Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any families going to Perth/Rockingham area September/October

Any families going to Perth/Rockingham area September/October

Old Jul 26th 2008, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

warren09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any families going to Perth/Rockingham area September/October

Hi there new to Expats and was wondering if any families are moving out to Perth late sept or early oct. We live in the Worcestershire area and it would be great to here from anyone in the same boat who is moving over at roughly the same time.

Warren 34 Vicky 30 Kaitlin & Georgia 1
Old Jul 27th 2008, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

flossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Any families going to Perth/Rockingham area September/October

Hi
We are leaving 4 perth at the end of september-live in Kent at the moment.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Gazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really nice

Haven't bought the flights yet, but targetting the end of October, hoping to settle either in Port Kennedy or Secret Harbour just on the edge of Rockingham.
Gaz
Old Jul 29th 2008, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

Hi Gaz,

What visa are you travelling on? We have looked at Port Kennedy and Secret Harbour on reiwa and you seem to get more for your money in these areas.
I have a position in Rockingham so not sure where we will eventually settle, when we get out there hoping to have 2/3 weeks before I start my job.
What are your plans? Are you travelling with your family?

Warren
Old Jul 29th 2008, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really nice

Hi mate. We are on state sponsorship- dunno what number that is
Yeah, seems a little cheaper than some areas (especially ones by the beach) but not TOO far from Perth.
I am coming out with Mrs Gaz and my 2 Gaz-ettes!

Gaz
Old Jul 30th 2008, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by warren09
Hi there new to Expats and was wondering if any families are moving out to Perth late sept or early oct. We live in the Worcestershire area and it would be great to here from anyone in the same boat who is moving over at roughly the same time.

Hi

We fly out from Manchester (live in Warrington) to Perth 21st October.

We want to settle Port Kennedy, Secret Harbour, Mandurah or Rockingham areas. However we are taking our dog and have found it difficult finding a good short-term furnished rental that will take a pet. We now have one near Wanneroo. We've booked for 12 weeks so that we have plenty of time to look around and won't have to move over Christmas. Also gives OH chance to find where he'll get work (he's an IT Cisco Engineer).

Having 12 weeks gives us loads of time to make the right decision (sometimes we can be too impulsive). We will be renting as we haven't sold in the UK). Looking forward to it, but really nervous!!!!

Good luck

Caroline 40, Keith 41, Meg 14, Lew 13, Maria 5 and Basil the beagle.
136 PR
Old Jul 30th 2008, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by carolinemaria
Hi

We fly out from Manchester (live in Warrington) to Perth 21st October.

We want to settle Port Kennedy, Secret Harbour, Mandurah or Rockingham areas. However we are taking our dog and have found it difficult finding a good short-term furnished rental that will take a pet. We now have one near Wanneroo. We've booked for 12 weeks so that we have plenty of time to look around and won't have to move over Christmas. Also gives OH chance to find where he'll get work (he's an IT Cisco Engineer).

Having 12 weeks gives us loads of time to make the right decision (sometimes we can be too impulsive). We will be renting as we haven't sold in the UK). Looking forward to it, but really nervous!!!!

Good luck

Caroline 40, Keith 41, Meg 14, Lew 13, Maria 5 and Basil the beagle.
136 PR
Hi folks,

We should be travelling out at roughly the same time as you guys. We will be renting as well as we are not sold in the UK, have mixed messages on where to settle from feedback we have had.
Will not have as much timescale to settle as i am due to start my position with my new company, hopefully will be able to get 2/3 weeks as we are coming over on a works sponsored visa.
Do you have family or relatives in Perth area or have you visted previously?
We also are very nervous with mixed feelings and emotions are we doing the right thing etc.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Hi folks,

We should be travelling out at roughly the same time as you guys. We will be renting as well as we are not sold in the UK, have mixed messages on where to settle from feedback we have had.
Will not have as much timescale to settle as i am due to start my position with my new company, hopefully will be able to get 2/3 weeks as we are coming over on a works sponsored visa.
Do you have family or relatives in Perth area or have you visted previously?
We also are very nervous with mixed feelings and emotions are we doing the right thing etc.
No family and no we have never been!! We are completely barking mad!!! I turned 40 last year must have been having a mid-life crisis, my business was taking up more and more of my time, then we saw the Australia mag for sale in Tesco. We had no time to think about it as we realised rule changes on Sept 1st meant we had to apply immediately. The rest is history...... and the next bit is as scary as hell.

How about you, have you been, do you know anyone or are you barking mad also?

Take care
Caroline and crew
Old Jul 31st 2008, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

seat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to all

If the house sells, then we are hoping to leave the uK for Mandurah at the end of October
Old Aug 1st 2008, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

aprilkeogh will become famous soon enoughaprilkeogh will become famous soon enough

Hello All, We (me, ed, ella (4) georgie (2) are booking our flights this weekend out to Perth on the 26th October. We are only going for three weeks to see what we think before coming back and applying for visas. We would be really keen on meeting up with some people out there, I think we are going to try and rent a house for three weeks when there (it'll be easier with the kids).

Let me know if anyone fancies it - maybe if someone has been before you could suggest a time and place
Old Aug 1st 2008, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by carolinemaria
No family and no we have never been!! We are completely barking mad!!! I turned 40 last year must have been having a mid-life crisis, my business was taking up more and more of my time, then we saw the Australia mag for sale in Tesco. We had no time to think about it as we realised rule changes on Sept 1st meant we had to apply immediately. The rest is history...... and the next bit is as scary as hell.

How about you, have you been, do you know anyone or are you barking mad also?

Take care
Caroline and crew
We are in the same boat as you guys i applied for the job, got the job and everything else has snowballed from then on. We must be mad half way round the world no family/friends and 12 month old twins crazy!!!!
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aprilkeogh
Hello All, We (me, ed, ella (4) georgie (2) are booking our flights this weekend out to Perth on the 26th October. We are only going for three weeks to see what we think before coming back and applying for visas. We would be really keen on meeting up with some people out there, I think we are going to try and rent a house for three weeks when there (it'll be easier with the kids).

Let me know if anyone fancies it - maybe if someone has been before you could suggest a time and place
Hi, We fly out 21st October, we'll be a bit hectic first week or so sorting out medicare etc, but I'm sure we'd be able to meet up. You're only up the road from me now (Warrington but really a Wiganer). Are you going to the meet up at the Bolton Harvester 23rd August?

Warren Glad i'm not the only mad one!! Bet your twins keep you both busy as it is. Us maddies should meet up in Perth.

Take care

Caroline
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

aprilkeogh will become famous soon enoughaprilkeogh will become famous soon enough

Yep we're going to the meet at harvester - will we be seeing you there?? We'll have kids though - but have been reliably informed that there are a few 10/11 yr old girls dying to play mummy for an afternoon so we can get to know people and more about moving to oz.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aprilkeogh
Yep we're going to the meet at harvester - will we be seeing you there?? We'll have kids though - but have been reliably informed that there are a few 10/11 yr old girls dying to play mummy for an afternoon so we can get to know people and more about moving to oz.
So far we are planning to go to the meet, but I've loads to do as we have to move out on September 17th. My kids were a bit bored last time so I may leave them at home!!!

Caroline
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of

We will be there on the 9th Oct, my OH is called Warren too!!!!!

On the BE update there is a perth list, might be helpful to you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.