Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Herts meets going on

Any Herts meets going on

Old Feb 25th 2008, 7:09 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Any Herts meets going on

Hi all - have had a look through and can't find any meet ups in Herts. Does anybody know of one or perhaps I could try and set one up.

We have had visa since June 2007 and want to move later this year once house has sold, hoping to go to Gold/Sunshine Coast. Don't have small children, ours are 24, 23 and 17.

Nicky x
Old Feb 26th 2008, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any Herts meets going on

Hiya

We have arranged a few Herts meets in the past, the first one 2 years ago
and the last one about 6 months ago. First 2 had 50 plus and at the last one there were 12 of us. The place we chose was the Moor Mill in Radlett, pub, food hotel etc. Had a good laugh every time and made some good friends in that time, although all but us are now in oz. We have had the visa since June 06 and validated in Jan last year, been waiting for house to sell and have just had an offer so fingers crossed.

If you want to arrange one we would come along but we are going to Perth.

Will keep an eye on thread and bump to top for you.

Count us in, we are in Chiswell Green by the way near St Albans

Seeya

Mick

Regards

Mick
Old Feb 26th 2008, 2:41 pm

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mickagnew
Hiya

We have arranged a few Herts meets in the past, the first one 2 years ago
and the last one about 6 months ago. First 2 had 50 plus and at the last one there were 12 of us. The place we chose was the Moor Mill in Radlett, pub, food hotel etc. Had a good laugh every time and made some good friends in that time, although all but us are now in oz. We have had the visa since June 06 and validated in Jan last year, been waiting for house to sell and have just had an offer so fingers crossed.

If you want to arrange one we would come along but we are going to Perth.

Will keep an eye on thread and bump to top for you.

Count us in, we are in Chiswell Green by the way near St Albans

Seeya

Mick

Regards

Mick
Hi Mick
Fingers crossed that house sale goes through OK. Will see if we get any more response and then I will try and organise something. We are in Hoddesdon.
Nicky x
Old Feb 28th 2008, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

J_IMHOFF is just really niceJ_IMHOFF is just really niceJ_IMHOFF is just really niceJ_IMHOFF is just really niceJ_IMHOFF is just really niceJ_IMHOFF is just really niceJ_IMHOFF is just really niceJ_IMHOFF is just really nice

Originally Posted by nickywes
Hi all - have had a look through and can't find any meet ups in Herts. Does anybody know of one or perhaps I could try and set one up.

We have had visa since June 2007 and want to move later this year once house has sold, hoping to go to Gold/Sunshine Coast. Don't have small children, ours are 24, 23 and 17.

Nicky x
Hi Nicky

We are in Middlesex but would be interested in a meet up - we are moving out hopefully August this year to the sunshine coast, my OH is a plumber and the boys are 16 and 18

Julie x
Old Feb 29th 2008, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

In MK but happy to drive down. Also got visa June 07. Validating in March/April and aiming for Melbourne or Adelaide around September.

Adi
Old Mar 1st 2008, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
In MK but happy to drive down. Also got visa June 07. Validating in March/April and aiming for Melbourne or Adelaide around September.

Adi
Hi Adi and Julie
Will look into where and when etc. and try to drum up some more interest.

Nicky xx
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

hawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nice

I'm in North Herts, so a Herts meet or Cambs meet for me is ideal.

Let me know once there's some interest and I'll try my best to be there.

Cheers,

Rick
Old Mar 14th 2008, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere

Adi
Hi Adi,

We're in Newport Pagnell so not far from you guys. Where abouts are you in MK?

We're planning (along with Rick - aka - Hawkwind) a meet near Wyboston way on Saturday 26th April.

We're also aiming for Melbourne around September time.

Speak soon.

Colin & Toni
Old Mar 15th 2008, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Oz Rascal
Hi Adi,

We're in Newport Pagnell so not far from you guys. Where abouts are you in MK?

We're planning (along with Rick - aka - Hawkwind) a meet near Wyboston way on Saturday 26th April.

We're also aiming for Melbourne around September time.

Speak soon.

Colin & Toni
Hi Colin and Toni

I'm keeping an eye on the Wyboston one too. We arrive back from Oz on 20th so timing is just right for us! (Assuming I get back on the plane of course!!!)

Looking forward to meeting you and roll on September!!!

Adi
Old Mar 17th 2008, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice

Hi Adi,

Sorry, I knew I'd seen your avatar before, just didn't know where ;-)

Hope you can make the meet on the 26th, but understand your reluctance to get back on the plane LOL.

Colin
Old Mar 18th 2008, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

natalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nice
Smile Re: Any Herts meets going on

As mentioned above - all are invited to the Cambridgeshire meet up on Sat 26th April, the more the merrier. It's kid friendly and VERY easy to get to as just off the A1. Check out the thread asap if you're interested and let me know numbers in your family attending (and if need high chairs) so as I can book us in as there has already been quite a few takers.

Hope you can all make it

Natalie
Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

cnpizzo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mick
Fingers crossed that house sale goes through OK. Will see if we get any more response and then I will try and organise something. We are in Hoddesdon.
Nicky x
Hi we are also planning on moving to perth probably not until 2009, but would love to meet up somewhere in herts for a chat, we are also in hoddesdon.

Clair
Old Mar 29th 2008, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by cnpizzo
Hi we are also planning on moving to perth probably not until 2009, but would love to meet up somewhere in herts for a chat, we are also in hoddesdon.

Clair
Hi Clair
Where in Hoddesdon are you? We could meet up sometime. Am going to try and go to one of the other meets as most people seem to be from further afield. Essex or Cambridgeshire would be OK.

Nicky xx
Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Clair
Where in Hoddesdon are you? We could meet up sometime. Am going to try and go to one of the other meets as most people seem to be from further afield. Essex or Cambridgeshire would be OK.

Nicky xx
Hi Nicky,

I'm on the 100 acre estate off of the Ware Rd, do you know it?

I would be happy to meet up.

Clair
Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Clair

Nicky xx
Oh yes and I'm going to a meet up in St Neots at the Brewsters restaurant at 1.30pm on Sat 26th April which is being organised by Natalie.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.