Reload this Page >

Any info about Mandurah??

Any info about Mandurah??

Old Sep 8th 2009, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

suzeq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any info about Mandurah??

Hi everyone,

I am new to the site and im wanting some advise if possible.

We are in the application stage at the moment and my husband is a chef so is fine for the points etc.

We are interested in moving to Mandurah. We have both been to Oz prior to having kids and we both loved WA, Perth and Freo but we didnt go as far as mandurah.

My questions are:

Is it a nice area?
Does it have good schools?
What is the employment like?
Does it have restaurants and bars etc ?

We have also looked at Wannanup which has cheaper house prices and what looks like alot of new housing being built . Any info on this town would also be great.

We are in our early 30's and our boys are 8, 5 & 4.

Thank you
Suzy x
Old Sep 8th 2009, 1:23 pm
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all
Default Re: Any info about Mandurah??

Originally Posted by suzeq
Hi everyone,

We are in the application stage at the moment and my husband is a chef so is fine for the points etc.

We are interested in moving to Mandurah. We have both been to Oz prior to having kids and we both loved WA, Perth and Freo but we didnt go as far as mandurah.

My questions are:

Is it a nice area?

We have also looked at Wannanup which has cheaper house prices and what looks like alot of new housing being built . Any info on this town would also be great.

Thank you
Suzy x
Have a search about this, there was a topic about Mandurah just a few days ago.

I live there, and really like it. Primary education is good, but most send children to private secondaries as seemingly the secondary education is poor. My husband is a teach in Pinjarra, so can't comment on the employment. There are quite a few restaurants and bars.

Wannanup is nice, we are in Halls Head, which is just before Wannanup. As far as I'm aware Wannanup comes under the city of Mandurah, it is one of the suburbs . . . but could be wrong!
Old Sep 8th 2009, 2:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

My questions are:

Is it a nice area?

Thank you
Suzy x
Hi Suzy,

Visited Mandurah last year (my BIL is there), and it's certainly beautiful, but it reminded me of the place in The Truman Show movie, all a little superficial.

Nice enough, but no more.

Sorry.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 10:50 am
Just Joined

ellieh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Suzy
We moved to Mandurah 2 years ago and love it. We did stay in Port Bouvard Wannanup last year it was really nice but crowded for my liking and as you said there is a lot of building going on not great when you are trying to sleep in at the weekends. Im sorry i can't help with the schools. There is loads of restaurants and pubs here and bbq everywhere lol.

If you need any more info just ask
ellie
Old Sep 14th 2009, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

petereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to all

I'm a chef whose about to start work in Mandurah after working in Bunbury for six months.
I started looking for a job on Tuesday morning and had a job offer on Tuesday afternoon so you shouldn't have a problem finding something.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

Condor of Bermuda has a brilliant futureCondor of Bermuda has a brilliant futureCondor of Bermuda has a brilliant futureCondor of Bermuda has a brilliant futureCondor of Bermuda has a brilliant futureCondor of Bermuda has a brilliant future

Hi everyone,

My questions are:

Is it a nice area?

Thank you
Suzy x
Suzy,

these are currently advertised in Seek.com.au:

http://www.seek.com.au/jobsearch/ind...archfrom=quick

A good friend of mine owns Murphy's Irish Pub in Mandurah and has an ad in that link. Situation may be different when you get here, but it's an indication.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petereb
I'm a chef whose about to start work in Mandurah after working in Bunbury for six months.
I started looking for a job on Tuesday morning and had a job offer on Tuesday afternoon so you shouldn't have a problem finding something.

so the rumours true then?? another one escapes SGR - good luck
Old Sep 16th 2009, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

petereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by daunted
so the rumours true then?? another one escapes SGR - good luck

Thankyou, although don't believe all the rumours you hear, most of them aren't true.....
Old Sep 16th 2009, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

suzeq is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by petereb
Thankyou, although don't believe all the rumours you hear, most of them aren't true.....
thank you all for your info. Its very helpful.

What is SGR? And what are the rumours??

We are very much looking forward to our new life in Oz and south Perth.

Its all about research at the moment so all info given in great.

Kind Regards
Suzy x
Old Sep 17th 2009, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

Kind Regards
Suzy x
Sorry, private joke...
Old Sep 17th 2009, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Kind Regards
Suzy x
yeah sorry Suzy. Dont worry rumours are what makes the world go round and i dont listen to them - just teasing, heard you had a new job thats all