Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any meet ups in Cairns City area?

Any meet ups in Cairns City area?

Old Sep 3rd 2008, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

Slime Bomb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any meet ups in Cairns City area?

Hi all, we just arrived in Cairns last Thursday on a 457 visa and wondered if there were any meet ups locally near the city cente as we don't have transport yet. We are currently stopping at the Best Western Central Plaza on Lake St, and looking for rental property in this area. Simon & Julie.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any meet ups in Cairns City area?

Originally Posted by Slime Bomb
Hi all, we just arrived in Cairns last Thursday on a 457 visa and wondered if there were any meet ups locally near the city cente as we don't have transport yet. We are currently stopping at the Best Western Central Plaza on Lake St, and looking for rental property in this area. Simon & Julie.

Welcome to the best place in Aus!

Yes we do have meet ups quite frequently though as far as I know there isn't anything in the pipeline at the mo.

There are quite a few of us, so I'm sure somone will get the urge for 'drinks' again soon! Just keep an eye out on the boards here.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask

Nigel
Old Sep 4th 2008, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Domenic is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Simon and Julie,
My girlfriend and I are flying out on the 15th and arrive on the 17th. We too are staying at the best western apartments on Lake Street.

Who are you going out to work for on your 457?

Best Regards

Dom & Jo
Old Sep 4th 2008, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Domenic
Hi Simon and Julie,
My girlfriend and I are flying out on the 15th and arrive on the 17th. We too are staying at the best western apartments on Lake Street.

Who are you going out to work for on your 457?

Best Regards

Dom & Jo
Hi Dom & Jo

Julie is working at CBH, is Jo? When you arrive we will be staying in the town houses behind the Best Weston, ask Kim or Denise at the reception and they can let you through for a meet if you fancy.

Sime & Jue
Old Sep 4th 2008, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

Domenic is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,
It's myself who will be working at CBH, I start my job on the 29th Sept. How long are you guys at the Best Western for, were about are you hoping to rent afterwards.

Best Regards

Dom
Old Sep 5th 2008, 6:30 am
Just Joined

MoandSally is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I am probably going to get this wrong as computors and us just dont go - but we have been in Cairns for couple of months - always keen to meet up and share what we have found out about Cairns so far
Old Sep 5th 2008, 9:31 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Slime Bomb
me , stu, marc and possibly adam( foxy ruthies oh) are out next weekend for a few if you fancy it. Stu:0 is sorting it out.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:08 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Domenic
Hi guys,
It's myself who will be working at CBH, I start my job on the 29th Sept. How long are you guys at the Best Western for, were about are you hoping to rent afterwards.

Best Regards

Dom
We are at the Best Western until 12 Sept and then we are renting behind there on Digger St. as of the 7th Oct. Not sure where we are staying in the interim but will let you know and can arrange to meet up when you arrive.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MoandSally
Hi
I am probably going to get this wrong as computors and us just dont go - but we have been in Cairns for couple of months - always keen to meet up and share what we have found out about Cairns so far
Hi Mo & Sally, Thanks, that would be great. Name a place and time and we'll sort it out. We have no transport as yet so if you could make it somewhere in Cairns City it would fine. By the way, you and computers are starting to get it right.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 8:43 am
Just Joined

Hi
Sal and I will be in the city tomorrow (sun 7th) lunchtime if you fancy a meet for a coffee/drink - Villa Romano ? 12.00 ish - don't worry if its too short a notice - just suggest another time
Mo and sal
Old Sep 7th 2008, 4:03 am
Just Joined

Hi
Sal and I will be in the city tomorrow (sun 7th) lunchtime if you fancy a meet for a coffee/drink - Villa Romano ? 12.00 ish - don't worry if its too short a notice - just suggest another time
Mo and sal
Sorry guys, just read your post 13:45. :curse: We're doing so much and getting nowhere! Can't wait to chill a bit. When are you free again?
Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:06 am
Just Joined

dont worry it was short notice and we know what its like how bout thursday late afternoon for that coffee 4ish ?
Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:53 am
Just Joined

dont worry it was short notice and we know what its like how bout thursday late afternoon for that coffee 4ish ?
Yeah that would be great, same place as last time should have been? How will we know you?

Simon & Jue.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 3:18 am
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

Try posting in the meets ups section also. Do a search for Cairns and you will see other meet ups and send a link on that thread. We meet up quite often here. I'm in the city also , Royal Harbur and don't have a car, I find I don't really need one.
Shaun
Old Sep 9th 2008, 11:37 am
Just Joined

Same place - Ok and at that time I think it should be easy to spot - be fun anyway see you then don't worry if you have to cancel we know what its like but hopefully catch up Thursday at 4

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.