Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

any info is realy useful thank you (UK - Au Army Transfer)

any info is realy useful thank you (UK - Au Army Transfer)

Old Jun 16th 2009, 11:02 am
Just Joined

emmadkids is an unknown quantity at this point
Default any info is realy useful thank you (UK - Au Army Transfer)

hi there my hubby is a reme in the army and we have ben talking about transfering to the raeme in australia . of course im left with the research as he away on courses lol. As we are a young famliy with five kids and my hubby still has 12 to go he is a sgt . Is it better to do it now while the kids are still young 12,7,4,2,3 month old baby our main worry is the pension side of things and im confused on the tax side of things regaurds to his pension . sorry if it all a bit muddled as i still have baby brain and not much sleep lol so any info would be good . As i feel like the right thing for us as a famliy but i want to know what to expect . thank you for looking emmy and co
Old Jun 16th 2009, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any info is realy useful thank you (UK - Au Army Transfer)

Hello

Try doing a search for REME . I'm sure last year or the year before another REME SGT transfered to RAEME in townsville. You maybe able to PM them for information.

Keel
Old Jun 16th 2009, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

thank you will do
Old Jun 16th 2009, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

daddyoconnor will become famous soon enough

Hi

My hubbie is also applying for Lateral Transfer to the Australian Army - however he has left army (Ex REME). I am also in the same boat in regards to I am the one who normally does all the admin and finding things out so I know what its like - try this link -

http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/p=2128196.html

It has helped me quite a bit and if you PM anyone on here they are pretty helpful

Hope it helps
Amanda
Old Jun 16th 2009, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

thank you hun very much appreactied i will look it over . it just all a bit confusing lol
Old Jun 16th 2009, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

daddyoconnor will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by emmadkids
thank you hun very much appreactied i will look it over . it just all a bit confusing lol
Hi Emma

It is a bit confusing. Has your husband done an expression of interest form. Very easy to complete on line. Not commiting himself to anything at all, basically send this off and the SMCA will get back to you and give you more details.

Go into the following link

http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/recrui...ants/army.aspx

Once you have this page on screen, scroll down to bottom of page. It has the smca contact address and email address. There is also an "Expression of Interest" link that you can click on.

Sorry if i am teaching you to "suck eggs" you may have already done this.....

Im no expert myself on this, just learning, but if I can help any more just get in touch.

Good Luck
Amanda
Old Jun 16th 2009, 7:12 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emmadkids
hi there my hubby is a reme in the army and we have ben talking about transfering to the raeme in australia . of course im left with the research as he away on courses lol. As we are a young famliy with five kids and my hubby still has 12 to go he is a sgt . Is it better to do it now while the kids are still young 12,7,4,2,3 month old baby our main worry is the pension side of things and im confused on the tax side of things regaurds to his pension . sorry if it all a bit muddled as i still have baby brain and not much sleep lol so any info would be good . As i feel like the right thing for us as a famliy but i want to know what to expect . thank you for looking emmy and co
I started this thread a while back as my OH is currently doing a lateral transfer....hope it proves useful...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=591426
Old Jun 16th 2009, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by daddyoconnor
Hi Emma

It is a bit confusing. Has your husband done an expression of interest form. Very easy to complete on line. Not commiting himself to anything at all, basically send this off and the SMCA will get back to you and give you more details.

Go into the following link

http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/recrui...ants/army.aspx

Once you have this page on screen, scroll down to bottom of page. It has the smca contact address and email address. There is also an "Expression of Interest" link that you can click on.

Sorry if i am teaching you to "suck eggs" you may have already done this.....

Im no expert myself on this, just learning, but if I can help any more just get in touch.

Good Luck
Amanda
thank you very much yes he has