Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any ideas and thoughts appreciated....

Any ideas and thoughts appreciated....

Old Aug 17th 2004, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any ideas and thoughts appreciated....

How to solve....insomnia due to impending move .....and.......a mother who seems to be loving piling on the guilt......and.....boredom as theres nothing else i can plan/do/organise.......and an ever increasing alcohol problem.......

any ideas?

apart from hiding ourselves away for the next 2 wks and avoiding all family members, we can't see any other way.

Gosh, i wish i was an ostrich.........
Old Aug 17th 2004, 8:48 pm
b.uk

b.uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any ideas and thoughts appreciated....

[QUOTE=steandleigh]How to solve....insomnia due to impending move .....and.......a mother who seems to be loving piling on the guilt......and.....boredom as theres nothing else i can plan/do/organise.......and an ever increasing alcohol problem.......

any ideas?
A last holiday in some remote part of the UK?....under the bed....in the shed?
Stick with red wine.....after all, it is good for you!!!!!
Good luck with the move.
Old Aug 17th 2004, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

Originally Posted by steandleigh
How to solve....insomnia due to impending move .....and.......a mother who seems to be loving piling on the guilt......and.....boredom as theres nothing else i can plan/do/organise.......and an ever increasing alcohol problem.......

any ideas?

apart from hiding ourselves away for the next 2 wks and avoiding all family members, we can't see any other way.

Well you have 7 days until your birthday - you could spend some time planning your last UK party - and if your ever increasing alcohol problem is because of a diminishing supply you could put that right if its the other way round then dont worry once you get to Oz you will be too busy to drink as much

I wish we were down to 2 weeks - good luck
Old Aug 17th 2004, 8:55 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Stan,

Maybe the harder it is now, the sweeter the move when it comes
Think you just gotta stick with it for these last few days.
Remembering these crappy days will help the other end.

It'll come around quick enough and by that time perhaps you will be that tired you miss the flight

Someone in the Lounge bought me a new outfit today so maybe that'll put a smile on your face..........
Attached Thumbnails Any ideas and thoughts appreciated....-bixey.jpg  

Last edited by Bix; Aug 17th 2004 at 9:03 pm.
Old Aug 17th 2004, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=b.uk]

any ideas?
A last holiday in some remote part of the UK?....under the bed....in the shed?
Stick with red wine.....after all, it is good for you!!!!!
Good luck with the move.
thanks for the luck b.uk,

have seriously considered going down to london next week, before we go, do the sights, avoid the family, that kind of thing....

Am bored pooless and mother figure is making things especially difficult at the mo...i'm quite happy to stop and do the goodbyes type thing, but can't stand the idea of the chilkdren seeing their grandmother clinging onto my leg, telling me how selfish we are to be taking the grandchildren away.......

anyway....where was I?....oh yeah.....Mmm vino collapso.......
Old Aug 17th 2004, 8:56 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

any ideas?

Come on Leigh
Hang on in there.

You've got this far after all.

This is 'just' another part of the process :scared:

Best wishes

G
Old Aug 17th 2004, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Paylia
Well you have 7 days until your birthday - you could spend some time planning your last UK party - and if your ever increasing alcohol problem is because of a diminishing supply you could put that right if its the other way round then dont worry once you get to Oz you will be too busy to drink as much
I wish we were down to 2 weeks - good luck

You sweetie, was wondering " how do they know its y b.day soon?"..then the lightbulb switched on!!!

Alcohol supply is plentiful, m-i-l has just come back from france ( her sis lives there ) with a trailer load of cheap french fizzy - HURRAH!!!!

The weeks pass by SOooooo quickly really, its just these last couple when the "feelings" kick in that are the bugger.

Cheers, Leigh. x
Old Aug 17th 2004, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bix
Stan,

Maybe the harder it is now, the sweeter the move when it comes
Think you just gotta stick with it for these last few days.
Remembering these crappy days will help the other end.

It'll come around quick enough and by that time perhaps you will be that tired you miss the flight

Someone in the Lounge bought me a new outfit today so maybe that'll put a smile on your face..........
The way things are going, we'll be the first people to ever be at Heathrow a week early for their flights, just to avoid the "mother"!!!!

P.s, love the outfit.......if you think for one minute that you and da Boss are sharing my Z bed with THAT little ensemble, you can think again!!!

Thankyou Bix, you're a good 'un. x
Old Aug 17th 2004, 9:06 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Bring the flights forward?
Old Aug 17th 2004, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Grayling
Come on Leigh
Hang on in there.

You've got this far after all.

This is 'just' another part of the process :scared:

Best wishes

G
Thanks Cahal,

you've been 'with' me almost the whole length of this process and, as always, have a sensible and comforting word or two to share.

I know its just another thing to have to get over and I know that altough my mum isn't one for feelings and orating her emotions, she's feeling it badly now, especially the closer it gets.

What I find difficult to get around my head is that she has no appreciation of how difficult it is/ could be for us when we get there and just how much we will have to pull on our own mental and physical resources to make it work.

It seems to be just about 'her'.

best wishes, leigh. x
Old Aug 18th 2004, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

sandra oldfield is on a distinguished road

Hi ya Leigh,

I can easily relate to all you are going through as it is the same here.

My kids are in limbo. We are in short term furnished (if you can call it that) accomadation and they are so bored. Just wish the next 10 days would fly by!

Love

S
Old Aug 18th 2004, 11:48 am
making your move easier

melbournehelp is an unknown quantity at this point

Moving your whole life across the world is extremely stressful.
Please remember thet Melbournehelp is a service tailored directly to help you achieve your short term goals .
Yes I am in business, the last few families got it for free but must now make ends meet .
If you just need to meet up for advice or have an organised day tour tailored to reaching your short term (6-12 months)goals, please let me know .
things need not be as stressful on this side as many people have allowed it to be.
Thanks to IanJ for your kind words..

Steve Bowes
Old Aug 18th 2004, 12:23 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

lists! dont forget lists. when things seem to be spiraling out of control it usually helps to get those lists started. brings back some control. lists of everything, what your packing, what to do first when leaving also when arriving. what you want to accomplish to star getting your new life together. it will all eventually smooth out. good luck!
Old Aug 18th 2004, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

jwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura about

Well for a start you can come around and help me because we leave in 10 weeks and I do not no where to start :scared:

And there are six of us to sort everything out for !

When do you decide to start clearing out ? I keep picking things up that I do not intend to take with us and then put it back again 'Just In Case I need it in the next ten weeks'

Jacquie
Old Aug 18th 2004, 8:50 pm
b.uk

b.uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by callë
lists! dont forget lists. when things seem to be spiraling out of control it usually helps to get those lists started. brings back some control. lists of everything, what your packing, what to do first when leaving also when arriving. what you want to accomplish to star getting your new life together. it will all eventually smooth out. good luck!

Oh yes....lists are wonderful things.....you make a list and put it somewhere safe...can't find it?.....never mind, make another list but add to that list "must find first list"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.