Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Gold Coast families fancy a meet up.

Any Gold Coast families fancy a meet up.

Old Feb 12th 2008, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

thebaggos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Gold Coast families fancy a meet up.

Realy nice to meet everyone - lovely bunch of people and look forward to seeing you all again!! Nat
Old Feb 12th 2008, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Here Here Nat!!!

I got mozzied to death though!!!
Old Feb 12th 2008, 7:31 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

any photos?
Old Feb 12th 2008, 9:53 am
Just Joined

smythes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cyrused
Hi there
Just moved to Upper Coomera and wondered if any families fancied meeting up, we have two boys, I am 29 and my hubby is 37, just want to meet some new friends basically, let me know.
Sally
hi there,

my husband and me are moving to port maquarie or may be north of them in august this year from uk. Obviously we will be looking for new friends. Are you from the UK, can you suggest any good places to live up there?
Clare
Old Feb 13th 2008, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

The Randalls will become famous soon enough

aaah - I'm so envious of you guys who are already there!

Blimey, I hope our visa comes through quick - I wanna be a pommie girl!

Stayed with my husbands friends in Pac Pines last August (07) and had a fab time - hubby's friends Dominic and Debbie Ryan, and I believe Deb might have been out with the girls!
Can't wait to join in!!!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 6:34 am
Just Joined

What kind of visa are you guys going for? We have a permanent residence visa granted. I'm glad I found this website it is great. Whereabouts do you guys think you will move to?
Clare
Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

Hi Clare

Ours is a 175 (I think!) - although I keep getting confused between 175 and 176! Hubby is the main applicant ya see...

We are hoping initially to be in the Pac Pines area of Qld/Gold Coast, mainly due to my sons schooling requirements, then I'd like then to be a bit more rural with some acreage
How about you?
Old Feb 14th 2008, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for getting back to me. It's so nice to get in contact with some one else making the move. We are going out for 2 weeks at Easter and then hoping to move over in Aug. Where are you in the Uk? When are you thinking of moving out? My sister in law lives in Sydney's northern suburbs but my husband is a carpenter and there is more work up north and houses are more affordable. We quite liked the Port Maquarie area last time were in oz for our honeymoon 3 years ago, but were going to drive up that way and do some searching. Big move though, kind of hoping we'll find a job ok and find a nice place to live. It's great to make contact.

Clare
Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by smythes
Thanks for getting back to me. It's so nice to get in contact with some one else making the move. We are going out for 2 weeks at Easter and then hoping to move over in Aug. Where are you in the Uk? When are you thinking of moving out? My sister in law lives in Sydney's northern suburbs but my husband is a carpenter and there is more work up north and houses are more affordable. We quite liked the Port Maquarie area last time were in oz for our honeymoon 3 years ago, but were going to drive up that way and do some searching. Big move though, kind of hoping we'll find a job ok and find a nice place to live. It's great to make contact.

Clare
Hiya Clare

Sorry for the delay in replying! Am logged in at work, so will have to be brief!:curse:
We're hoping for Gold Coast area, specifically Pac Pines initially, and then perhaps more rural. We have friends already in that area, and it's useful for schools, etc. Our son will be going to the high school there (hopefully!).
Scary stuff isn't it? Just can't quite comprehend the whole thing sometimes!
We've only ever been to Aus once, we paid a flying visit to my hubby's relatives in Perth, then quick visit to Adelaide, then to Gold Coast to stay with friends - was a mad 3 weeks!
Keep in touch and let us know how your application is going!
Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

gabby has much to be proud ofgabby has much to be proud ofgabby has much to be proud ofgabby has much to be proud ofgabby has much to be proud ofgabby has much to be proud ofgabby has much to be proud ofgabby has much to be proud ofgabby has much to be proud ofgabby has much to be proud ofgabby has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by THE TURNER CLAN
Hiya Cyrused is away at the moment so she can't reply, it is the 2nd saturday of the month so will be 9th Feb meet. Hope to see you all there
Lisa

IS THIS GOING AHEAD THIS SATURDAY CAN ANYONE TELL ME

luv Gabs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:30 am
Just Joined

UKDOLL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cyrused
Hi there
Just moved to Upper Coomera and wondered if any families fancied meeting up, we have two boys, I am 29 and my hubby is 37, just want to meet some new friends basically, let me know.
Sally
Hi Sally
I'm keen to meet up for a coffee some time. Any dates in mind? I'm from the UK been here 11 yrs
Cheers Pam