Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Indian Restaurants / take-aways in Caloundra??

Any Indian Restaurants / take-aways in Caloundra??

Old Feb 2nd 2007, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of
Smile Any Indian Restaurants / take-aways in Caloundra??

Hi Guys

We r from Mitcham Surrey. Now living in Caloundra...LOVE IT! Been out of the UK 4 a year...no regrets!

But we miss our Indian Restaurants / Curry Houses. We have only found one in Caloundra...any more????

The Spinkways
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

sarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Any Indian Restaurants / take-aways in Caloundra??

Sorry - can't help with Caloundra, but if you don't mind a drive along the Nicklin Way to Kawana there is a good one called The Curry Bowl. Its off Point Cartwright Drive (near Centrelink). Its the best one we've found here so far (after three years of searching!). There's another one thats meant to be good in Maroochydore called India Tonight. We had one from Hathi in Maroochydore and threw it all away but some people seem to like it.
Good Luck
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 6:00 am
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jacknscoob
Hi Guys

We r from Mitcham Surrey. Now living in Caloundra...LOVE IT! Been out of the UK 4 a year...no regrets!

But we miss our Indian Restaurants / Curry Houses. We have only found one in Caloundra...any more????

The Spinkways

I've heard the Curry Bowl is very good... it's owned by the same people that run the Hathi in Maroochydore apparently.. We had a meal in the Hathi and thought it was nice.. we went on the 'smorgaasbord' night.. but ate off the menu .. no problems!

Let us know what the Curry Bowl is like if you go there?

We're having a barbie tonight at our mates house in Coolum.. hope the rain holds off!

Sonic & Chopperboy
xx
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

sarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the rough

Hi Sonic
I know its the same family that own both restaurants, but you know what its like, you have a bad experience and you dont go back!
The chicken dishes we had were all fatty and horrible and the naan bread (which should be cooked in an oven) was deep fried and when you held it up the oil ran off it.
I know lots of people who've been there and loved it but I think I'll give it a miss.
Hubby's actually picking up a take away from the curry bowl right now - hope he's not long we're all starving!
Looks like the rains held off for your BBQ
Sarah
PS Glad you've settled in OK. OH and kids were back in Bransgore over xmas but I decided to stay here - five weeks of peace - BLISS
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahge
Hi Sonic
I know its the same family that own both restaurants, but you know what its like, you have a bad experience and you dont go back!
The chicken dishes we had were all fatty and horrible and the naan bread (which should be cooked in an oven) was deep fried and when you held it up the oil ran off it.
I know lots of people who've been there and loved it but I think I'll give it a miss.
Hubby's actually picking up a take away from the curry bowl right now - hope he's not long we're all starving!
Looks like the rains held off for your BBQ
Sarah
PS Glad you've settled in OK. OH and kids were back in Bransgore over xmas but I decided to stay here - five weeks of peace - BLISS
We had a takeaway Friday night from Rangoli's at Buderim and it was fab. There was lots of food and 1 portion was easily enough for 2 people.

As Sarah said, nan bread was a bit greasy but couldn't fault the food at all

Maybe all of these places are owned by the same people? (and you see very few indian people on the sunshine coast)
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 9:44 pm
sunshinesarah

sunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jacknscoob
Hi Guys

The Spinkways
Have heard The Curry Bowk is by far the best

Sunshine Sarah
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
We had a takeaway Friday night from Rangoli's at Buderim and it was fab. There was lots of food and 1 portion was easily enough for 2 people.

As Sarah said, nan bread was a bit greasy but couldn't fault the food at all

Maybe all of these places are owned by the same people? (and you see very few indian people on the sunshine coast)

Is this the one we went to by the post office?
I couldn't remember the name of it, but yes that was nice - nicer than the take away we had from the curry bowl last night!
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahge
Is this the one we went to by the post office?
I couldn't remember the name of it, but yes that was nice - nicer than the take away we had from the curry bowl last night!
Yep, that's the one
We bought 3 meals, there was so much we actually froze one for another day.
nan bread wasn't too bad as the grease had probably run out by the time we got it home.