Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Gold Coast families fancy a meet up.

Any Gold Coast families fancy a meet up.

Old Jan 6th 2008, 1:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Dazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any Gold Coast families fancy a meet up.

Originally Posted by Jan3kids
Hi Everyone *waves*

I will be coming along with my four kids (aged 9-2) and maybe the Husband. Came here from Adelaide a year ago but still struggling on the friends front

Looking forward to it.

Jan
Hi Jan,
I,m sure that will change after meeting everyone on saturday.

Ally
Old Jan 6th 2008, 2:06 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that Ally

Life's definately a bit empty without familiar friendly faces.

See you there :^)

Jan

Last edited by Jan4kids; Jan 6th 2008 at 2:09 am.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

caz-col is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Sounds like a good idea,been on the Gold Coast for 4 months.
You have picked a good spot,ideal for the kids.

See you there

Colin Caroline Michael 6 Sam 5 & the boss Ellen 4

ps Fingers crossed for the weather,its like being in blighty at the moment!!!
Old Jan 6th 2008, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

cyrused is an unknown quantity at this point

I am so glad that so many people can come it will be really nice to meet so many new people, and like you say the more the merrier.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

THE TURNER CLAN is a jewel in the roughTHE TURNER CLAN is a jewel in the roughTHE TURNER CLAN is a jewel in the roughTHE TURNER CLAN is a jewel in the rough

Hiya we will definately be there, Paul, Lisa, Bradley 4 1/2 and Luke 3 See you all there
Lisa
Old Jan 6th 2008, 11:16 am
Just Joined

nollys is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Any Gold Coast families fancy a meet up.

Hi All
I am a newbie to this forum, found it yesterday when I was trying to find a pet transporter to bring our dog from Sydney to the Gold coast....any way I am rambling, I have read all of the threads and we (Paul 44, Nicola/me 42, Maude 11 and Joe 9) would love to come and meet you all, weather permitting!!! Have been to the park and its great, have never done the outside barbie thing but willing to try!!
See you all then
Old Jan 6th 2008, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Any Gold Coast families fancy a meet up.

Hi Nollys,

Dont know if you sorted things with the dog transport, but we used a company called Ozpets. They flew our German Shepard / Border Collie cross up from Eastern Creek Sydney to brisbane at the end of November. Charge was about $320 which wasn't bad considering i was going to drive down and pick him up at one point. They are on the net. Ask for a guy called Paul. You can say i recommended them to you if you want. Seriously i cant praise them enough.
Its great to have the dog around again now. It was a long time without him.
Anyway Good Luck.

Darren
Old Jan 7th 2008, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

PursersinOz is an unknown quantity at this point

What a great response to this thread, it should be a great afternoon, we are really looking forward to it and we know there will be another couple of families from BE coming along too, will the park be big enough for us all? Let's just pray for the sunshine
Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:40 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

We are hoping to come too!!
Thing is with these meets no one ever knows who anyone is!!!!! C x
Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shiels
We are hoping to come too!!
Thing is with these meets no one ever knows who anyone is!!!!! C x
Soon will do after a beer or two!
Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:49 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PursersinOz
Soon will do after a beer or two!
Seems like quite a few are going, doesnt it? with quite a good range of kids ages too C x
Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:52 am
Just Joined

nollys is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Any Gold Coast families fancy a meet up.

Thanks for that Darren, I think we are going to drive and pick him up, he is a bit traumatised by all accounts, don't feel like we can put him back in a crate!!!
Really looking forward to Saturday...perhaps we should all wear something like a flower as if we were all on a blind date? Then we would know who we all were!!!
See you Saturday
Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shiels
Seems like quite a few are going, doesnt it? with quite a good range of kids ages too C x
Yes there should be a big crowd, the children will love it, hopefully for those with teens who are struggling here they will make some friends! It will be a good day for all.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 11:32 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

Just thought I'd add that the car park right next to the playground isn't that expensive....40c an hour I think....as I always find getting out of Australia Fairs' Multi Storey and across the road a bit of an ordeal on foot with kids (or it could just be me )

Also there are a group of shaded benches right next to the main BBQ's maybe whoever gets there first could bag a couple (towels on sunlounger German style LOL!)???

I'll wear a flower for good measure too!

Jan
Old Jan 8th 2008, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

johnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to all

Hi All

Just to throw in our two-pennies worht we shall be coming along as well, thats Ali, John and 2 girls Sophie (14) and Abi (12). Lets hope the girls find some new friends they are starting to drive me mad with the cries of I'm bored and don't know anyone!!!

See you Saturday, pray for Sun

Ali

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.