Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any jobs in cairns twnsville or brissie for tradie? plumber carpenter????

Any jobs in cairns twnsville or brissie for tradie? plumber carpenter????

Old Apr 14th 2008, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

wewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to all
Default Any jobs in cairns twnsville or brissie for tradie? plumber carpenter????

Hi...

currently with family in Cairns, trying desperatley to find a job so I can stay here , we have come over as a family to validate the visas and are due to go home for a few years on the 19th April,as tied into the morgage back home etc.
however If I can find a well paid job I may stay here , and wifey and kids will go back and come back at a later time, been searching the net, not much joy looking into mining jobs but they need certain criteria to do the work,.....any ideas of anyone I can call.....or look up ....I am currently a foreman plumber at home in the uk.but am mlti skilled I got into oz with my carpentry qualifications......I really do not want to go home .... :-( any help guys much appreciated.....andy
Old Apr 14th 2008, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any jobs in cairns twnsville or brissie for tradie? plumber carpenter????

Originally Posted by wewantoz
Hi...

currently with family in Cairns, trying desperatley to find a job so I can stay here , we have come over as a family to validate the visas and are due to go home for a few years on the 19th April,as tied into the morgage back home etc.
however If I can find a well paid job I may stay here , and wifey and kids will go back and come back at a later time, been searching the net, not much joy looking into mining jobs but they need certain criteria to do the work,.....any ideas of anyone I can call.....or look up ....I am currently a foreman plumber at home in the uk.but am mlti skilled I got into oz with my carpentry qualifications......I really do not want to go home .... :-( any help guys much appreciated.....andy
Cairns Post on line
Carpenters - 6
Plumbers - 9

WW
Old Apr 14th 2008, 10:52 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any jobs in cairns twnsville or brissie for tradie? plumber carpenter????

CARPENTER Location: Cairns, QLD Australia 4870 Source: Cairns Post
CARPENTER For continuous work. Ph Tim 0418 752 559 This ad appeared in The Cairns Post on 2/APR/08

Posted 3 Apr 2008
Add to my Saved Jobs
CARPENTER/FORMWORKER WANTED

Carpenter/ Formworker WANTED Must have Blue Card, transport and tools. Ph: 4053 4217 This ad appeared in The Cairns Post on 12/APR/08

Posted 12 Apr 2008
Add to my Saved Jobs

CARPENTER WANTED

Carpenter Wanted Own tools transport Ph 4055 7626 This ad appeared in The Cairns Post on 29/MAR/08

Posted 3 Apr 2008
Add to my Saved Jobs

MAINTENANCE CARPENTER HAMMERHAND

MAINTENANCE CARPENTER HAMMERHAND For fly-in/fly-out of Cairns. Fax resume to 4094 2147 or email [email protected] This ad appeared in The Cairns Post on 12/APR/08

Posted 12 Apr 2008
Add to my Saved Jobs

CARPENTER EXPERIENCED

CARPENTER Experienced in exposed timber rafters. Ph 0415 774 817 This ad appeared in The Cairns Post on 8/APR/08

Posted 8 Apr 2008
Add to my Saved Jobs

PLUMBER

PLUMBER Morobe Concrete Products Ltd, the leading supplier of concrete products in Papua New Guinea, requires a Plumber immediate start. The job, which involves laying a water line and managing 20 staff, is for approximately eight weeks with a possible eight week extension at the Hidden Valley Gold Mine near Lae,

Posted 9 Apr 2008
Add to my Saved Jobs
PLUMBER

PLUMBER For general plumbing, Port Douglas area. Contact Paul on: 0417 796 437 This ad appeared in The Cairns Post on 4/APR/08

Posted 8 Apr 2008
Add to my Saved Jobs

PLUMBER - GAS FITTER

PLUMBER GAS FITTER Mossman Port Douglas Licensed experienced trades person, maintenance work, good all rounder, own tools, vehicle supplied, excellent wages conditions. Phone 4098 2774 This ad appeared in The Cairns Post on 9/APR/08

Posted 11 Apr 2008
Add to my Saved Jobs

PLUMBER - GAS

PLUMBER GAS FITTER Mossman Port Douglas Licensed experienced trades person, maintenance work, good all rounder, own tools, vehicle supplied, excellent wages conditions. Phone 4098 2774 This ad appeared in The Cairns Post on 26/MAR/08

Posted 26 Mar 2008
Add to my Saved Jobs

PLUMBER - GAS FITTER

PLUMBER GAS FITTER Mossman Port Douglas Licensed experienced trades person, maintenance work, good all rounder, own tools, vehicle supplied, excellent wages conditions. Phone 4098 2774 This ad appeared in The Cairns Post on 24/MAR/08

Posted 28 Mar 2008
Add to my Saved Jobs

PLUMBER - GAS FITTER

PLUMBER GAS FITTER Mossman Port Douglas Licensed experienced trades person, maintenance work, good all rounder, own tools, vehicle supplied, excellent wages conditions. Phone 4098 2774 This ad appeared in The Cairns Post on 31/MAR/08

Posted 3 Apr 2008
Add to my Saved Jobs

PLUMBER - GAS FITTER

PLUMBER GAS FITTER Mossman Port Douglas Licensed experienced trades person, maintenance work, good all rounder, own tools, vehicle supplied, excellent wages conditions. Phone 4098 2774 This ad appeared in The Cairns Post on 4/APR/08

Posted 8 Apr 2008
Add to my Saved Jobs

LICENCED MAINTENANCE PLUMBER

LICENCED MAINTENANCE PLUMBER Required for local work, own tools vehicle. 0407 160 471 This ad appeared in The Cairns Post on 9/APR/08

Posted 9 Apr 2008
Add to my Saved Jobs
Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:18 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi...

i reckon you will struggle at the moment. lots of qualified people chasing work. cairns has hit the skids with two of the big developers pulling the pin on a lot of work.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 12:43 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Hi...

You maybe multiskilled and got your visa on carpentary/plumbing qualifications, but as discussed on many BE threads, this will not guarantee that you will be able to start work straight away. For further info check the QBSA site
www.bsa.qld.gov.au/Home/OnlineLicenceSearch/
Old Apr 15th 2008, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

wewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The Bloke
You maybe multiskilled and got your visa on carpentary/plumbing qualifications, but as discussed on many BE threads, this will not guarantee that you will be able to start work straight away. For further info check the QBSA site
www.bsa.qld.gov.au/Home/OnlineLicenceSearch/
Hi guys thank you for your help thanks Bix for posting thse jobs on here will call some, looked into it all and can work for someone ok but need licence to be subbie.....thanks again