Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

any kids going to oz?

any kids going to oz?

Old Nov 23rd 2004, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute
Default any kids going to oz?

Hi my name is jade,i am 9yrs old.

Are there any kids going to oz?
Me and my family are going out there next year and i am really nervous about
it all.If there are any kids who would like to write to me,i would love to hear from you.
bye for now
jadex :scared:
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

sheila and joe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: any kids going to oz?

Originally Posted by jimtrish

it all.If there are any kids who would like to write to me,i would love to hear from you.
bye for now

hi jade -- i have a little girl called Holly and she is 10 years old. We should be moving to perth next year so I will show her your message and ask her to reply to you. Do you know where your family are going?

from Holly's mum
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 4:05 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

bye for now
Hi Jade.

Yes there are loads of kids going but they don't tend to come on here. My girls - 12 and 9 do go on the AdelaideBrits kids forum sometimes. You don't have to be going to Adelaide though They are all very friendly on there, and it is safe for children. but I think your mum and dad already know it from a thread earlier today.

If you would like to pm them, I will be happy to pass the message on. Heather is the 12 year old and Abbie is 9.

I understand the scared bit. Us adults are too and we (sort of) know what we are doing. I am sure you will love it though once you get there. You will make loads of new friends and be near the sea and wonder why you were ever scared.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

sallybee has a spectacular aura aboutsallybee has a spectacular aura aboutsallybee has a spectacular aura about

If you are going to Perth, check out the website pomsinperth.com, they have a kids forum where you can chat to other people going through the emigration process or who are already there.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

andyaldy will become famous soon enough

bye for now
hello jade
i am called chloe and i have a brother called ben, i am age 6 and ben is 3, we are moving to oz hopefully in april next year, i am a little big scared about moving to, but i know i will soon make friends, which part of oz are you going to, can you pm me
chloe
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallybee
If you are going to Perth, check out the website pomsinperth.com, they have a kids forum where you can chat to other people going through the emigration process or who are already there.
we are going to townsville in far north queensland
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sheila and joe
hi jade -- i have a little girl called Holly and she is 10 years old. We should be moving to perth next year so I will show her your message and ask her to reply to you. Do you know where your family are going?

from Holly's mum
Hi holly and hollys mum,
we are going to townsville far north queensland and I am really nervuos about
going.We are hoping to go next august,mum has a job there at the hospital.
townsville is right on the great barrier reef.
where/when are you going to perth?
see ya
jade
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

bye for now
Hi Jade

I am Hannah age 11 and i have a older brother tom who's 14, we are going to adelaide next year.
I have moved abroad before and it can be scarey but also fun and you get use to it.
Take lots of things to do with you untill you meet new friends.
Are you taking any pets?

Hannah
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by harveyhare
Hi Jade

I am Hannah age 11 and i have a older brother tom who's 14, we are going to adelaide next year.
I have moved abroad before and it can be scarey but also fun and you get use to it.
Take lots of things to do with you untill you meet new friends.
Are you taking any pets?

Hannah
Hi hannah,
We're not bringing any pets but my mum said we will get another in oz.
I have 2 brothers they're called josh and connor they are 7 and 4 they are
a pain sometimes.
see ya
jadex
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

Meabel1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andyaldy
hello jade
i am called chloe and i have a brother called ben, i am age 6 and ben is 3, we are moving to oz hopefully in april next year, i am a little big scared about moving to, but i know i will soon make friends, which part of oz are you going to, can you pm me
chloe

Hello Chloe

my name is holly, im 6. we are moving to melbourne in april.
please pm me.

Old Nov 24th 2004, 6:16 am
Just Joined

the bettsys is an unknown quantity at this point

bye for now

Hello Jade my name is Zac and i'm 12 years old and my brother Max is 10. We came over in july 2003 and live in Victoria. At school we have to wear wide broadbrimed hats else we don't get to go out and play in the sun. The children are very friendly. There is load of sports to do. It get's very hot. i missed my friends to start off with but quickly made lots of new friends. I'm sure you'll love it here when you get here.

From Zac and Max

Last edited by the bettsys; Nov 24th 2004 at 6:18 am.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by the bettsys
Hello Jade my name is Zac and i'm 12 years old and my brother Max is 10. We came over in july 2003 and live in Victoria. At school we have to wear wide broadbrimed hats else we don't get to go out and play in the sun. The children are very friendly. There is load of sports to do. It get's very hot. i missed my friends to start off with but quickly made lots of new friends. I'm sure you'll love it here when you get here.

From Zac and Max
Hi Zac and max,

yep,I proberly will love it but to think at first when you've just been told like I
did i was like ahh! [really scared] about going to a far away place.Now i just think why was i really scared? sure iam nervous about new school and i have 2 brothers called Josh and connor and they are 7 and 4 and they say that they are looking forward to it and ask them if they will have any pets and they say yes and i say what sort Josh says a black widow spider and i say they are a bit on the dangerous side! Connor will say a croc and i say greatwhite shark! :scared:

got to go now,hope to hear from you soon

Jade x
P.S we are going to townsville far north queensland.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

suecroft will become famous soon enoughsuecroft will become famous soon enough

Hi.
Bens mum here.

Ben is 10 and going to Perth end of Feb.
Also taking 7 yr old golden retriever.

I'm sure Ben would like to meet up with some pals when we get there, he's a bit scared but really excited about boogie boarding and having a beach 5 mins away ... oh and he definately wants a pool - or we're not allowed to go.

Compromises you have to make for your kids eh ?