Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Ex British Truckers in NZ

Any Ex British Truckers in NZ

Old Mar 27th 2004, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

K Brierley is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Any Ex British Truckers in NZ

Are there any ex Brit Truckers out in New Zealand who can help me. Myself and my family are trying our best to seek a new life in NZ and get out of this hellhole called GREAT BRITAIN [whats so great about it]. What i need is quite simple, can anybody give me any names of firms that would be prepared to employ foreign [UK] drivers so i can then apply for my visa. Does anybody know of any firms that have a large driver shortage I know there is a big shortage of drivers in NZ just as there is worldwide. I have been in touch with quite a few firms but without much luck i am getting so downhearted due to the role of a trucker not being on the skills shortage list[hello driver shortage!]. I am currently employed by TNT Logistics and i am trying my best to get a transfer, but they seem to be dragging their arse over this happening.
Now if there are truckies out there could you give me an insight into the truckers life out in NZ.
Old Mar 27th 2004, 11:13 pm
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice
Default Re: Any Ex British Truckers in NZ

Originally posted by K Brierley
Are there any ex Brit Truckers out in New Zealand

If that's rhyming slang, then yes, it's full of them

jib
Old Mar 27th 2004, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

CUEBALL is an unknown quantity at this point

Have a friend who went to the states for 6 months as a OTR (uk equalivalent HGV) he also had the chance to emmigrate to Canada. Don`t know of anyone gone to NZ as a HGV driver. I`m sure he said there is a world Web site for Truckers.
Will try and find out for you if any help.
Good luck
Old Mar 28th 2004, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by CUEBALL
Have a friend who went to the states for 6 months as a OTR (uk equalivalent HGV) he also had the chance to emmigrate to Canada. Don`t know of anyone gone to NZ as a HGV driver. I`m sure he said there is a world Web site for Truckers.
Will try and find out for you if any help.
Good luck

Will appreciate all the help i can get. Am startin to get headache feels if i`m knockin my head against a brickwall, but am sure with a little patience and a little help from people like you it won`t be long before i`m there.
Once again thanks KB
Old Mar 30th 2004, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

WheelsOfSteel is on a distinguished road

I would drop a line to the ports i.e. Lyttelton Port Aurthority, etc and find out which company/s runs there containers around.

Then give them a bell and see if you can get a contact. Bit of cold calling but nothing ventured...

Lyttelton has a web site so would imagine the others do, at least the publically owned.

Also, try www.yellowpages.co.nz under haulage...
Old Mar 30th 2004, 6:57 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by WheelsOfSteel
I would drop a line to the ports i.e. Lyttelton Port Aurthority, etc and find out which company/s runs there containers around.

Then give them a bell and see if you can get a contact. Bit of cold calling but nothing ventured...

Lyttelton has a web site so would imagine the others do, at least the publically owned.

Also, try www.yellowpages.co.nz under haulage...

Hey thanks for that. Unfortunately been there done that, covered every haulage firm in the yellow pages directory. Think it a case of just re e-mailing firms over and over until 1 decides they have had enough and contact me.
If you have anymore idea`s then let me know, all help is grateful.
KB