Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any good maps of the Gold Coast, or any good sites?

Any good maps of the Gold Coast, or any good sites?

Old Jan 31st 2008, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

ozzydreamer will become famous soon enoughozzydreamer will become famous soon enough
Default Any good maps of the Gold Coast, or any good sites?

I have been looking at prices of property's around the Gold Coast, and they seem to be in our price range, was looking to spend $380,000, and most were coming in way under that with shared pool and within 20 mins to beach (Surfers Paradise). They are not mantions - but we are realistic - our house here is about £200k and its a 2 bed semi - with awful neighbours, So anyhting is an improvement!

But when I was looking on real estate, they all seemed to say 'within 10 mins of Surfers Paradise' etc. I dont know much about the Gold Coast - but is there more to it than just Surfers Paradise? I could do with a map or something if anyone can help?
Old Jan 31st 2008, 12:33 pm
sub
Forum Regular

sub will become famous soon enoughsub will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any good maps of the Gold Coast, or any good sites?

Originally Posted by ozzydreamer
I have been looking at prices of property's around the Gold Coast, and they seem to be in our price range, was looking to spend $380,000, and most were coming in way under that with shared pool and within 20 mins to beach (Surfers Paradise). They are not mantions - but we are realistic - our house here is about £200k and its a 2 bed semi - with awful neighbours, So anyhting is an improvement!

But when I was looking on real estate, they all seemed to say 'within 10 mins of Surfers Paradise' etc. I dont know much about the Gold Coast - but is there more to it than just Surfers Paradise? I could do with a map or something if anyone can help?
www.hemamaps.com
maps that cover all Aus and NZ
Susan
Old Jan 31st 2008, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

ozzydreamer will become famous soon enoughozzydreamer will become famous soon enough

Thanks Susan, Ive also just come accross this incase anyone else needs one too.
http://www.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/t_standard.aspx?pid=615
Old Jan 31st 2008, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

joe38 will become famous soon enoughjoe38 will become famous soon enough

i was staying in currumbin which is very nice near the beach you will find that the gold coast has become a bit pricey we rented a place there its also very hard to find decent rental accomadation ,you need to look around
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

kurrikurri is on a distinguished road

Hi, friends of ours moved from Mackay in australia down to Robina, very near to surfers. We have been there. It is lovely, just a short drive down into surfers. They moved to Robina because of the schools and universities there. They did their homework before relocating within Oz. I dont have any info on maps or anything, but that is maybe an area you can look at.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Havent come accross Robina yet, will bear it in mind. I was slightly put off because of the 'tacky' reputation I have heard on here about Surfer's Paradise - but then I like cosmopolotan and the tourist areas will make it feel like a holiday
Old Jan 31st 2008, 5:55 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

much much more
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...3858&z=11&om=0
Old Jan 31st 2008, 6:54 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve`o
Also recommend Google Maps - you'd be hard pushed to find better on the web!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 7:04 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Also recommend Google Maps - you'd be hard pushed to find better on the web!
google is your friend
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

best of both worlds - Broadbeach - cafes, restaraunts shops and out of the Surfers Paradise circus.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 4:41 am
Worongary

Originally Posted by doub
best of both worlds - Broadbeach - cafes, restaraunts shops and out of the Surfers Paradise circus.
circus
where?
do they have elephants
Old Feb 1st 2008, 5:06 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Another worth a butchers,

http://www.whereis.com/whereis/home.do

I was slightly put off because of the 'tacky' reputation I have heard on here about Surfer's Paradise - but then I like cosmopolotan and the tourist areas will make it feel like a holiday
Tacky, yeah always puzzles me that one. NOT that I go there much (4 or 5 times in 2 years) but if you DO want a bit of glitz then it's the glitz of the Goldie at Surfers Paradise. Plenty of restaurants, clubs, pubs and all the rest.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't wanna live there, but I won't slag it off just cos it's a bit 'tacky'. Hasn't EVERYWHERE got it's equivalent!
Old Feb 1st 2008, 5:09 am
Worongary

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Another worth a butchers,

http://www.whereis.com/whereis/home.do

Tacky, yeah always puzzles me that one. NOT that I go there much (4 or 5 times in 2 years) but if you DO want a bit of glitz then it's the glitz of the Goldie at Surfers Paradise. Plenty of restaurants, clubs, pubs and all the rest.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't wanna live there, but I won't slag it off just cos it's a bit 'tacky'. Hasn't EVERYWHERE got it's equivalent!
lancashire has blackpool how tacky do you want it ??
doe lancashire suffer because of it ??
i dont think so
Old Feb 1st 2008, 8:29 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve`o
lancashire has blackpool how tacky do you want it ??
doe lancashire suffer because of it ??
i dont think so
Exactly! ... oh and that has the Empress Ballroom too, seen a few good gigs there ... Not forgetting the 'Pleasure beach' (think that's what it's called).

London has the West End etc etc etc

Last edited by PaulandNic; Feb 1st 2008 at 8:44 am.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:52 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

hiya

try this link lets you find places and gives you directions from one place to another

http://www.multimap.com.au/

jan xx