Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

any ex army people??????

any ex army people??????

Old Sep 21st 2005, 3:11 pm

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default any ex army people??????

hi guys, applying visa 136, just digging through documents ready to send!!!
and hubbies army discharge papers say "temporary discharge certificate"

should he have anything else or is this sufficient???

amanda
Old Sep 21st 2005, 3:19 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any ex army people??????

Originally Posted by amanda76
hi guys, applying visa 136, just digging through documents ready to send!!!
and hubbies army discharge papers say "temporary discharge certificate"

should he have anything else or is this sufficient???

amanda
Hi Amanda

My hubby is ex army. I have just looked that his certificate again and all it says on the top is Certificate of Discharge.

When did your husband leave?, is the certificate in his red book? Does he have his red book yet?

Shirley
Old Sep 21st 2005, 3:38 pm

hi

no we dont have any red book???

just this cert with what iv described above on??????

i will ask hubby when he gets home, but hes never mentioned red book, what is it?

hes been out of the army some 13 odd yrs!!!!!!!!!!

amanda

Last edited by amanda76; Sep 21st 2005 at 3:43 pm.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

I have the red book too!!

It is the Certificate of Discharge and outlines all my postings from the day I joined to the day I left and confirms that I did actually leave rather than doing a runner!!

In fact you have me in a panic now because I can't find it now.:scared:

I had it for the TRA Application but I suspct that Mrs G has put it "somewhere safe"
Old Sep 21st 2005, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by Steve G
I have the red book too!!

It is the Certificate of Discharge and outlines all my postings from the day I joined to the day I left and confirms that I did actually leave rather than doing a runner!!

In fact you have me in a panic now because I can't find it now.:scared:

I had it for the TRA Application but I suspct that Mrs G has put it "somewhere safe"

:scared: OMG!!!!!! he has not got it and never has, i seem to think he should have had this after his temp certificate that he HAS got!!!

me thinks hubby needs to ring and investigate tomorrow!!!

will let you know how we get on......................

amanda
Old Sep 21st 2005, 5:42 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

:scared: OMG!!!!!! he has not got it and never has, i seem to think he should have had this after his temp certificate that he HAS got!!!

me thinks hubby needs to ring and investigate tomorrow!!!

will let you know how we get on......................

amanda
I seem to recall I got my red book from my platoon commander at my leaving interview, when he lets you read all the wonderful things he's written about you You have to sign it in front of him as well, unless it's all changed, that was 20 odd years ago!

http://www.mod.uk/contacts/army_records.htm
Old Sep 21st 2005, 5:54 pm
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

I'd be a little concerned - it's a crucial document and you need certified copies of a couple of pages in it!!!!

Got mine the day I left!!

I know it's no consolation, but he really should have one if he left officially and didn't go AWOL etc.....

Get him to contact his manning and records office.....possibly Kentigern House in Glasgow?

Good luck and I'm sure he'll be able to get a copy no problem, just might take an age knowing the bloomin' army!!
Old Sep 21st 2005, 6:28 pm

um, justing chatting to hubby, and hes ex MP does that make a difference?????

he said at his leaving interview he just got his cert??? he was medically discharged....................

he is going to ring them tomorrow

amanda
Old Sep 21st 2005, 6:31 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

If he's ex MP, tell him I wish I hadn't bothered
Old Sep 21st 2005, 6:34 pm
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

he said at his leaving interview he just got his cert??? he was medically discharged....................

he is going to ring them tomorrow

amanda
No, wont make any difference at all, even though most MP's thought they were, somehow, 'different'!!
He should still have a red book, med discharge or not......
Think calling them will be a good bet!
Hope it goes well....
Old Sep 21st 2005, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
If he's ex MP, tell him I wish I hadn't bothered

Old Sep 21st 2005, 8:39 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

hi

no we dont have any red book???

just this cert with what iv described above on??????

i will ask hubby when he gets home, but hes never mentioned red book, what is it?

hes been out of the army some 13 odd yrs!!!!!!!!!!

amanda
Hi amanda

I left 16 years ago, my husband left 2 1/2 years ago and we both have red books. Basically it is a record of his service, date he enlisted, date he was discharged, all his postings, his qualifications and his job description. It should have been given to him by his last unit.

Hope this helps

Shirley
Old Sep 21st 2005, 8:44 pm
Where I want to be

Ok, so I didn't see the other replies, and I see that others have done a wonderful job in helping.

I am sure that the monkeys had the same system as everyone for this, I know they are a law unto themselves for most things

But as everyone says, this is really important and does need sorting asp.

Good luck

Shirley
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

mish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya....

My partner left the army 6 years ago and when we had to declare information regarding time served in the armed forces for the defacto spuse visa, we sent off the exact form you're talking about!!

We also thought it would be a problem as it said 'Temporary' in the title - but it was accepted without any problems!

I'll have to ask him about a red book??? As i've never seen one ( - it's probably at his mother's!!) but we didn't need it!!

Hope this helps!

Michelle x
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by mish & al
Hiya....

My partner left the army 6 years ago and when we had to declare information regarding time served in the armed forces for the defacto spuse visa, we sent off the exact form you're talking about!!

We also thought it would be a problem as it said 'Temporary' in the title - but it was accepted without any problems!

I'll have to ask him about a red book??? As i've never seen one ( - it's probably at his mother's!!) but we didn't need it!!

Hope this helps!

Michelle x

thankyou michelle!!!
some reasurrance!! hubby has hopefully rang whoever he needed to ring today, so when he gets home we should have a idea about why etc he doesnt have red book??????

thanks mate, just the reasurance i needed after getting up from my sleep after a night shift!! another one tonight

amanda

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.