Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any DVD's about Australia?

Any DVD's about Australia?

Old Jan 25th 2008, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

ozzydreamer will become famous soon enoughozzydreamer will become famous soon enough
Default Any DVD's about Australia?

Hi everyone, just wondered if you know of any dvd's about Australia? Ive been watching wanted down under but oh has been working, so Id like him to see what the different area's are like.
So one about emigratting, or the different area's of Oz would be great!
Old Jan 25th 2008, 8:15 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any DVD's about Australia?

Mad Max ?
Old Jan 25th 2008, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

gazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nice

Billy Connelly did a tour of oz, might be bout ten years old but it could be a start.
Gary
Old Jan 25th 2008, 8:54 pm
CDT
Forum Regular

CDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really nice

Originally Posted by ozzydreamer
Hi everyone, just wondered if you know of any dvd's about Australia? Ive been watching wanted down under but oh has been working, so Id like him to see what the different area's are like.
http://www.pleasetakemeto.com/

Maybe aimed at tourists but perhaps of some use to show the different areas.

Seem to have plenty of online videos, but I think they also do a dvd.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Immigrate-to-Australia

We got one of these plenty of info. Quality not great it seems she is going around with her camcorder.

But as i say plenty of info about life,schools and you get to see a few of the area's. it was worth the money.

Hope this helps
Paddy
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

ozzydreamer will become famous soon enoughozzydreamer will become famous soon enough

Thanks for all the links - will have a look
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Herusix is a jewel in the roughHerusix is a jewel in the roughHerusix is a jewel in the roughHerusix is a jewel in the rough

Can you not download the "I-player" from the BBC website,install it on your PC then download the "Wanted Down Under"programmes for your OH to watch.

Thats what I have done for my wifey while she's been at work.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

Thats a good idea - maybe Ill just download all the positive ones, as oh will get hung up on the little moans about places - what he doesnt know wont hurt him
Old Jan 25th 2008, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fairwayskid
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Immigrate-to-Australia

We got one of these plenty of info. Quality not great it seems she is going around with her camcorder.

But as i say plenty of info about life,schools and you get to see a few of the area's. it was worth the money.

Hope this helps
Paddy
I meant to say there is a few clips of this dvd on you tube aswell.
Also if you search for diffrent area's on you tube you will find lots of video's

ie gold coast, sunshine coast, brisbane etc!!!
Old Jan 25th 2008, 10:08 pm
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

Thats a good idea - maybe Ill just download all the positive ones, as oh will get hung up on the little moans about places - what he doesnt know wont hurt him
Why? you looking to move area? Thought you just got sorted starting your new job in Gympie?
Old Jan 27th 2008, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

Weong person - we are still in UK
There is a Oz Dreamer if thats who you were thinking of
Old Jan 27th 2008, 4:17 pm
Somewhere in Oz

sla453 will become famous soon enough

www.livingdownunder.co.uk

This women produces a dvd particularly on Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast and Sydney.. £20

Covers everything, very informative, a bit "home video"ish... but worth a watch.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

Lee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud of

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/search/...ted+down+under
try this you can watch online
Lee
Old Jan 27th 2008, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Morko is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Herusix
Can you not download the "I-player" from the BBC website,install it on your PC then download the "Wanted Down Under"programmes for your OH to watch.

Thats what I have done for my wifey while she's been at work.
Does'nt work for me mate, I'm living in Germany. Crap ...

Cheers,

Morko
Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

deano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud of

Until you can get there for real, theres always the likes of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty27xUYtDWA