Reload this Page >

Any good shipping advice?

Any good shipping advice?

Old Nov 2nd 2010, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

robhardy007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any good shipping advice?

Hi folks

My Girlfriend and I are heading over to Melbourne in January and I have been given the job of sorting the shipping of all our stuff over there.

I've been looking at a few companies and none of them will just give me a "per box quote". I have to put in all my details and wait for them to get back to me. Does anyone know of a decent carrier that will do door to door or door to port?

Also has anyone got experience of customs tax and port fees? would be good to get and idea of how much that is going to set us back.

Cheers Rob
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 2:44 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any good shipping advice?

There are several companies that get mentioned on here and it's interesting to note that there seem to be as many complaints as there are compliments for each company. Almost seems to be a luck of the draw thing.

All that said, I used Anglo Pacific from Essex to Victoria. They packed in the UK and unpacked in Victoria. Ryans of Warnambool dealt with this end. I suffered no damage and both packers were good and friendly. I used a shared container and it took about seven weeks to arrive.

http://www.anglopacific.co.uk/

Cant remember customs costs now but I think about $300.00.

A.