy or brave). Anyway, I see there are lots of people in the north of England - do you ever get together? Or do you think it would be a good idea? Would be great to have some friendly faces when we get to the other side!!

Also have lots of questions which I daren't ask online as you guys seem to know soooo much about your applications and we seem to have left in the hands of our agent and just done what we're asked to do. Don't want to look like an idiot.............
Hi empyrean, there is a north-west meet in middlewich at the salt cellar pub on the 1st of oct at 4pm. Keep your eyes peeled on the other forum for more info.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 9:37 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya

Leeds meet on September 10th & Sheffield meet on September 11th http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=320238
Old Aug 26th 2005, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Were about's in Lancashire are you?

Mark
Old Aug 26th 2005, 10:28 am
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Eyup...

Come along to the meets mentioned above. You'll be made more than welcome.

RT.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 10:29 am
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wildmark
Were about's in Lancashire are you?

Mark
Blimey... one mention of the "Red Rose County" and they start coming out of the woodwork..!!
Old Aug 26th 2005, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
Blimey... one mention of the "Red Rose County" and they start coming out of the woodwork..!!

We have to stick together-dont you know!
Old Aug 26th 2005, 11:31 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

An kindly reminder to all ...

Please do NOT post threads about meetings or other non-immigration related stuff on this forum. The Australia lifestyle forum is there specifically for this purpose.

Jeremy
Old Aug 26th 2005, 4:06 pm

[QUOTE=JAJ]An kindly reminder to all ...

Please do NOT post threads about meetings or other non-immigration related stuff on this forum. The Australia lifestyle forum is there specifically for this purpose.

Sorry - thought a meeting of potential immigrants would be OK here. Should I confine my posts on this one to techie type questions etc?

Thanks
Old Aug 26th 2005, 4:07 pm

[QUOTE=wildmark]Were about's in Lancashire are you?

HI there

Not far from you - Blackburn. Where you headed? We're goingto Adelaide - well hoping to!
Old Aug 26th 2005, 4:10 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Sorry - thought a meeting of potential immigrants would be OK here. Should I confine my posts on this one to techie type questions etc?

Thanks
Yup. This forum's for technical questions relating to visas. The Lifestyle forum is for everything else!

We're in Manchester BTW.