Reload this Page >

Any Irish in Sydney

Any Irish in Sydney

Old Mar 28th 2008, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Jaidee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Irish in Sydney

Hi ya,

Any Irish families in Sydney - either newly arrived or here a while. We have recently relocated to sydney and looking to hook up with any others over here for cuppa/chat/chinwag/beers/kids play dates/familarity!!!!!!!!!!!! Anybody out there???????
Old Mar 29th 2008, 4:16 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Irish in Sydney

Originally Posted by Jaidee
Hi ya,

Any Irish families in Sydney - either newly arrived or here a while. We have recently relocated to sydney and looking to hook up with any others over here for cuppa/chat/chinwag/beers/kids play dates/familarity!!!!!!!!!!!! Anybody out there???????
theres more irish in sydney than there is in ireland he he he

just thought i would bump your thread so other can find it.
take a trip to Coogee, home of the irish
Old Mar 29th 2008, 6:01 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Come to one of our FTC meets - we definitely have one Irish regular and others pop in from time to time. Next one is this Tuesday (always first Tuesday of the month). I don't know if Ryde is a convenient location for you but we meet up in various locations from the Northern Beaches to the North Shore and out to The Hills District. Check out the thread and if you are free to come along, ask to be pointed in the direction of the table booked in the name of First Tuesday Club. Alternatively, send me a pm and I will give you my mobile number and then you should be able to find us easily.

Hope to meet you soon.

B
Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Russ_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really nice

we are an irish family moving out at the end of september..

good to see there are others like us from here that have taken the plunge!!

hows it going??

whats tough..whats easy to get used to?

we have one 3yr old and are going to be in or around the manly area..

how long have you been there?
Old Mar 29th 2008, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

pacey is an unknown quantity at this point

i would say go to ANY backpackers hostel and you will find 80% of people are irish! Except in Kings Cross area, where 99% are irish! The rest are candians!

sorry that doesn't help does it? Unless u want someone to do some labouring for very cheap
Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

I'm from Dublin, though we moved from the UK to Sydney last year. Kids are 14, 9 and 5. We're living in St. Ives - would be happy to meet up. I'll be at the FTC meet at Ryde on Tuesday if you can make that.

BTW, as someone else said Sydney is full of Irish, and I'm still slightly freaked by how familiar the education system is here. I feel far more at home in Sydney than I ever did in the UK!
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

koala12 will become famous soon enoughkoala12 will become famous soon enough
Default Any Irish in Sydney

Hi
Just wanted to say hi....I'm not Irish but English and also living in Sydney (been here 19th months). Whereabouts are you and how are you liking it so far? As others have said you aren't alone......there are plenty of ex pats around.....
Karen
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

ezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond repute

The Mean Fiddler in Rouse Hill has a wonderful Irish session each Sunday from 6pm till late. Kids hang out in the lovely 'replicated' old Irish pub - great atmosphere, brilliant Irish musicians and plenty of Irish...and I think you can pick-up a local Irish newspaper there too. We generally go for the fun and the Guinness! Let me know if you're interested in going and we could hook-up there sometime.
http://www.meanfiddler.com.au/
Old Apr 24th 2008, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

Hi guys,

Thanks for that......the mean fiddler sounds like a treat!!! The weather here could also do with picking up a bit.....look out in the morning and think God twuld be like this at home and at least Id have somewhere to call for coffee!!!!!! Those days I just have to get in the car and drive along by all the northern beaches just to remind myself why Im here.........guess its early days yet, just seems to be more homesick days than not at the moment................

Ezzie, def will hook up at the bar.......is there loads for kids to do? Am sure my OH would do anything for a nice creamy pint right now!!!! (Id settle for a night out with the girls.....sob sob sob.....ha ha)

Jaidee
Old Apr 24th 2008, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

ezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond repute

How old are the kids? There's Playstations in an alcove around the corner would you believe. I force my kids to listen to the Irish music then they scuttle off to play (mine are teens). Pints of Guinness $5.50! They even serve out free chips and wedges at 8pm! I'll PM you my mobile no.

Originally Posted by Jaidee
Hi guys,

Thanks for that......the mean fiddler sounds like a treat!!! The weather here could also do with picking up a bit.....look out in the morning and think God twuld be like this at home and at least Id have somewhere to call for coffee!!!!!! Those days I just have to get in the car and drive along by all the northern beaches just to remind myself why Im here.........guess its early days yet, just seems to be more homesick days than not at the moment................

Ezzie, def will hook up at the bar.......is there loads for kids to do? Am sure my OH would do anything for a nice creamy pint right now!!!! (Id settle for a night out with the girls.....sob sob sob.....ha ha)

Jaidee
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Guinness - is that proper Guinness? (drool emotion)
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

So is it proper guinness????????????????? Am thinking there could be party very soon.......
Old Apr 25th 2008, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

Hey Jaidee

Are you the same Jaidee that was on the Irish Oz Forum ? I didn't post but saw yours.

How long are you there now ? I'm afraid that we're still here in Ireland and it's Melbourne that we're headed to - but I'm thrilled to have found this section of the site - we'll def. use it to help us meet people when we get there.

Just wanted to say that I hope that everything falls into place for you !
Old Apr 25th 2008, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Yep melbourne, thats me alright..........God you can go nowhere!!!!