Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any expats in Hervey Bay?

Any expats in Hervey Bay?

Old Nov 7th 2006, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

katiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura about
Default Any expats in Hervey Bay?

Hi everyone
We have just moved up to Hervey Bay, and are house and job hunting, the weather is lovely. We just wondered if there was any of you expats here at the moment, either permenantly or on holiday, if so let us know, perhaps we could have a meet up. We went to one in Brisbane a couple of weeks ago, which was great. Hope to here from you .
Kate and Stewart
Old Nov 9th 2006, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

katiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Any expats in Hervey Bay?

Originally Posted by katiesel
Hi everyone
We have just moved up to Hervey Bay, and are house and job hunting, the weather is lovely. We just wondered if there was any of you expats here at the moment, either permenantly or on holiday, if so let us know, perhaps we could have a meet up. We went to one in Brisbane a couple of weeks ago, which was great. Hope to here from you .
Kate and Stewart
Bumpety bump, its only me, is there any one in Hervey bay, i'm beggining to think not!
Old Nov 9th 2006, 1:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Bumpety bump, its only me, is there any one in Hervey bay, i'm beggining to think not!
There were a few go up there, so will bump for you maybe they still post.

Hervey bays never had quite the push bayside and sunny coast have got, you need to tell everyone how 'lovely' it is , mention the cheap houses compared to further south and hervey bay could be the next 'little britain'
Old Nov 9th 2006, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

luvit has a brilliant futureluvit has a brilliant futureluvit has a brilliant futureluvit has a brilliant futureluvit has a brilliant futureluvit has a brilliant futureluvit has a brilliant future

Hi everyone
Kate and Stewart

Hi, sorry not from Hervey Bay but been through, sweet place. Can I ask why you left "Highgate Hill"
Old Nov 9th 2006, 3:23 pm
Hibees Hibees

gary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nice

Originally Posted by jad n rich
There were a few go up there, so will bump for you maybe they still post.

Hervey bays never had quite the push bayside and sunny coast have got, you need to tell everyone how 'lovely' it is , mention the cheap houses compared to further south and hervey bay could be the next 'little britain'
Spent a couple of days there last month on our reccie.Some nice houses at Point Vernon ,liked walking along the Esplanade where there are a few cafes,shops bars etc and walked along the jetty,nice little place and not that far to drive to Brisbane.

Gaz
Old Nov 11th 2006, 4:39 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Hi everyone
Kate and Stewart
Hi Kate/Stewart,

We were in Hervey Bay last week but are now back in Dubai. We saw some plots at Huntingdale Park the day before we left and are in the process of buying it. Great location - 7k to Marine, Golf Club & airport and 5k to the main shopping centre. There are some land & home packages there which are very well priced.

Gillian & Ray
Old Nov 11th 2006, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by luvit
Can I ask why you left "Highgate Hill"
We never intended to live in Highgate Hill, we are here staying with a friend.
Saying that, it's a very good area and very handy for walking to the city and south bank. We always wanted to live by the beach and love Hervey Bay. So will hopefully get ourselves up there for good.
Old Nov 11th 2006, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Thanks all for replies.

Seems like no-one is there at the moment. So will go up there and keep searching.
Old Nov 11th 2006, 11:57 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all for replies.

Seems like no-one is there at the moment. So will go up there and keep searching.
Hervey Bay is only an hour from my place, I launch the boat there most weekends. Nice place, plenty of construction going on at the moment.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

luvit has a brilliant futureluvit has a brilliant futureluvit has a brilliant futureluvit has a brilliant futureluvit has a brilliant futureluvit has a brilliant futureluvit has a brilliant future

Thanks all for replies.

Good Luck with your move
Old Nov 16th 2006, 11:02 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

We'll be in Hervey bay over Xmas. We'll be checking out the houses as I think there's a real possibility of us moving over east next year.

I'm looking at the realestate.com website going "How much!" in the same way as I did when I was looking at Perth 5 years ago. (That's "how much" as in ,"wow, how cheap is that?!")
Old Nov 17th 2006, 12:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
We'll be in Hervey bay over Xmas. We'll be checking out the houses as I think there's a real possibility of us moving over east next year.

I'm looking at the realestate.com website going "How much!" in the same way as I did when I was looking at Perth 5 years ago. (That's "how much" as in ,"wow, how cheap is that?!")

And hervey bays had a boom , 3 years ago houses were probably half that price. Friends of ours sold down here for $480,000 bought up there for $290,000. Lots of people move up there from here for the price reduction its good value, but its a 3+ hour drive from brissie, but if you dont need brissy its fine. Not really surf beaches, you need the gold or sunshine for that.
Old Nov 17th 2006, 12:27 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
And hervey bays had a boom , 3 years ago houses were probably half that price. Friends of ours sold down here for $480,000 bought up there for $290,000. Lots of people move up there from here for the price reduction its good value, but its a 3+ hour drive from brissie, but if you dont need brissy its fine. Not really surf beaches, you need the gold or sunshine for that.
I'd better get in quick before I miss the boat like I've done in Perth
Old Nov 17th 2006, 2:05 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth

Bring your dive gear Renth there's some excellent diving
Old Nov 17th 2006, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone
Kate and Stewart
Hi there

We are heading up to Burrum Head on the 25th November. We have rented a house on the Esplanade and will be there for a week. PM me if you would like to meet up somewhere for a drink.

Sharon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.