Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any ideas what large WA towns are worth considering other than Perth?

Any ideas what large WA towns are worth considering other than Perth?

Old Apr 25th 2005, 3:56 pm
Off to Perth in early Oct

youcanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the rough
Default Any ideas what large WA towns are worth considering other than Perth?

I have decided on Western Australia, and obviously Perth has been my immediate choice, but I think it would make sense to consider any other town with a population of over, say 8000.

I am particularly interested in towns South of Perth, as I prefer to avoid any climate that is too muggy or hot (Perth is fine).

Does anyone know what other towns are worth considering for a family moving over?
Old Apr 25th 2005, 4:00 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any ideas what large WA towns are worth considering other than Perth?

We've got our eye on Bunbury, it's about 2 hours south of Perth.

Some info here:

http://www.bunburyonline.com/
Old Apr 25th 2005, 4:07 pm

youcanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Any ideas what large WA towns are worth considering other than Perth?

Originally Posted by bridiej
We've got our eye on Bunbury, it's about 2 hours south of Perth.

Some info here:

http://www.bunburyonline.com/
Thanks bridieJ. Glad I'm not the only one thinking of places in WA other than Perth.

It depends also, I guess, on family life and job prospects. I'll check out the site.

Thanks
Old Apr 25th 2005, 4:11 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

We really fancy living in Bunbury, but where we end up will depend on Malc's work.

The other place we like the look of is Mandurah, but until we get there and get sorted who knows.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 4:20 pm

Have you found any realestate sites online that cover Bunbury?

I would like to consider all places south of Perth, if anything just to discount them. I'd sure like a good idea of which town before I arrive there in October.

I'm considering changing careers anyway, so maybe this would be the ideal circumstance.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 4:43 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Mandurah, Bunbury, Rockingham, Margaret River, Albany.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

jackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nice

We want to go near Bunbury,we have friends that have just moved nearby Dalyellup,and just love it!!!
My sister lives in mandurah and raves about it,but house prices have shot up there..
Australind is where we have our eye on at the moment,well this week anyway..it all just looks so nice,but i think my friend is getting fed up going and taken photo's for me now so were have to just decide when we get there(o6)Jackie..
Old Apr 25th 2005, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

jackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nice

Originally Posted by youcanlaugh
Have you found any realestate sites online that cover Bunbury?

I would like to consider all places south of Perth, if anything just to discount them. I'd sure like a good idea of which town before I arrive there in October.

I'm considering changing careers anyway, so maybe this would be the ideal circumstance.
www.realestate.com.au
Jackie.