Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any house selling tips?

Any house selling tips?

Old Jul 4th 2005, 3:00 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any house selling tips?

House going on market in three weeks, redecorated inside and out, new bathroom and rewired and will be priced sensibly. Already decluttered...

Just wondered if anyone has got any other tips that they'd like to pass on to help us achieve quick sale?

Thanks!
Old Jul 4th 2005, 3:02 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any house selling tips?

Originally Posted by bridiej
House going on market in three weeks, redecorated inside and out, new bathroom and rewired and will be priced sensibly. Already decluttered...

Just wondered if anyone has got any other tips that they'd like to pass on to help us achieve quick sale?

Thanks!
Didn't you start a thread on this recently Bridie? If not you there have certainly been a few others. Try a search
Old Jul 4th 2005, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by worzel
Didn't you start a thread on this recently Bridie? If not you there have certainly been a few others. Try a search
No not me, OK, will have a search...
Old Jul 4th 2005, 3:03 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!

Pray ?
Old Jul 4th 2005, 3:07 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

No not me, OK, will have a search...
Here's one or two:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288973
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279884
Old Jul 4th 2005, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by Bix
Pray ?
LOL!

Found one thread going back to January which says avoid too many scented candles!

Anyone else?
Old Jul 4th 2005, 3:08 pm

You're a star, didnt come up in my search, maybe I was too specific.!

k on its way
Old Jul 4th 2005, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Our house sold after we had bought new bedroom furniture for our spare room. We had it as a kind of makeshift office. It was only a two bedroomed house and I feel it was important for people to see it as a proper bedroom. We bought a cheap bed, bedside table, chest of drawers and corner computer desk from Argos. We also got new bedding. It looked very nice for not too much money. I reckoned that is what really helped us get a sale.

HTH
Katie
Old Jul 4th 2005, 3:13 pm
Home at last

michellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to all

Thanks!
I'll be reading this thread with great interest - we've had one viewer in four weeks and I have friends around the country who are on the market with similar lack of viewings....Agent says it's "the market" and not the price so who knows? But no viewers = no buyers....so it's all a bit depressing.....

Michelle
Old Jul 4th 2005, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by KatieStar
Our house sold after we had bought new bedroom furniture for our spare room. We had it as a kind of makeshift office. It was only a two bedroomed house and I feel it was important for people to see it as a proper bedroom. We bought a cheap bed, bedside table, chest of drawers and corner computer desk from Argos. We also got new bedding. It looked very nice for not too much money. I reckoned that is what really helped us get a sale.

HTH
Katie
That's interesting as our spare room has my office space at one end and a sofa bed at the other. I asked the agents about this and they all said that it was clearly a double bedroom so no need to do this.... guess will wait and see what feedback we get on that one.
Old Jul 4th 2005, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by michellemac
I'll be reading this thread with great interest - we've had one viewer in four weeks and I have friends around the country who are on the market with similar lack of viewings....Agent says it's "the market" and not the price so who knows? But no viewers = no buyers....so it's all a bit depressing.....

Michelle
I'd say they are right saying that as the agent we had round last that we're using has got two other properties on the market up our road (they are secondary agents and didnt value the properties) and they are getting viewings at these properties but they are just too expensive and the vendors wont accept offers.
Old Jul 4th 2005, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

That's interesting as our spare room has my office space at one end and a sofa bed at the other. I asked the agents about this and they all said that it was clearly a double bedroom so no need to do this.... guess will wait and see what feedback we get on that one.
I know our room looked much bigger with the single bed in it. It may be obvious to your agent that it is a good sized double room, but they have trained eyes. Definately worth getting feedback on.

Katie
Old Jul 4th 2005, 3:26 pm

I know our room looked much bigger with the single bed in it. It may be obvious to your agent that it is a good sized double room, but they have trained eyes. Definately worth getting feedback on.

Katie
Thanks Katie, I sure will
Old Jul 4th 2005, 3:28 pm
A former regular of BE

Katie
When we bought this house the woman we bought from turned the 4th bedroom back from a study to a bedroom as that is what her agent advised her to do. We saw it and decided we could convert it to a perfect study. So it works both ways. In fact ,we left it as a study and sold it to someone who is going to use it as a bedroom. Sods Law I suppose.
Old Jul 4th 2005, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

AnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Any house selling tips?

Thanks Katie, I sure will
fresh coffee and home made bread makes the house smell good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.