Reload this Page >

Any Expats in Queensland?

Any Expats in Queensland?

Old Sep 16th 2004, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

kaka1964 is on a distinguished road
Default Any Expats in Queensland?

Hello,
We are a family of five from Dundee, in Scotland UK.
Just like to try and make some acquaintances from your particular neck of the woods.
We are looking to migrate to Queensland, but as of yet we are still a bit unsure as to where, specifically, we should try to settle.
If you would be prepared to chat anytime, please reply. If only so as we can ask some simple questions about everyday things (shopping, schools, transport, jobs etc.)

Do you know any ex-Brits, how are they doin?

Any contact would be of great help, thanks in advance.

Bob Cuthill 36
Karen Cuthill 40
Bobby 16
Marc 12
Becky 11
Old Sep 16th 2004, 6:36 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Expats in Queensland?

Originally Posted by kaka1964
Hello,
Just like to try and make some acquaintances from your particular neck of the woods.
We are looking to migrate to Queensland, but as of yet we are still a bit unsure as to where, specifically, we should try to settle.
If you would be prepared to chat anytime, please reply. If only so as we can ask some simple questions about everyday things (shopping, schools, transport, jobs etc.)

Bob Cuthill 36
Karen Cuthill 40
Bobby 16
Marc 12
Becky 11
There are loads of forum members heading to or already in Qld. 'steandleigh' and 'leejo' both live just north of Cairns, 'Biggy' lives in Yepoon near Rockhampton, and lots and lots of people live in Brisbane, the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast.

I've just been reading about leigh and her partner (steandleigh) in the 'We're here!' thread. I think it might inspire you!

I'm sure you'll get lots of responses from folks here!
Old Sep 16th 2004, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Any Expats in Queensland?

Hello,

Bob Cuthill 36
Karen Cuthill 40
Bobby 16
Marc 12
Becky 11

hi ,

were a family of 5 also, were hoping to go to townsville in queensland.
Im in the throws of finishing my conversion course which ends at the end of march, and then the ball can start rolling.
Ive had interest in townsville hospital and they have asked me to send an application form, which ive done. They may be able to sponsor me.
townsville has good shopping centre and schools and has lots of schools. if you log on to www.qld.gov.au you will get school listings with email addresses etc.
As far as i know transport is by bus mainly (public) and taxi's although from what ive been told, if you book a taxi over the phone you pay more.

good luck

Jim 38
trish 35
jade 9
josh 7
connor 4
Old Sep 16th 2004, 9:48 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Any Expats in Queensland????

Just a few! we are launching a take-over of the Brisbane area as I speak.....!!!! Are you looking to come to the city or somewhere more rural?
Old Sep 16th 2004, 10:04 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Just a few! we are launching a take-over of the Brisbane area as I speak.....!!!! Are you looking to come to the city or somewhere more rural?

Most certainly we are - Karen, you'll have to join us on our girls nights out in Brisbane if you come to the city. Next one is in October, but I think we're trying to have them every couple of months
Old Sep 16th 2004, 11:01 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Nice reply Couldn't have said it better myself

Old Sep 17th 2004, 7:20 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Bob Cuthill 36
Karen Cuthill 40
Bobby 16
Marc 12
Becky 11
Hi Guys!

We will be heading out to Ashmore/Southport Area of the Gold Coast next year (fingers crossed) so if you would llike to keep in touch I would love it!
Old Sep 17th 2004, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Hi there,

We've been in Brisbane for almost 4 weeks and so far we are enjoying the whole thing. If you need any help or advice please do not hesitate to send a PM. We are a family of 5 as well:

Chris (me) 34
Nita 39
Peter 18
Becky 15
Mathew 11

Regards
Old Sep 17th 2004, 9:12 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in sunny Yeppoon and will answer any questions you have got If I know the answers that is
Old Sep 17th 2004, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I am in Caloundra, The Sunny Coast, a great place to live!!
Old Sep 17th 2004, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

Been here 1 month today, love the country, hate the job, missing lots about " home " but also regularly thinking " wouldn't get this in the uk " or " this would cost a packet back home " etc. so it's very much swings and roundabouts.

Gladly help if we can.

Paul 33
AM 28
Callum 9
Shannon 7

Eden's Landing ( Half way between Brisbane and glod coast )
Qld Aus

Paul & Ann-Marie
Old Sep 17th 2004, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Jacs will become famous soon enoughJacs will become famous soon enough

Hi

we're a family of 3, hoping to arrive eary next year to the brisbane area looking at Albany Creek, Ferny Hills/Grove area but we'll see when we arrive.
Very interested in the nights out sounds fun so keep a lager cold please.
Hopefully looking at getting a job as a practice nurse if all goes well
Old Sep 17th 2004, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

rlhume is an unknown quantity at this point

We are in the "bush" about 100kms from Rockhampton, been
in OZ for nearly 2yrs although we've settled down now it
hasn't been easy. Me the wife and 11yr old would be glad
to offer any advice/experiences.

One word of warning QLD state education is not the greatest
in the world so take your time and do loads of research before
committing to anywhere.

Good luck

Bob
Old Sep 27th 2004, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

gazza22222 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We are a family of three and are in the Gold Coast. Been here now for 4 months, its a fantastic place to live, lots going on and a good climate.

Regards
Gary
Old Sep 29th 2004, 10:21 am

robertd is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
Like you, we are a family of five, two boys aged 18 and 15 and a daughter aged 10. Rob (hubby) 37 and me, louisa 40. Been living in Varsity Lakes,near Robina on the Gold Coast for just over a year now. Love it. Somethings to moan about but not too many. If you need any advise, or just someone to talk to, let me know. Take care, Louisa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.