Any going skiing this year?

Old Jul 22nd 2009, 8:40 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any going skiing this year?

I'm going in a few weeks time and there's tonnes of white stuff falling
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Any going skiing this year?

We been Skiing since we got here spending the kids inheritance lol.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Budawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Went up to Perisher last weekend. Saturday the weather was quite cold and the snow light and dry. Sunday was foggy up high with better visibility as you went lower. Snow was a bit heavy as it was warmer. There was a reasonable (but not great) cover of snow with almost all 50 lifts open. We ended up camping at Kosi Mountain Retreat which is below the snowline. At least I saved some money on accommodation on what was an otherwise expensive (but very enjoyable) weekend. Can't wait to go back!
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 10:16 am
Account Closed

I'm heading up to DP/Hotham again. I've been really lucky the last 2 years as all the lifts have been open when I was there and there was great cover. Looks like it's shaping up for a repeat performance this year.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 11:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Budawang
Went up to Perisher last weekend. Saturday the weather was quite cold and the snow light and dry. Sunday was foggy up high with better visibility as you went lower. Snow was a bit heavy as it was warmer. There was a reasonable (but not great) cover of snow with almost all 50 lifts open. We ended up camping at Kosi Mountain Retreat which is below the snowline. At least I saved some money on accommodation on what was an otherwise expensive (but very enjoyable) weekend. Can't wait to go back!
I'm sorry, did you say 'camping'? In white cold snowy place? That, in my world, is one of the most bizarre things I've ever heard
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 11:28 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I'm sorry, did you say 'camping'? In white cold snowy place? That, in my world, is one of the most bizarre things I've ever heard
He said below the snow line. White, cold and snowy above; just cold below
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 11:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

He said below the snow line. White, cold and snowy above; just cold below
Still barking imo
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Budawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
It wasn't as bad as it sounds. There was a heated kitchen/lounge and hot showers where we were camping. Once you're in your (very warm) sleeping bag you get nice and toasty. The other thing that warms you up is the thought it's only costing $27 a night. OK, you still think I'm barking...

Went to Hotham a few years ago and really liked it. Stayed at one of the club lodges and could ski out the front door. Sweet. Perisher is good too as there is more terrain than any other Oz resort, but accommodation is limited and very expensive.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

louH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Budawang
It wasn't as bad as it sounds. There was a heated kitchen/lounge and hot showers where we were camping. Once you're in your (very warm) sleeping bag you get nice and toasty. The other thing that warms you up is the thought it's only costing $27 a night. OK, you still think I'm barking...

Went to Hotham a few years ago and really liked it. Stayed at one of the club lodges and could ski out the front door. Sweet. Perisher is good too as there is more terrain than any other Oz resort, but accommodation is limited and very expensive.
Woof Woof!!!! Mate its cold enough here in my Canberra house - camping up at the snow - no thanks! They would need to pay me - and I'd want more than $27 a night!!!!
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 12:52 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Any going skiing this year?

Mate, when are you going? Would love to join you for a day's skiing again.

Buzzy
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 1:52 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Mate, when are you going? Would love to join you for a day's skiing again.

Buzzy
I'll send you a PM.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of

When's the best time to ski? I have three kids that would love to learn.

J
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 4:08 am
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by aussiedreamer
When's the best time to ski? I have three kids that would love to learn.

J
Pretty much now really. This might sound mad but if you're seriously thinking about it you might want to include NZ when you're doing your costings. We usually ski at Hotham but it's expensive unless you can get a group together. If the kids are just learning you could do Baw Baw though which is only 2 and a bit hours from Melbourne - fine for beginners and way cheaper than the other resorts.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 4:41 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Going skiing in Perisher on 7th August for a weekend. Staying in Jindabyne. It's my first time going skiing so I'm pretty excited. 4 of us going and we got a good deal of about $500 each including gear rental, accomodation, ski pass and lessons.

Last edited by knockoff nige; Jul 23rd 2009 at 5:19 am.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of

Thanks for that, will look at the costings between the two. I have been able to ski for years, Kids are desperate to learn and maybe i'll even try snowboarding so we can all have fun together.

J

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.