Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Expats in Newcastle/Port Stephens

Any Expats in Newcastle/Port Stephens

Old May 22nd 2007, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

Scratch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Expats in Newcastle/Port Stephens

I am arriving mid-june and will be living around the Newcastle/Port Stephens area and wondered how many other expats there are around this area.

would really appreciate being in contact with and having somebody with a bit of area knowledge around that I could ask any questions that I may have.

look forward to hearing from anybody and maybe meeting up for a drink or two !

Scratch
Old May 25th 2007, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Any Expats in Newcastle/Port Stephens

Originally Posted by Scratch
I am arriving mid-june and will be living around the Newcastle/Port Stephens area and wondered how many other expats there are around this area.

would really appreciate being in contact with and having somebody with a bit of area knowledge around that I could ask any questions that I may have.

look forward to hearing from anybody and maybe meeting up for a drink or two !

Scratch
Hello, my husband and I arrived in Charlestown (Newcastle) in January as Parent Migrants, to join our son and his wife and baby grandson, born in February. Will you be on your own? Our son is an Intensive Care nurse at the John Hunter Hospital. I am sure we could arrange a meet-up once you have arrived or before if you have any questions etc Have you been to Oz before? Warning - it is a bit chilly at night but beautiful during the day (most days) so bring some warm clothing for the evenings!
Good Luck with the journey and hope to hear from you sometime soon.

Linda & Keith
Old May 27th 2007, 11:01 am
chippy

premkit is a jewel in the roughpremkit is a jewel in the roughpremkit is a jewel in the roughpremkit is a jewel in the roughpremkit is a jewel in the rough

when we get are visa! we are moving to the charlestown area. rellos lived there for years then move to redhead.
you are moving to a great area. i have been up and down the east coast, the lake area is fantastic.

good luck

ray
Old May 28th 2007, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Nikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I am in the Hunter Valley, about 50 minutes from Newcastle. Would be happy to help with any questions you may have. We arrived in September 2006, myself, o/h and two boys aged 12 and 9 and a girl of 6.

There are a few of us in the surounding areas on here, a few people who would be happy to help. You may get more replies on the main forum, if you
haven't already posted on there of course!

Regarding a drink...if you like wine then we are in the vineyards.......LOL!

Regards

Nikki
Old Aug 24th 2007, 4:07 am
Just Joined

Scratch is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

Well we have finally arrived. been here for about 2 weeks, daughter is in school, I'm all unpacked and now going out of my mind wondering how I go about meeting people.

Only so much housework I can be doing at any one time

any one free for meeting up for a coffee anytime soon. can pretty much travel anywhere within newcastle/port stephens area.

look forward to speaking to somebody soon

Gill
Old Aug 27th 2007, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Scratch
Hi all

Well we have finally arrived. been here for about 2 weeks, daughter is in school, I'm all unpacked and now going out of my mind wondering how I go about meeting people.

Only so much housework I can be doing at any one time

any one free for meeting up for a coffee anytime soon. can pretty much travel anywhere within newcastle/port stephens area.

look forward to speaking to somebody soon

Gill
Hello Gill,

You may have seen our reply earlier in this thread. We moved to Charlestown to be near our son and his family, in January. You might not particularly want to meet two 'old fogies' but you might like to meet our son and his wife and young baby, who I am sure would be able to give you some tips on settling and making friends. They emigrated from u.k. in 2002 and have not looked back, hence we decided to join them instead!!!

This is a great area to be and although some things take some getting used to I am sure you will enjoy your new life. I will send you a pm with my e.mail address so that if you would like to meet up we might be able to arrange something!

regards Linda & Keith