Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any fellow Paint Sprayers out there??

Any fellow Paint Sprayers out there??

Old May 4th 2007, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any fellow Paint Sprayers out there??

Originally Posted by Mrs Kiwi
brilliant, thanks eddie007.
I get so much conflicting information about spraypainting in OZ. On one hand, vehicle painter is on the occupations "in demand" list and I read somewhere they can do really well money wise, then I hear/ read somewhere else that there isn't much work around & it is poorly paid. Perhaps it is on the "in demand" list because it is poorly paid so no-one wants to do it? Any opinions/ experience on that, anyone? X
You earn a average wage here as you would in the uk. Brisbane would have more places of employment as its a larger city. But if it is like the Gold coast then things are a little tight on jobs as we have not had any bad weather ( Hail ) which is relied on to keep the industry ticking over. There are jobs but not as many as a while back. If you check the courier mail ( Brisbane paper ) they have a employment section which normally has jobs in it. Good luck. Quill.
Old May 5th 2007, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Any fellow Paint Sprayers out there??

Thanks Quill,
appreciate the advice. We go to Brisbane in September for our reccie and if anyone works in a bodyshop and is prepared to let my hubbie have a look around & a chat in September he would be over the moon.
Also, is it easy to get jobs as a foreman of a paintshop? That is what my hubbie is doing now, he still paints & preps but is also the overall foreman. Do those jobs come up often? Thanks x