Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any good dog kennels in/near Brisbane?

Any good dog kennels in/near Brisbane?

Old Jan 30th 2012, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud of
Default Any good dog kennels in/near Brisbane?

Just planning in advance for a trip back to the UK early next year and it will make for a happier trip if I know our two dogs are in a good place and being treated well. They are two Staffy's.
I am hoping some of you might have some recommendations so I can start looking now. I have heard some awful stories of dogs being drugged to keep them quiet.
I would love to get a place sorted early so we can put them in for a couple of short visits so they can get used to it (and for us to know the place is okay), as they'll be in there for about 5 weeks when we go to the UK. I hate leaving them.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 1:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any good dog kennels in/near Brisbane?

Hi Brisbane Bound. My kids have a pet sitting business, you can find them on face book under "The Pet Lounge". We only take one or two dogs from the same family at one time. They started just over a year ago and we had mainly friends and family dogs for the first couple of months, but since September we have been pretty solidly booked. It's a family home with a fully fenced back yard, we have floor boards throughout the whole house so if they are dogs that are used to being inside in the air-conditioning and sleeping, they are in with us. My husband and I work from home so there is always someone with the pets we look after. We are in Coorparoo, about 6km from the city.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 3:09 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Kim67's deal sounds awesome! But if you need another suggestion I can recommend http://www.peregianpetresort.com.au/.

A bit further away but I can totally recommend this place - my mate's 2 big dogs went there for 3 weeks, had a lovely time by all accounts and now wag their tails and try to drag us in there when we walk nearby.

They get walked twice a day plus play time in an open area as well as swimming!

Sorry I can't suggest anywhere closer.
Old Feb 13th 2012, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

spadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nice

Hi we use Manungra Dog Kennels on the Bayside they are great, friendly and I always feel comfortable leaving my dog their as he always comes back home happy !!!!
Old Feb 14th 2012, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by goldchoccycoin
Kim67's deal sounds awesome! But if you need another suggestion I can recommend http://www.peregianpetresort.com.au/.

A bit further away but I can totally recommend this place - my mate's 2 big dogs went there for 3 weeks, had a lovely time by all accounts and now wag their tails and try to drag us in there when we walk nearby.

They get walked twice a day plus play time in an open area as well as swimming!

Sorry I can't suggest anywhere closer.
Looks good....thanks for that.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kim67
Hi Brisbane Bound. My kids have a pet sitting business, you can find them on face book under "The Pet Lounge". We only take one or two dogs from the same family at one time. They started just over a year ago and we had mainly friends and family dogs for the first couple of months, but since September we have been pretty solidly booked. It's a family home with a fully fenced back yard, we have floor boards throughout the whole house so if they are dogs that are used to being inside in the air-conditioning and sleeping, they are in with us. My husband and I work from home so there is always someone with the pets we look after. We are in Coorparoo, about 6km from the city.
Sounds excellent. Sometime later in the year I will be in touch. We would need to come over and let you meet the dogs. Two Staffys together are a handful!! They are the two loveliest dogs but they are very vocal when they play together and if you're not used to Staffy's they can sound a bit scary. They're not barkers but again, when they play, the boy barks when he can't get his own way.....the girl is the boss! They are brother and sister, so training has been a challenge. They are great with us but loose the plot with excitement when they meet someone else.
I guess, what I am saying, is that I would understand if you wanted to change your mind. If you are familiar with Staffy's, then you will be fine because by all accounts, they are all the same. They just want as much love and attention that they can get.
Do you have a dog there already?
Old Feb 15th 2012, 2:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisbane bound
Sounds excellent. Sometime later in the year I will be in touch. We would need to come over and let you meet the dogs. Two Staffys together are a handful!! They are the two loveliest dogs but they are very vocal when they play together and if you're not used to Staffy's they can sound a bit scary. They're not barkers but again, when they play, the boy barks when he can't get his own way.....the girl is the boss! They are brother and sister, so training has been a challenge. They are great with us but loose the plot with excitement when they meet someone else.
I guess, what I am saying, is that I would understand if you wanted to change your mind. If you are familiar with Staffy's, then you will be fine because by all accounts, they are all the same. They just want as much love and attention that they can get.
Do you have a dog there already?
No problem - just give us a call and we can arrange to meet them.

We don't have any pets now and that's the reason for the pet sitting. Before we had kids and when the kids were small we had two kelpie X dogs. One died four years ago when we were relocating from Brisbane to Perth, he was 14 and had developed a condition called Laryngeal Paralysis. He had had a bad turn at home while waiting for surgery and had aspirated his own vomit and unfortunately didn't recover. We still had his mother and we took her to Perth with us - my husband drove her over and the kids and I flew as we didn't think she would make the flight. Eight months later we went to Dubai and we left her in the care of family friends, she passed away five months later at the age of 17. In Dubai we had a number of cats, we took in a stray kitten (they're everywhere) and she quickly bred like a rabbit. We managed to rehouse her and the kittens before our return to Australia. When we arrived back in Brisbane the kids asked for another dog but decided on pet sitting instead.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 6:58 am
Just Joined

KSyd is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you considered getting a house sitter? Could save you loads of money and your dogs would be well looked after (SNIP)

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Feb 17th 2012 at 8:44 am. Reason: Url removed