Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Ex Pat Truck Drivers in OZ

Wikiposts

Any Ex Pat Truck Drivers in OZ

Old Nov 10th 2005, 6:09 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Ex Pat Truck Drivers in OZ

[QUOTE=uktruckie]
Originally Posted by mr mover

Sent a couple of e-mails to the Toll group and never ever got any reply's.

Scotts Transport has a website which I can't enter.

Will keep on looking

Oh by the way mr Mover do you work under a banner of a removal company and they subcontract you for a job?

Another thing Mr Mover did you go out there on a business visa with intent on owning a removal company?

Any help will be good
I sub -contract to Grace removals , and supply a truck and labour when required, they supply me with enough work for a 5 day week . on weekends i do private work.
I have lived in Australia since i was 10 years old so i can,t compare the standards required in europe, ................ mm
Old Nov 10th 2005, 6:18 pm
Finding a way out........

uktruckie is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=mr mover]
Originally Posted by uktruckie
I sub -contract to Grace removals , and supply a truck and labour when required, they supply me with enough work for a 5 day week . on weekends i do private work.
I have lived in Australia since i was 10 years old so i can,t compare the standards required in europe, ................ mm
Grace is a large removal company.

When I worked for a removal company in the UK, we did a lot of contaner work i.e migration customers from Australia, and the cartons where from Grace.

But we did a lot more work sending items over to Australia.

I remember one customer asking us to dismantle her Kitchen and send that accross in the contaner, silly really because she just wanted to fill her contaner with junk becuase she paid for it.

I loved that job export packing at one time thats all I did export wrapping furniture for export
Old Nov 10th 2005, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Driving a truck with my high heels on..............................................
sorry
lace x
Old Nov 10th 2005, 6:57 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=uktruckie]

Grace is a large removal company.

When I worked for a removal company in the UK, we did a lot of contaner work i.e migration customers from Australia, and the cartons where from Grace.

But we did a lot more work sending items over to Australia.

I remember one customer asking us to dismantle her Kitchen and send that accross in the contaner, silly really because she just wanted to fill her contaner with junk becuase she paid for it.

I loved that job export packing at one time thats all I did export wrapping furniture for export
you would have no trouble finding work if you have export wrap experience,,,, mm
Old Nov 11th 2005, 2:03 am

[QUOTE=mr mover]
you would have no trouble finding work if you have export wrap experience,,,, mm
I think there could be plenty of work in Australia for me, but it's just finding that company which will sponser me, which is the biggest bug bear.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 6:35 pm
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Just found this on the Department for Planning and Infrastructure (licensing services) web site.

Might be useful for anyone moving to WA:

What if I have a heavy vehicle licence

To transfer a heavy vehicle licence, you must pass an oral test on specific issues relating to size and dimensions of heavy vehicles. The test comprises of 10 questions of which you must get 8 correct to pass. The heavy vehicle licence class questions and the Drive Safe book contain the rules of the road and can be download here or obtained from any Licensing Centre or Agent.

Applicants who hold HC (heavy combination), HR (heavy rigid) or MR (medium rigid) equivalents are still required to sit the heavy vehicle test.

It would appear from what I can find out that you should be able to do a straight swap ie: UK Class 2 - Oz HR....of course, you must sit the test as well, but that sounds pretty straight forward.

Time will tell I guess......although, I saw an ad the other day saying bus drivers can earn $60K PA

Always fancied being a knob 'ead bus driver and REALLY owning the road!!!
Old Nov 11th 2005, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
Just found this on the Department for Planning and Infrastructure (licensing services) web site.

Might be useful for anyone moving to WA:

What if I have a heavy vehicle licence

To transfer a heavy vehicle licence, you must pass an oral test on specific issues relating to size and dimensions of heavy vehicles. The test comprises of 10 questions of which you must get 8 correct to pass. The heavy vehicle licence class questions and the Drive Safe book contain the rules of the road and can be download here or obtained from any Licensing Centre or Agent.

Applicants who hold HC (heavy combination), HR (heavy rigid) or MR (medium rigid) equivalents are still required to sit the heavy vehicle test.

It would appear from what I can find out that you should be able to do a straight swap ie: UK Class 2 - Oz HR....of course, you must sit the test as well, but that sounds pretty straight forward.

Time will tell I guess......although, I saw an ad the other day saying bus drivers can earn $60K PA

Always fancied being a knob 'ead bus driver and REALLY owning the road!!!
Would it be possible to send me the link so I can have a look at the questions?

Roly
Old Nov 17th 2005, 2:36 am
Just Joined

truck driving man is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Uk truckie

I'm truck-driving man.

I've been following your exploits in trying to find a sponsor in Australia.

You may be better going to New Zealand first get your redancy and then go out to Australia when you can.

I have contacted quite a few of the big companies and I either not get a reply or say we are not hiring.
Old Nov 17th 2005, 4:00 pm

I had an interesting e-mail from a migration company in Australia who I had e-mailed last week and they are looking at recruiting truck drivers.

The type of visa what they are looking at is a Regional Sponsor Visa. In layman's terms look at Australia and see where the greater shortage of truck drivers is and recruit in that area.

What they say is Perth has a great shortage of truck drivers and they are looking for trucking firms there to sponsor truck drivers out of Australia.

So this is good news, will keep you informed of any developments.

If you wish for me to keep you informed please e-mail me

Roly
Old Nov 17th 2005, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

task is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nice

I had an interesting e-mail from a migration company in Australia who I had e-mailed last week and they are looking at recruiting truck drivers.

The type of visa what they are looking at is a Regional Sponsor Visa. In layman's terms look at Australia and see where the greater shortage of truck drivers is and recruit in that area.

What they say is Perth has a great shortage of truck drivers and they are looking for trucking firms there to sponsor truck drivers out of Australia.

So this is good news, will keep you informed of any developments.

If you wish for me to keep you informed please e-mail me

Roly
Hi if you dont mind will you please keep me informed
Looking to land overthere early 2006
cheers task
Old Nov 18th 2005, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by task
Hi if you dont mind will you please keep me informed
Looking to land overthere early 2006
cheers task
Hi Task,

If at all possible please could you send me your e-mail address as I have started to compile a database of truckies who are intersted to go to Australia.

Your e-mail address will not be used in spamming or passed onto anyone with out your permission.

Just in case I loose this thread.

Oh by the way I have been looking at ways to find a sponser for Australia and reading what others have said about the process for Australia and the process takes 6 months or more so I'm lead to believe.

Roly
Old Nov 18th 2005, 11:01 am
Banned

Hi Task,

If at all possible please could you send me your e-mail address as I have started to compile a database of truckies who are intersted to go to Australia.

Your e-mail address will not be used in spamming or passed onto anyone with out your permission.

Just in case I loose this thread.

Oh by the way I have been looking at ways to find a sponser for Australia and reading what others have said about the process for Australia and the process takes 6 months or more so I'm lead to believe.

Roly
http://www.roadtrains.com.au/
Roly try the forum on this site i have seen people on here enquiring about work......................... mm
Old Nov 18th 2005, 3:20 pm

http://www.roadtrains.com.au/
Roly try the forum on this site i have seen people on here enquiring about work......................... mm

Thanks mr Mover,

I have been to the website and have placed a question regarding sponser road train drivers (Under Guest), but not very busy website really.

Thanks for the thought
Old Nov 20th 2005, 7:13 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

The 'other half' just passed his MC this afternoon - jumped through the Qld Transport hoops and got it.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

invictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really nice

Originally Posted by annqldau
The 'other half' just passed his MC this afternoon - jumped through the Qld Transport hoops and got it.
Read through these threads with interest, I was married to a truckie in the UK used to drive to the middle east all the time, I was left at home with no job abd 3 small kids...........now I'm married to an aussie who drives bloody road trains Adelaide to Perth, still got 1 kid at home but have got job this time, would like to keep in touch with any truckie widows out there, as this can be a lonley time for all concerned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.