Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any experience with Glendal Primary School, Melbourne?

Any experience with Glendal Primary School, Melbourne?

Old Mar 19th 2006, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

jery_wang is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any experience with Glendal Primary School, Melbourne?

Hi,

I would like to send my son to Glendal Primary School in Melbourne? Is this good school? How about Glen Waverley Primary School? How does it compare to Glendal?

For those who had been staying in Melbourne, could you tell me which primary school is considered among the top?

Thank you. Any info will be appreciated.
Jerry
Old Mar 19th 2006, 7:28 am
mamacares

amendoza is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any experience with Glendal Primary School, Melbourne?

Originally Posted by jery_wang
Hi,

I would like to send my son to Glendal Primary School in Melbourne? Is this good school? How about Glen Waverley Primary School? How does it compare to Glendal?

For those who had been staying in Melbourne, could you tell me which primary school is considered among the top?

Thank you. Any info will be appreciated.
Jerry
Hi Jerry,

Sorry can't help you with Glendal nor with any GW primary schools. We'll be moving northwest ,Essendon to be exact. From what I gather, there is no such thing as best primary school in Melbourne, only the best school FOR YOUR CHILD. In general and as a tip,good suburbs have good schools. Glen Waverley is rated a good suburb. You may have to check where you wanna stay and I believe you'll hit a good school. So long as the kids are happy and learning in the school, I guess that's ok. All schools, I believe, follow the same blue print for a Victorian education, standard-wise. The secondary schooling I think, well, that may be a different thing....

We'll be returning to Melbourne this July and kids are all excited. They'll just finish school by June and off we go! Hope you find the best school for your kids.

Cheers,
Hannah
Old Mar 19th 2006, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Default Good suburbs in Melbourne was Any experience with Glendal Primary School, Melbourne?

Hi Hannah,

Thanks. It seems that you'd been living in Melbourne before. Do you know good suburbs in Melbourne and those suburbs that we should avoid to stay?

Thanks.
Jerry

Originally Posted by amendoza
Hi Jerry,

Sorry can't help you with Glendal nor with any GW primary schools. We'll be moving northwest ,Essendon to be exact. From what I gather, there is no such thing as best primary school in Melbourne, only the best school FOR YOUR CHILD. In general and as a tip,good suburbs have good schools. Glen Waverley is rated a good suburb. You may have to check where you wanna stay and I believe you'll hit a good school. So long as the kids are happy and learning in the school, I guess that's ok. All schools, I believe, follow the same blue print for a Victorian education, standard-wise. The secondary schooling I think, well, that may be a different thing....

We'll be returning to Melbourne this July and kids are all excited. They'll just finish school by June and off we go! Hope you find the best school for your kids.

Cheers,
Hannah
Old Mar 20th 2006, 4:01 am
mamacares

amendoza is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Good suburbs in Melbourne was Any experience with Glendal Primary School, Melbourne?

Originally Posted by jery_wang
Hi Hannah,

Thanks. It seems that you'd been living in Melbourne before. Do you know good suburbs in Melbourne and those suburbs that we should avoid to stay?

Thanks.
Jerry
Hi again Jerry,

From what I reckon, many expats trek the SE/E part and many are nice areas like Glen Waverley,Mt Waverley,etc... Houses are cheaper the further you go like Ferntree Gully,Berwick,Mulgrave,Lilydale. Berwick is a fave among new migrants as houses are more reasonable to acquire. New migrants shy away from Springvale,Dandenong and even Clayton as , I guess, many like more spaces and greens around them. Those burbs mentioned are quite "commercialized", so to speak, but of course, to each his own.
The other side, west and NW, is getting to be quite popular ,too,lately. We'll be staying in Essendon and they have nice schools around. Nearby burbs like Strathmore, Oak Park, Pascoe Vale are good places to raise kids despite the fact that you'll be near the city - about 10 km or so away only! Further west is my fave suburb, Williamstown, but is too pricey, really. But if one can afford a house for $K700+, why not?
There are many new and very nice housing west-bound like Sanctuary Lakes, Point Cook, Cairnlea, even Hoppers Crossing,and Werribee. However, since they're mostly new suburbs, the area is just starting to be "green". I personally may not live in Footscray as I young kids. It has a high crime and drug rate and I don't like such for my kids. But I guess the gov is trying to clean it up by now.
There are many worth mentioning suburbs so I suggest you see the site below.Visit the BritVic website. I'm sure the site will be of further help. Here's the link:
http://s7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/index.php?act=idx

Hope that helps and good luck!!!

Cheers,
Hannah
Old Mar 25th 2006, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Good suburbs in Melbourne was Any experience with Glendal Primary School, Melbour

Hi Hannah,

Thanks for the info. I'll take a look at the link.
Kind Regards,
Jerry
Originally Posted by amendoza
Hi again Jerry,

From what I reckon, many expats trek the SE/E part and many are nice areas like Glen Waverley,Mt Waverley,etc... Houses are cheaper the further you go like Ferntree Gully,Berwick,Mulgrave,Lilydale. Berwick is a fave among new migrants as houses are more reasonable to acquire. New migrants shy away from Springvale,Dandenong and even Clayton as , I guess, many like more spaces and greens around them. Those burbs mentioned are quite "commercialized", so to speak, but of course, to each his own.
The other side, west and NW, is getting to be quite popular ,too,lately. We'll be staying in Essendon and they have nice schools around. Nearby burbs like Strathmore, Oak Park, Pascoe Vale are good places to raise kids despite the fact that you'll be near the city - about 10 km or so away only! Further west is my fave suburb, Williamstown, but is too pricey, really. But if one can afford a house for $K700+, why not?
There are many new and very nice housing west-bound like Sanctuary Lakes, Point Cook, Cairnlea, even Hoppers Crossing,and Werribee. However, since they're mostly new suburbs, the area is just starting to be "green". I personally may not live in Footscray as I young kids. It has a high crime and drug rate and I don't like such for my kids. But I guess the gov is trying to clean it up by now.
There are many worth mentioning suburbs so I suggest you see the site below.Visit the BritVic website. I'm sure the site will be of further help. Here's the link:
http://s7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/index.php?act=idx

Hope that helps and good luck!!!

Cheers,
Hannah