Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

any info on bunbury

any info on bunbury

Old Mar 27th 2005, 2:33 am
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

jocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant future
Default any info on bunbury

i have been looking for a lot of information on bunbury down the south west but cant find much have you got anything you can tell me looking for anything places to stay, houses, weather anything and everything.
cheers
jocky boy
Old Mar 27th 2005, 2:51 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: any info on bunbury

Originally Posted by jocky boy
i have been looking for a lot of information on bunbury down the south west but cant find much have you got anything you can tell me looking for anything places to stay, houses, weather anything and everything.
cheers
jocky boy
There are plans to build a $30 million international motoring complex in Bunbury as a venue for Formula Nippon. http://www.bunbury.wa.gov.au/

The Bunbury Mail Weather Guide says it's between 17° and 24° today, sounds a bit chilly

This link may also be useful http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...cr%3DcountryAU

Old Mar 27th 2005, 3:01 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Good one ABCD

Houses: www.reiwa.com.au

weather: www.bom.gov.au

There's 2 people on this forum in Bunbury, but haven't posted in ages.
Try a search.
I have also spoken about Bunbury on here in the past.

I think Bunbury is officially a city. It has Target and Big W
Busselton is going to be a city soon, and it's probably getting a KMart (was talking at work about this on thursday, that's why I mention it!)
Old Mar 27th 2005, 3:16 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Simone
Good one ABCD

Houses: www.reiwa.com.au

weather: www.bom.gov.au

There's 2 people on this forum in Bunbury, but haven't posted in ages.
Try a search.
I have also spoken about Bunbury on here in the past.

I think Bunbury is officially a city. It has Target and Big W
Busselton is going to be a city soon, and it's probably getting a KMart (was talking at work about this on thursday, that's why I mention it!)
Thank you, i'll have to send you some karma when I get reloaded

I wonder when Victoria Point will become a city, we have a KMart and TWO Woolworths (or doesn't it work that way round )

Old Mar 27th 2005, 4:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Thank you, i'll have to send you some karma when I get reloaded

I wonder when Victoria Point will become a city, we have a KMart and TWO Woolworths (or doesn't it work that way round )
We could have sworn we drove past a Bunnings in Viccy Point today. Is it open?

Definitely VP should be the new capital of Redlands, Cleveland doesn't have a Bunnings OR a K-Mart, and only 1 Woolworths.

Cheers,
JTL
Old Mar 27th 2005, 4:25 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
We could have sworn we drove past a Bunnings in Viccy Point today. Is it open?

Definitely VP should be the new capital of Redlands, Cleveland doesn't have a Bunnings OR a K-Mart, and only 1 Woolworths.

Cheers,
JTL
Yes, you did see one in the Town Centre shooping area, it's not quite open yet, but they have been interviewing for staff recently, so it isn't far off

Vic Point is growing rapidly, there is even a cinema complex and library in the pipleline. And the new chemist about to open promises to be massive.

The new Lakeside shopping/eating development will be good when finished, with cafes etc overlooking the lake.

And our Koala Park shopping centre now has undercover parking on the roof

Old Mar 27th 2005, 3:58 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi JB

We like the look of Bunbury too.

You've probably already got this link but here it is anyway! http://www.bunburyonline.com/

Old Mar 27th 2005, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
Hi JB

We like the look of Bunbury too.

You've probably already got this link but here it is anyway! http://www.bunburyonline.com/

Hi Bridie I have sent you a pm
Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:15 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

I liked the idea of bunbury till i went there last year and just drove in and straight away got a vibe that it wasnt for me. Hard to explain realy and after a day or so told the wife how i felt and she felt the same but didnt want to say !
Like most things is guess some will love it others not it seemed to have all you would need but not as nice as perth or even outback towns in WA.

I was thinking not far from perth, bit cooler, cheaper houses etc but no not for me after visiting it.

I've driven round most of aus and liked most of it. But Bunbury ... no not 4me
You have to go some where and see it to get a real feel i know many that will and do love bunbury.
Pay your money take your choice
Old Mar 27th 2005, 11:37 pm
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

jocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant future

hi jocky boy here thanks for the info about bunbury helped a lot, well the weather compared to perth is it a coldoer i was wondering is bunbury a good place for the weather , cheers thanks
jocky boy
Old Mar 28th 2005, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthforme
I liked the idea of bunbury till i went there last year and just drove in and straight away got a vibe that it wasnt for me. Hard to explain realy and after a day or so told the wife how i felt and she felt the same but didnt want to say !
Like most things is guess some will love it others not it seemed to have all you would need but not as nice as perth or even outback towns in WA.

I was thinking not far from perth, bit cooler, cheaper houses etc but no not for me after visiting it.

I've driven round most of aus and liked most of it. But Bunbury ... no not 4me
You have to go some where and see it to get a real feel i know many that will and do love bunbury.
Pay your money take your choice
I have to agree with you although we did not stay there too long to us its not a place we took to.Not much to offer and to us it did not feel right .
Everyones different ,though it would be boring if we all liked the same.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

hi jocky boy here thanks for the info about bunbury helped a lot, well the weather compared to perth is it a coldoer i was wondering is bunbury a good place for the weather , cheers thanks
jocky boy
Only 3 or 4 degrees cooler, it's still hot in the summer! According to my Lonely Planet book, some science boffins actually identified the Bunbury region as being "the most comfortable climatic environment for human existance".

Bunbury as a city is ok. It has all the facilities you would need, shops, schools, leisure, etc for day-to-day needs. It depends how important it is for you to be near Perth. It's a long drive between the two (two hours) but if you don't intend working in Perth it won't be a problem. Perth has bigger and better facilities, and for serious health problems you might have to go to Perth, but then that's no different for people in the UK who have to go to London for the things not available in their home town. My sister lives near Bunbury and it would have been nice for us to live near her, but my husband works in I.T. in Perth, so the distance is just too great. There was nothing we disliked about the place though.

Bunbury and the surrounding region is rapidly growing, with the extension of the freeway due to start soon, which will cut off 20 minutes or so for those travelling to Perth. The South-West is currently in the middle of a tourist boom, and prices are rising rapidly. Don't just look at Bunbury itself, consider the nearby suburbs (eg Australind, Eaton) or towns (eg Busselton, Dunsborough). Housing is cheaper the further inland you look, there is considerable price difference between a house with ocean views and one that is a 10-minute drive away. Likewise there are some great new suburbs being built on the edge of the city, but still only a 10-minute drive for work. Dalyellup is the one that springs to mind. The only disadvantage I can think of at the moment, is that cost of living will be higher than in Perth. Overall, shop and petrol prices will be more, you may have longer waiting times for deliveries if the goods are coming via Perth, that sort of thing, but you have to weigh this up against the much cheaper housing.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 12:21 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jacqui
Bunbury as a city is ok. It has all the facilities you would need, shops, schools, leisure, etc for day-to-day needs. It depends how important it is for you to be near Perth. It's a long drive between the two (two hours) but if you don't intend working in Perth it won't be a problem. Perth has bigger and better facilities, and for serious health problems you might have to go to Perth, but then that's no different for people in the UK who have to go to London for the things not available in their home town. My sister lives near Bunbury and it would have been nice for us to live near her, but my husband works in I.T. in Perth, so the distance is just too great. There was nothing we disliked about the place though.
Hi Jacqui, just wanted to say, good post, they're my idea's on Bunbury as well. (also the weather post in the other thread good too)

What I want to add about Bunbury; it doesn't really look very nice when you drive into it usually. You usually come in via industrial area, and the centre is 'messy'. What I mean by that is that there's a few shopping streets, and then the shopping centre a bit around the corner.

But Bunbury is working on that, and it's getting nicer, like the area around the lookout tower.

I think Bunbury is the type of city that can grow on you, and it isn't a place you move to because it looks 'pretty', even though it does have nice area's, like the beaches and the dolphins.

As Jacqui said, Australind and Eaton are nice places to live close to Bunbury.

Dunsborough I would consider to touristy though(and I think prices show that, but not sure..) and Busselton is nice, but you'd be even further from Perth, not that that is always a bad thing.

I'm starting to blab on now, I'll stop
Old Mar 28th 2005, 3:18 pm
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

hi jacqie and simom its jocky boy here what more could i ask for the info you have given me is perfect went through all the sites eaton australind getting a little confusing, i dont mind the regions on where to to stay eaton e.t.c. but tring to get my better half 'beth' to be more open minded but no she want's to go to bunbury,but dont you worry i'll wear here down, ha ha is that possible god probably not .
cheers guys
jocky boy...
Old Mar 29th 2005, 2:55 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

hi jacqie and simom its jocky boy here what more could i ask for the info you have given me is perfect went through all the sites eaton australind getting a little confusing, i dont mind the regions on where to to stay eaton e.t.c. but tring to get my better half 'beth' to be more open minded but no she want's to go to bunbury,but dont you worry i'll wear here down, ha ha is that possible god probably not .
cheers guys
jocky boy...
As far as I know, or what I consider them as anyway, Australind and Eaton are practically suburbs of Bunbury. Lots of people live there and work in Bunbury, or vice versa(I know people in both situations!)

THe part of Bunbury my friends live in is quite 'rough' (Carey Park). Bunbury most probably/certainly has nice suburbs to though, but Australind and Eaton are definetly some of those.

Good luck with the choices. Don't worry about making them now, see when you get here. Finding work is more important I think. There's houses a plenty, but not allways jobs!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.