Reload this Page >

Any Ex Pat Truck Drivers in OZ

Any Ex Pat Truck Drivers in OZ

Old Nov 21st 2005, 10:10 am
Finding a way out........

uktruckie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any Ex Pat Truck Drivers in OZ

Originally Posted by annqldau
The 'other half' just passed his MC this afternoon - jumped through the Qld Transport hoops and got it.
congratulations on passing the MC test, please explain what it all entails would be really intersted to know how it works.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by invictia
Read through these threads with interest, I was married to a truckie in the UK used to drive to the middle east all the time, I was left at home with no job abd 3 small kids...........now I'm married to an aussie who drives bloody road trains Adelaide to Perth, still got 1 kid at home but have got job this time, would like to keep in touch with any truckie widows out there, as this can be a lonley time for all concerned.
A truckies wife/partner life can be hard, with the Middle East run how long was he out for? He didn't work for Adtrans did he?
Old Nov 21st 2005, 10:31 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Read through these threads with interest, I was married to a truckie in the UK used to drive to the middle east all the time, I was left at home with no job abd 3 small kids...........now I'm married to an aussie who drives bloody road trains Adelaide to Perth, still got 1 kid at home but have got job this time, would like to keep in touch with any truckie widows out there, as this can be a lonley time for all concerned.
Hows Ceduna these days ? , dont get over there much Whyalla looks after that Area .??.............. mm
Old Nov 27th 2005, 2:04 am
Just Joined

truck driving man is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Uk truckie, how are things going on?
Old Nov 27th 2005, 2:16 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by uktruckie
Hello All,

My first post on this forum.

I'm a UK Truck driver looking for a company to sponser me in Australia.

I have made a few contacts in Australia and in the UK who deal with trucking firms. I have found trucking firms recruiting Polish drivers to work in Ozz, but still a lot of red tape for British Drivers.

What I'm wondering is there any ex-pat truck drivers who are driving for Australian companies on a HC licence.

If so what experiances have you had?
Have you thought about contacting mining companies.....they are desperate for truck drivers and are offering serious wonga
Old Nov 27th 2005, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by truck driving man
Hi Uk truckie, how are things going on?
Hello Truck Driving man, everything is going ok. I start my new job on the 5th December at the Widdowson Group in Leciester the agency work will die down in Jan/Feb so at least I will be working straight through.

I am working Friday - Monday with 1 or 2 nights out in between, it's general haulage work which will keep me busy and will be transporting the big CAT's on a low loader as well I think down to Southhampton for export.

The truck will be a topline Scania with a semi -automatic gearbox which should be fun.

I am still holding out for Australia but in the mean time I have to work and I have put my name down for Hope And Aid which will be a couple of weeks round trip to Kosovo to take aid supplies. The Widdowson Group said that wont be a problem. I just have to fork out for derv and tickets etc, but it's a good cause.
Old Nov 27th 2005, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

invictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really nice

Originally Posted by mr mover
Hows Ceduna these days ? , dont get over there much Whyalla looks after that Area .??.............. mm
Ceduna aint changed, got new marina going in ane the town is getting bigger! still got problems with the 'natives' although we are a dry zone now! Considering moving to perth next year, still see as much of him as I do now, ex used to drive for Brit European and used to be away for up to 3 weeks at a time.
Old Nov 27th 2005, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by biggy
Have you thought about contacting mining companies.....they are desperate for truck drivers and are offering serious wonga
Hello Biggy, thanks for your reply, I have contacted a migration agent in a mining town in the middle of no where to see if they could get me in on a regional visa and a member on this site father in law works for a mining out fit or who is a subbie for the mining outfit (can't remember which one.

But the money is really good............I would be up for it 2 weeks on 2 weeks off no problems.

Have you contacted any companies out in Oz regarding this?
Old Nov 27th 2005, 2:29 am

Ceduna aint changed, got new marina going in ane the town is getting bigger! still got problems with the 'natives' although we are a dry zone now! Considering moving to perth next year, still see as much of him as I do now, ex used to drive for Brit European and used to be away for up to 3 weeks at a time.
I have a friend who works for Brit European out at Uttoxeter delivering JCB (At least I think he still works for them......he name was Doug A..........and he only drives in the UK now
Old Nov 27th 2005, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

invictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really nice

I have a friend who works for Brit European out at Uttoxeter delivering JCB (At least I think he still works for them......he name was Doug A..........and he only drives in the UK now
Think my ex now drives UK only too.........from what I gather he lives in Brum and drives to Newcastle a lot........only keep in touch with couple of friends now...........me hubbie is in Perth as I type this, leaving 2 nite for home on Tuesdays changeover. Still takes some getting used too though, have no family around here, nearest rellies are Coober Pedy! Eldest son lives in Perth, he is also on way home, he'll be here tomorrow night!
Old Nov 27th 2005, 2:58 am

Still takes some getting used too though, have no family around here, nearest rellies are Coober Pedy! Eldest son lives in Perth, he is also on way home, he'll be here tomorrow night!
It must be quite a culture shock for you, being in a strange place with no family around.

My wife is a Filipino and we met while she was working and living in New York in the Pharmaceutical industry and even 4 years on now she misses family but we have not been home to New York or the Philippines for 2 years now because we are a slave to the wage.

I would worry about her if I took a truck driving job in Australia if I worked for 2 weeks on the road solidly, but that is part of my life being a truck driver and seeing the world from the eyes of a truck.
Old Nov 27th 2005, 3:27 am

Hello Biggy, thanks for your reply, I have contacted a migration agent in a mining town in the middle of no where to see if they could get me in on a regional visa and a member on this site father in law works for a mining out fit or who is a subbie for the mining outfit (can't remember which one.

But the money is really good............I would be up for it 2 weeks on 2 weeks off no problems.

Have you contacted any companies out in Oz regarding this?

I have just seen it in the newspapers, and heard that here in Qld they r crying out for truckies.........some women have even got there lisences and goin out to the mines to work cos the money is too good. The newspaper for our region is the bullitin you can get it online although u need to pay $1.10 for each issue, but the jobs r only in on a Sat and Mon so might be worth a look.....give me a shout if you want the link to the website
Old Nov 27th 2005, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by biggy
The newspaper for our region is the bullitin you can get it online although u need to pay $1.10 for each issue, but the jobs r only in on a Sat and Mon so might be worth a look.....give me a shout if you want the link to the website
Hi please could you send me the weblink, and also the mining areas in QLD are they set towns just for the mining Community?
Old Nov 27th 2005, 4:01 am

Hi please could you send me the weblink, and also the mining areas in QLD are they set towns just for the mining Community?
http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au/ it doesnt seem to be working properly just now but maybe just my puter...you might be able to access the classifieds on here(wont cost u owt) I dunno as its not playing....anyways if u look down the left bottom...thats where you can get the full paper to download...I have used it several times and its great. You can get back copies too....so it might be a good idea to get yesterdays(sat) it has the most jobs.

Mining areas round about where I am include Mooranbah, Longreach, Blackwater Dysart and Middlemount

Hope this helps
Old Nov 27th 2005, 4:29 am
It's got to be purple....

wsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe we should start a thread for truckie widows !!!

I too am a truckie widow !!!

I came to Australia at end of August this year to live with my Aussie boyfriend who is a truck driver. He started a new job not long after we arrived in Oz - he drives an oil tanker and is often away for 4 or 5 days at a time. I must admit that it can be a bit daunting at times ... being in a new country away from friends and family is hard enough but having to stay at home while he is away driving can be quite difficult for both of us. I am hoping that once I find a job it will make being on my own at home a little easier. Despite that, I still love being in Australia and I love all that the country has to offer.

Wendy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.