Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any info or pics of Ingham, North of Townsville

Any info or pics of Ingham, North of Townsville

Old Jun 28th 2005, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

SonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant future
Talking Any info or pics of Ingham, North of Townsville

Hey Everyone,

Hopefully the time is almost here for us receive our Permanent Residency Visas and for us to be on our way.

We have finally narrowed our shortlist of possible towns/cities to live to just two.

Townsville looks great, there is work there and housing is just about affordable for us.

The other is a small town about 100km North of Townsville called Ingham, I have spoken to possible employers and also real estate agents to make sure there is work there for me and housing is affordable.

I would still like find more info and pics of these 2 places, especially Ingham as it is considerably smaller and therefore harder to find on the Internet.

If anybody could help or provide us with info then that would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Tony, Sonja & The Tribe
Old Jun 29th 2005, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

SonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant future
Talking Re: Any info or pics of Ingham, North of Townsville

Originally Posted by SonjaNTony
Hey Everyone,

Hopefully the time is almost here for us receive our Permanent Residency Visas and for us to be on our way.

We have finally narrowed our shortlist of possible towns/cities to live to just two.

Townsville looks great, there is work there and housing is just about affordable for us.

The other is a small town about 100km North of Townsville called Ingham, I have spoken to possible employers and also real estate agents to make sure there is work there for me and housing is affordable.

I would still like find more info and pics of these 2 places, especially Ingham as it is considerably smaller and therefore harder to find on the Internet.

If anybody could help or provide us with info then that would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Tony, Sonja & The Tribe
Please Anyone
Old Jun 29th 2005, 4:55 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any info or pics of Ingham, North of Townsville

Originally Posted by SonjaNTony
Hey Everyone,

Many Thanks

Tony, Sonja & The Tribe

Typical North Queensland country town, near to the coast and I believe, a few nice beaches nearby. Homes are very affordable compared to larger centres. Towns this size ( ie Ingham, Innisfail, Ayr etc) have all you need for day to day living and at worst, in each case, a major city is only an hour away for Malls and work if necessary. There are worse places, if you dont mind provincial life
Old Jun 29th 2005, 5:01 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know if you tried searching through Googles Australian version.
If not here it is.
Quite a few came up.....

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...cr%3DcountryAU
Old Jun 29th 2005, 5:02 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Try www.exploreaustralia.com/countrywide. Gives a little sense of the town's erm, roots.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 5:04 am
Absinthe Minded

Originally Posted by Bix
If not here it is.
Quite a few came up.....

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...cr%3DcountryAU

Ah yes.....not to mention Ingham chickens !!
Old Jun 29th 2005, 5:15 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Del Boy
Ah yes.....not to mention Ingham chickens !!
Aye......plenty of wishbones
Old Jun 29th 2005, 5:17 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by Bix
If not here it is.
Quite a few came up.....

And here's the Townsville version

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...sville&spell=1