Reload this Page >

Any Ex-Pats in Oz Armed Forces?

Any Ex-Pats in Oz Armed Forces?

Old Sep 17th 2004, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

The Hun is on a distinguished road
Default Any Ex-Pats in Oz Armed Forces?

Hi,

I've been reading the Dept. of Defence website and it looks like PR's can join the Armed Forces who are not eligible for citizenship, but they have to apply for citizenship after being in for 90 days.

Are there any Ex-Pats out there who have joined or does anyone know of any Ex-Pats in the Oz Armed Forces who could give me some information?

I have served in British Army and was wondering how easy it is to get into the RAAF, how many applicants they receive each year, how many get in and age/eye sight restrictions, (will be 31 when over there and wear specs!).

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Mike.
Old Sep 17th 2004, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Any Ex-Pats in Oz Armed Forces?

There are loads of ex-British Soldiers in the Aussie army. I'm currently applying to join and I know a few already there.

I understand they sponsor 60 people per year, but if you migrate yourself, then you can join once you are a PR. The Aussie army will probably love to sign you up!

PM me for more info if you like
Old Sep 19th 2004, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Hun
Hi,

I've been reading the Dept. of Defence website and it looks like PR's can join the Armed Forces who are not eligible for citizenship, but they have to apply for citizenship after being in for 90 days.

Are there any Ex-Pats out there who have joined or does anyone know of any Ex-Pats in the Oz Armed Forces who could give me some information?

I have served in British Army and was wondering how easy it is to get into the RAAF, how many applicants they receive each year, how many get in and age/eye sight restrictions, (will be 31 when over there and wear specs!).

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Mike.

Hello Mike

That's right 90 days in uniform and the passports yours ( in fact after the 90 days you must become a citizen or lose the uniform).

I don't know about joining the RAAF but I joined the army reserves and they were over the moon to have me.

As NJK said PM me if you have any questions, maybe I'll be able to find more from this end.

Keel
Old Sep 19th 2004, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

bonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by keel
Hello Mike

That's right 90 days in uniform and the passports yours ( in fact after the 90 days you must become a citizen or lose the uniform).

I don't know about joining the RAAF but I joined the army reserves and they were over the moon to have me.

As NJK said PM me if you have any questions, maybe I'll be able to find more from this end.

Keel
My brother is in the b.army,and hes in Iraq hes due over nov,hes looked into it,and i think by what he says ,is that he can apply while hes stills serving in B.Army,and if he gets accepted,then he can leave,but they wont and cant consider the same rank.......
Not sure if this helps,but look on the net..or google and the type in the australian raaf....there will be info there
tasha
Old Sep 19th 2004, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Aye

A strange law that the Australian Armed forces have is no Man U supporters allowed! If you must support Manchester it must be CITY.

I hope this helps.

Keel
Old Sep 19th 2004, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

bonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant future

Oh Aye

A strange law that the Australian Armed forces have is no Man U supporters allowed! If you must support Manchester it must be CITY.

I hope this helps.

Keel
LOL......well Keel,my bro better change and quick cos hes a devoted man u fan................
Tasha
PS . And me
Old Sep 19th 2004, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Oh Aye

I hope this helps.

Keel
LOL, looks like I cant join then
Old Sep 19th 2004, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Hello Mike

Keel
Thanks Keel, PM on it's way.