Reload this Page >

Any early retirees o the Sunshine Coast

Any early retirees o the Sunshine Coast

Old Oct 11th 2007, 1:10 am
Just Joined

lara48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Any early retirees o the Sunshine Coast

Hi there,

I am new to this and posted on the general forum, they suggested that I post here.

We have recently moved to the Sunshine Coast on retirement visas decided to retire early nd make a new life here. We moved from Oxfordshire in te UK mainly because we have family here, this is all well but they have their own friends and we are finding it difficult to meet new people as we do not work.
So I was wondering if there are any others out there in a similar situation.

Hope to here from someone
Old Oct 11th 2007, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any early retirees o the Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by lara48
Hi there,

I am new to this and posted on the general forum, they suggested that I post here.

We have recently moved to the Sunshine Coast on retirement visas decided to retire early nd make a new life here. We moved from Oxfordshire in te UK mainly because we have family here, this is all well but they have their own friends and we are finding it difficult to meet new people as we do not work.

Where abouts are you on the sunshine coast ?
Old Oct 11th 2007, 10:48 am
Just Joined

lara48 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by somme
Where abouts are you on the sunshine coast ?
Hi there, we are just outside Tewantin
Old Oct 11th 2007, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Gill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant future

Hi there,

Hi Lara48

My husband & I live just off the Bruce Hwy between Cooroy and Pomona, we have been here nearly 2 years and like you have not yet any young retirees, although we have met some who are a bit younger through the Ex Pats. My daughter & her husband live in Bli Bli and we tend to mix with their friends, many of them come to our place for BBQ's and pool parties and we go to theirs, but it's not the same as having friends nearer your own age. If you want to email me and arrange a meet up then please do, we would love to meet you both
Old Oct 11th 2007, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Hi there, we are just outside Tewantin
We are coming out on 8 December and although my hubby will be working, poor thing I am taking early retirement.

We are going to be staying just south of Noosa when we arrive but would love to meet up for a coffee.

I don't think it is far from you, but that is on the map
Old Oct 11th 2007, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

scotfree is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, my wife and I are here on retirement visas also and would love to meet up with similar type people, we have been in Oz for just over four years and live at Ningi, just before Bribie Island. Cheers Scofree.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sounds like we have got a meet up on the way
Old Oct 11th 2007, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

Gill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant future

We are coming out on 8 December and although my hubby will be working, poor thing I am taking early retirement.

We are going to be staying just south of Noosa when we arrive but would love to meet up for a coffee.

I don't think it is far from you, but that is on the map
Hi there, just saw that you are going to be around Noosa, that only 20 mins from us and nearer for Lara48. Do keep in touch, love to meet up for coffee. Maybee we can set up that new meet up once you are here.
Old Oct 12th 2007, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scotfree
Hi, my wife and I are here on retirement visas also and would love to meet up with similar type people, we have been in Oz for just over four years and live at Ningi, just before Bribie Island. Cheers Scofree.
Hi Scotfree, Would be great to meet up sometime, keep in touch and maybe we can arrange something - Also be good to have a meet up when Somme has settled in.
Old Oct 12th 2007, 11:38 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Hi there,

Hi

We are not up your way but have you checked out the local Probus clubs.

We have joined a local mixed one here which has been brilliant for meeting new people and getting to do things we wouldn't have thought of back in UK. There is obviously a predominance of Australians but us Poms have a fair contingent and the rest come from all over the world. Knowing all these other folk leads to other, non-Probus things. No week passes without something going on.

It is NOT like a Senior Citizens outfit, is run solely for the benefit of its members, has a volunteer unpaid committee. Your only obligation is to attend 6 of the monthly meetings in a year and do as much, or as little, over that.

If you want, I'll PM you the details of our club's website so you can have a look at the set up.

Regards

Jim
Old Oct 13th 2007, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gill C
Hi there, just saw that you are going to be around Noosa, that only 20 mins from us and nearer for Lara48. Do keep in touch, love to meet up for coffee. Maybee we can set up that new meet up once you are here.
Hi Gill C, I have seen from other posts you took your dogs, I have a nervous black lab I am wondering how he will cope with the journey. Did your dogs cope OK? Is it hard to find a rental if you have a dog? Everyone here tells me I am being cruel taking him.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Hi Gill C, I have seen from other posts you took your dogs, I have a nervous black lab I am wondering how he will cope with the journey. Did your dogs cope OK? Is it hard to find a rental if you have a dog? Everyone here tells me I am being cruel taking him.
Hi Somme,

Sorry I took so long to get back to you, have been a bit busy with the reno's. Yes we did bring 2 dogs with us, I sent them to Melbourne because visiting times were more often than in Melbourne. I stayed in Melbourne for the 30 days and visited them every day for the first week then they would only let me vist 3 times a week. That was OK I got to see more of Victoria. The dogs were fine, as were all the others at the Quarantine the staff were excellent. I know it is worrying I felt so cruel having to leave them there, but it was better tan the alternative, at least after 30 days you are back together, as for the rental situation, it's not that bad we got a property without problems, the only thing is most stipulate that the dogs live outside, (ours were outside when the Real Estate did there inspections),Oh, I almost forgot you have to be given 24 hours notice of inspection so its not a problem. The dogs lived indoors with us just like in the UK. And just to reassure you the dogs are vey happy here one of mine was nearly 12 years old when I brought her here and she has got a new lease of life, she can out run and go on for longer that the younger one. If I was in your position I would bring him with me. If you have any other queries email me. Hope to meet up when you get her, over Christmas might be good espeially if your on your own and haven't met many people by then. Anyway, Good Luck
Old Oct 25th 2007, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

Richard007 will become famous soon enough

hi all. We live at Sunrise Beach next door to Noosa and would love to meet with some locals....We are 37 & 36 and little girl is 4 and a half

to easy
Old Oct 26th 2007, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gill C
Hi Somme,

Sorry I took so long to get back to you, have been a bit busy with the reno's. Yes we did bring 2 dogs with us, I sent them to Melbourne because visiting times were more often than in Melbourne. I stayed in Melbourne for the 30 days and visited them every day for the first week then they would only let me vist 3 times a week. That was OK I got to see more of Victoria. The dogs were fine, as were all the others at the Quarantine the staff were excellent. I know it is worrying I felt so cruel having to leave them there, but it was better tan the alternative, at least after 30 days you are back together, as for the rental situation, it's not that bad we got a property without problems, the only thing is most stipulate that the dogs live outside, (ours were outside when the Real Estate did there inspections),Oh, I almost forgot you have to be given 24 hours notice of inspection so its not a problem. The dogs lived indoors with us just like in the UK. And just to reassure you the dogs are vey happy here one of mine was nearly 12 years old when I brought her here and she has got a new lease of life, she can out run and go on for longer that the younger one. If I was in your position I would bring him with me. If you have any other queries email me. Hope to meet up when you get her, over Christmas might be good espeially if your on your own and haven't met many people by then. Anyway, Good Luck
Thanks for this Gill C, a freind is going to have him until we have settled in and I can make a decision on what is best for HIM, thanks for the email I have had intermittent internet connection for the last week, lets hope it is resolved now.

Looking forward to meeting up in December
Old Oct 26th 2007, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Richard007
hi all. We live at Sunrise Beach next door to Noosa and would love to meet with some locals....We are 37 & 36 and little girl is 4 and a half

to easy
We arrive on the 9 December at Peregian Beach, so feel free to PM me if you want a meet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.