Any Ideas

Old May 24th 2004, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

jodesmc will become famous soon enoughjodesmc will become famous soon enough
Default Any Ideas

My boyfriend and I are gathering our bits for a defacto visa. We're getting a bit stuck, as he had established all the bills in his name before I moved over, and the mortgage was in his name as well, Initially I just gave him cash to cover bills and then started transferring money through my bank since last september. We don;t have any other evidence of financial commitment, as we just pay shoping or whatever in turns, and are starting to get stuck on any things we can provide to prove that we are financially commited. Any Ideas??
Old May 24th 2004, 11:30 am
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any Ideas

Originally posted by jodesmc
My boyfriend and I are gathering our bits for a defacto visa. We're getting a bit stuck, as he had established all the bills in his name before I moved over, and the mortgage was in his name as well, Initially I just gave him cash to cover bills and then started transferring money through my bank since last september. We don;t have any other evidence of financial commitment, as we just pay shoping or whatever in turns, and are starting to get stuck on any things we can provide to prove that we are financially commited. Any Ideas??
What do you mean a defacto visa? Do you mean a normal skilled independent visa and applying as a couple in a defacto relationship?
Old May 24th 2004, 11:32 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Try this thread:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...pective+spouse

also, do a search for de facto, you'll find heaps. Also on the other forum, Immigration Oz+NZ.
Old May 24th 2004, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry, I'm not really good at the technical jargon, it's a spouse visa, in the defacto category. Thanks for the links, will g and have a look and see what I can come up with.
Old May 24th 2004, 3:29 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

would suggest you add in to your evidence package a copy of your bank statements for the last year or so showing that you have given your partner half the costs of the bills etc....

Plus get him to make a stat dec about the splitting of shopping costs (and any other living costs that you split) If you have a few months before you make the application it would be worth getting a joint account and mentioning it in the stat dec as well (something along the lines of "we have now set up a joint account for easier payment of bills" blah blah blah)

Regards
m
Old May 24th 2004, 3:53 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

I was in a similar predicament.
I supplied dated photos of us together as well as old postcards, christmas cards and letters addressed to the two of us.
May be of use.

Andrew
Old May 24th 2004, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

thanks guys, you're all so helpful, this site is a godsend.
Old May 24th 2004, 10:24 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by Mairi&Chris
would suggest you add in to your evidence package a copy of your bank statements for the last year or so showing that you have given your partner half the costs of the bills etc....

Plus get him to make a stat dec about the splitting of shopping costs (and any other living costs that you split) If you have a few months before you make the application it would be worth getting a joint account and mentioning it in the stat dec as well (something along the lines of "we have now set up a joint account for easier payment of bills" blah blah blah)

Regards
m

Its like we have exactly the same evidence.... I moved in with my partner into his house (his name on mortgage) and his name on all the bills. Initially I gave him cash then I started transfering money into his account. We used to take it in turns to pay the bills.

The DIMIA have actually asked me for more info on proving my r'ship. If you want a list of what I sent in PM and I'll send you it. In the meantime I'll attach my second covering letter explaining some of the gaps in our application, that may give you some ideas.

Last edited by mlbonner; May 24th 2004 at 10:26 pm.
Old May 24th 2004, 10:30 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by mlbonner
oppps - here it is!

So things such as the fact Shane owned all the furniture, we were able to prove with receipts from a date previous to my arrival in Australia. Took some 'thinking out of the box' but we came up with about 50 more pages of info to send
Old May 24th 2004, 10:35 pm
WBB

oppps - here it is!
i would consider removing your name address and telephone number from that document.

Old May 24th 2004, 10:38 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally posted by WBB
i would consider removing your name address and telephone number from that document.

Thanks, I thought I'd had - must have attached the wrong copy... here it is again
Attached Files
File Type: doc
second covering.doc (26.0 KB, 108 views)
Old May 24th 2004, 10:43 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Thanks, I thought I'd had - must have attached the wrong copy... here it is again
Hi,
It still has your address on it if you want to remove it

kal
Old May 24th 2004, 10:45 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally posted by kala
Hi,
It still has your address on it if you want to remove it

kal

Does it?? Dont know whats happening here!
Old May 24th 2004, 10:47 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Does it?? Dont know whats happening here!
its the address in Brisbane, in the 1st or 2nd paragraph not in the header

Kal
Old May 24th 2004, 10:48 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally posted by kala
its the address in Brisbane, in the 1st or 2nd paragraph not in the header

Kal
Ah-ha... gotcha. Cheers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.