Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Families Heading for Pacific pines/Helensvale area next year??

Any Families Heading for Pacific pines/Helensvale area next year??

Old Aug 2nd 2008, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all
Smile Any Families Heading for Pacific pines/Helensvale area next year??

Hi

Just wondered if any other families are looking at Pacific Pines/ Helensvale area next year.

We are family of five, myself 30, hubby 33, and 3 girls, 11, 9, and 10 months.

Just thought we could exchange notes etc and i to introduce ourselves as it is a very scary and exciting move, especially as we have never been to Australia before.

Anyway, hope to have some replies!!

Mandy
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Chris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant future
Default Re: Any Families Heading for Pacific pines/Helensvale area next year??

Hi,

We are hoping to move to Brisbane in January 09. We are Feb applicant and are still waiting on our visa (hopefully will not be too long!) We are hoping to be able to go the end of October!! and will be going to go to my parents place in Melbourne for a couple of months first and spend christmas there, then move to Brisbane as this is where we really would like to be based in January. We went on Holiday last year and had a good look around and we visited many places but liked Upper Coomera, which is not far from Helensvale, we did not visit Helensvale but we will be looking at this area. We also visited Cleveland which we liked, but seemed quite expensive and we looked at Mango Hill but i have to say it was not for us. There are still many places that i would like to go and have a look at like Wellington Point. We dont want to be too far from the city because of my other half travelling for work. (he is an electrician).

I have two children boy 5 years and girl 3 years. Have you got your visa yet?

Would love to hear back from you, yes i agree it is daunting but i really cant wait now, i feel in limbo land at the moment. Our house in Norfolk will hopefully exchange next week (fingers crossed) so i am really relieved about this, as i was really worried that is would not sell. Then we will be living with my other halfs parents until we get our visa!!!

Nicola
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 1:52 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sutty77
Hi

Just wondered if any other families are looking at Pacific Pines
Beware of the Soapster! ...
Old Aug 5th 2008, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

jonnywonny is an unknown quantity at this point

hi we have made the move & loving it live slightly inland of p pines you will love it, winter & i went for a padle in sea today its about 20c during the day if you want any help or just an opinion just send me a pm, i know a hard the first 3mth jonny
Old Aug 5th 2008, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

spadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nice

Hi Mandy,
I know the feeling well, its very diffictult when you are not sure where you want to be. We arrived two and half years ago and settled in Cleveland which is 20 minutes to CBD, and 45 minutes to Gold Coast. We visited everywhere when we arrived and ended up at Wellington Point of which is a lovely family area, so we live 5 minutes away.
We are now offering help and support to other families that are starting out, by offering a homestay self catering studio with all the support you need. If you need any other help please dont hesitate to ask. Good luck all will go well.
Sharon
Old Aug 5th 2008, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by spadgersdad
Hi Mandy,
I know the feeling well, its very diffictult when you are not sure where you want to be. We arrived two and half years ago and settled in Cleveland which is 20 minutes to CBD, and 45 minutes to Gold Coast. We visited everywhere when we arrived and ended up at Wellington Point of which is a lovely family area, so we live 5 minutes away.
We are now offering help and support to other families that are starting out, by offering a homestay self catering studio with all the support you need. If you need any other help please dont hesitate to ask. Good luck all will go well.
Sharon
Hi Sharon
Yes get very scared when think about the move, so try to block it out of my mind at the minute.
We have been looking at Pacific pines quite alot. Can you tell me anything about that suburb??
Do you know if there is much building work out that way also as my hubby a builder and thats really worryinf him about getting a job.
Thanks
Mandy
Old Aug 5th 2008, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

Chris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant future

Hi Sharon,

We want to look Wellington point when we arrive, can you tell me what the area is like. Also would like to know more about the homestay self catering studio you have to offer please.

thanks Nic

Last edited by Chris Ball; Aug 5th 2008 at 3:14 pm.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

spadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nice

Hi Mandy,
Sorry not sure about Pacific pines/Helensvale, if Hubby is a builder I am sure he will have no problem with work. I know it is very frightening but you will be fine if you set yourself no pre-conceived ideas, just come with an open mind and try to embrace all Australia has to offer. My daughter was 9 when we arrived and she has come on so much, she has gained so much confidence, its better to regret something you have done than regret something you have never done. If you need any help please dont hesitate to ask.
Sharon
Old Aug 6th 2008, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

Hi Nic,
Wellington Point is a lovely family place, there is also many other lovely places in this area :- Victoria Point, Redland Bay all close to the water. If you reply with your email I will send you some photo's of the studio and price's. It is all brand new done to a very high specification, all with self catering, own washer, cooking facilities etc. The studio sleeps four people.. You will have your own outside garden and barbecue area, the use of a large pool and all the support you need. The web site should be finished within the next two weeks.
When you arrive we are more than happy to give you a tour of the local area, if you need any other information please dont hesitate to ask.
Sharon
Old Aug 6th 2008, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Here's some info posted in the local paper recently, hope it helps:

Pacific Pines is a new suburb at the Northern end of the GC. Pacific Pines has seen a large injection of new properties in a short period and this is reflected by population growth of 8.9 per cent during 2006 and 2007. The median house price is $451,500.

Percentage born overseas 28.9% (average is 23.9%)
Percentage dwellings fully owned 12.6%
Percentage dwellings being purchased 50.6%
Percentage dwellings being rented 36.5%
Percentage family households 88.7%
Median age 30

Helensvale on the Northern end of the GC, is inland from Runaway Bay and near Pacific Motorway. It is home to Wet 'n' Wild water park. Houses in Helensvale have a median price that is more affordable than the median GC and TC area.

Percentage born overseas 26.9% (average is 23.9%)
Percentage dwellings fully owned 32.1%
Percentage dwellings being purchased 47.4%
Percentage dwellings being rented 19.3%
Percentage family households 82.4%
Median age 39
Old Aug 6th 2008, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

DONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really nice

Hiya Mandy

I live on Pacific Pines with my hubby & 3 kids, I also have relocated people to this area, it has good schools, great partks & bbq area's and some shops, it is developing really well, so lots going on. It is about 20 mins from the beach and the same to the mountains.

Hope this helps

Sarah x