Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

any March applicants??

any March applicants??

Old Jul 11th 2006, 9:51 am
lotte

charlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nice
Unhappy any March applicants??

Hi everybody, we got our application in the end of Feb & have now got the house on the market. We did our medicals last week and they will hopefully get sent this week (unrequested), police checks went off about 2 weeks ago, we are applying on a 139 visa and I HAVE HEARD NOTHING!
Even though the DIMIA state 4-5 months and they have had it for 4 months and nearly 2 weeks not a dickie bird. We have refused a low offer on the house, and now are worrying that it will be on the market for another year - I haven't even started getting shipping quotes or anything else and am probably doing this all the wrong way around.
Anybody else waiting and having hebeygeebees (!) or any advice? anybody got theirs from March either??
GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY
Lottex
Old Jul 11th 2006, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: any March applicants??

Originally Posted by charlotte
Hi everybody, we got our application in the end of Feb & have now got the house on the market. We did our medicals last week and they will hopefully get sent this week (unrequested), police checks went off about 2 weeks ago, we are applying on a 139 visa and I HAVE HEARD NOTHING!
Even though the DIMIA state 4-5 months and they have had it for 4 months and nearly 2 weeks not a dickie bird. We have refused a low offer on the house, and now are worrying that it will be on the market for another year - I haven't even started getting shipping quotes or anything else and am probably doing this all the wrong way around.
Anybody else waiting and having hebeygeebees (!) or any advice? anybody got theirs from March either??
GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY
Lottex

Charlotte, we got our confirmation from dimia on 3rd march, after sending it at end of January. The also said minimum of 4 months, we then got a mail 2 weeks ago with our case officer asking for our medicals which we had on saturday. We should here within about 3 weeks, but have not put house up yet was waiting on word back from dimia, did not want to tempt fate but now i wishing i had put it up and its going to be a mad rush. So you are half way there , you should have word back within the next few weeks i would imagine.

thanks

sarah-jayne
Old Jul 11th 2006, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

butch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the rough

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY
Lottex
hi charlotte.

we got our application ack 9th march we are 136 modl, we frontloaded our meds and police checks but not been allocated a case officer yet. it has been 5 1/2 months since and the wait is a nightmare....we sold out house back in oct and have been in rented since. just returned from a last minute holiday hoping that our e-mail or phone message would be waiting for us but nothing. it cant be much longer now

all the very best of luck, keep me posted!!
Michelle x
Old Jul 11th 2006, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

butch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by butch&shell
hi charlotte.

we got our application ack 9th march we are 136 modl, we frontloaded our meds and police checks but not been allocated a case officer yet. it has been 5 1/2 months since and the wait is a nightmare....we sold out house back in oct and have been in rented since. just returned from a last minute holiday hoping that our e-mail or phone message would be waiting for us but nothing. it cant be much longer now

all the very best of luck, keep me posted!!
Michelle x

oops cant count it has been 4 1/2 months!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 11th 2006, 5:20 pm
lotte

charlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nice
Smile Re: any March applicants??

Originally Posted by butch&shell
oops cant count it has been 4 1/2 months!!!!!!!!
They have 2 weeks left to give us the CO and the VISA!!!
Old Jul 11th 2006, 7:22 pm
Sunshine Coast -Yeepee!!

Vernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Ours was acknowledged on the 5th March and we got our visa two weeks tomorrow. It should be soon. Fingers crossed for you.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

southstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nice

Hi Lotte
We are 139ers too and we had our application acknowledged on 13th Feb. We haven't heard anything either. We have done our medicals and police checks. We accepted the asking price on the house in March but then they pulled out cos we didn't want to move out without our visas.
DIMIA post the current processing times on the immigration forum - this week they are looking at 14th to 20th Feb
Hope this helps - the waiting's awful isn't it
sue
Old Jul 12th 2006, 7:37 am
Visa Granted 04/07/2006

zeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant future
Talking Re: any March applicants??

Hi!

You can see how most of the other March applicants are doing here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...84#post3707084

Good Luck with your application.

CHEERS!
Old Jul 12th 2006, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

martynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nice
Unhappy Re: any March applicants??

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY
Lottex
Know how you feel and I haven't been waiting that long.
Sent the 136 non modl at end April, no ack. back yet. Frontloaded our meds and PCC's too, but still no ack.

Want to sell the house in Summer but don't want to be homeless before the visa's here.

Why O Why no acknowledgement ????

Feeling your pain, believe me !!!!!!